Sign in to follow this  

Just came from the Avatar preview. Anyone else went? Any thoughts?

It is the best thing I have seen on screen. Believe the hype, this is great stuff!

Chimera   

They are going to ruin it like they did with Dragonball, they can never capture the magic of the anime, for starters they miscasted every single character.

General Duke, it's literally like nothing you've ever seen. It'll blow you away. They've created a whole new planet Pandora which feels so real you'll think it really exists! It is so incredibly detailed. It's mostly CGI and very photorealistic. I can't say much about the story as we didn't get to see more than 15min of the footage (it's about an ex-marine who goes to another planet to help invade it and conquer the aliens, but eventually switches sides) but what I can tell you is that it is visually just pure feast for the eyes. I saw it six hours ago & I still can't stop thinking about how super awesome it was.

Oh my God Adam, Please. I'll pretend I didn't read your Dragonball comparison. Wait. I think you're talking about Avatar the Last Airbender? That's an M Night flick, bro. I'm talking about James Cameron's (the director of Titanic & Terminator 2) new sci-fi flick Avatar, which was shot with a new 3D camera developed by James Cameron. Yes, you read it correct. This guy not only wrote, directed and designed the creatures and the world of Pandora but also created the technology to shoot it with. And it looks amazing.