Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Short-term memory loss, have you got it?

Pucca   

take your iron pills, what with aunty red visting you every month ur iron level drops causing all sorts of problems, so just pick up a bottle of iron tablets and you'll be fine.

ps. low iron effects memory and other parts of the brain...

ta ta

I was anemic last year. The doctor was shocked and thought i just came from Africa. I swear i was having memory problems. I couldn't even remember what i did yesterday. It was my 3rd year and i was really stressed in school.

So stress + low iron = memory loss . :D

I don't know if I have "Short-term memory loss",however I can't remember what I did the other day... or last week.

I can't remember what I ate and what i was wearing sometimes.

It sucks...

Names of sisters and brothers lol.. let me just tell you that I don't even bother with ppl names anymore..I JUST DON'T REMEMBER their Namesss, I just say "AAHHH walalo or UUuumm Hey you!, or ...Hi ya" believe me it's sad.

My bestfriend thinks i'm losing it.

DO u think i'm getting "Short-term memory loss", or am I becoming a MAD WOMEN?

Curly   

I think you're right I'm getting myself some Iron tablets inshallah and I think the stress is due to me being so disorganised. So thanks everyone!

smile.gif

Oh and Lander maybe you are, so get it checked out or take some of our Nomad's advice or do what I'm doing.

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by 7 of 9:

Shehe..
maybe
I am..but as u can tell, I'm not as transparent as he is
redface.gif

Mar hadaa isa sheegtey, transparent ma tihido adna? LOL. Wax kuu qarsanaaba iska yar hadda :D Now I know why I had that feeling you get WHEN somebody is watching with their eyes transfixed on you LOL.

Ladies, whatever it was u all had, u've blown it my way too. I had to go back into the house 2 times before leaving for the Mosque- for money, then keys, then the door-lock jammed and I fidgeted incompetently. I then dropped by an old neighbour who lives alone to give him some of the food I'd cooked and while he ate and made all the right noises, I tried to finish his crossword. Needless to say I couldn't remember words I knew I knew. The usual crossword frustration was magnified.

I looked at the clock and it looked like I still had time left before prayers. 5 minutes later I look at the clock again and the clock says it's an hour and 5 minutes later. I can't believe my eyes. I ask the old man to tell me what he sees. He brings the clock close to his face and tells me. It's true- I'm late for prayers. I'd misread the clock 5 minutes earlier(by an hour) but I was late even then. He thanks me over and over for the food and apologises. It's not yr fault I say. It's me! I leave and catch the end of the prayers. I'm disappointed but it's the first time this Ramadan I haven't had a headache and at least I can pray without feeling like my head will explode.

I've been guzzling water, even taking a bottle of water to the Tarawih, eating dates like they're going out of nature's fashion, drinking fruit juice and eating moderately but but but my HEAD! It hurts and it's scatty and I've been having to stop sometimes to remember what it was I going to do or say or write. And now I'm losing the concept of time.

And, and, oh I forget.

Curly   

lol Luv, yeah it's official it's an epidemic! :eek: :D

No seriously I noticed I've been feeling a little better but I’ve been getting more frequent headaches. But I think you just need to take it easy, stop rushing about even if it means you'll be late SLOW DOWN!, because quiet frankly it's not worth ruin you health over. In time you'll notice that you'll feel way better!

You should probably try going to sleep earlier and having breaks in between tasks.

As for forgetting things at home, I took our nomads advice and got myself a routine, so now I always return my keys, cards, purse in the same place and I never put my ID or bank cards in my pockets…I’m bound to leave it at home the next day!