Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

A Moral Obligation -

Laba-X   

Suppose you have a friend. She ahs a daughter of about ten-and-one years of age.You are at your local Takeaway and your rather obese friend feeds her fairly sized daughter with whatever she desires and all the double-cheese burgers and Doner Kebabs she could afford. This happens occasionaly. You also see the her allowing the child all her pleasures and indulgences - chocolates, Fried Chips and the lot.

Now, are you morally inclined to intervene between this woman's reprehensible conduct and ehr daughter as this might damage her, or do you leave them well alone to their own devices?

She ahs a daughter of about
ten-and-one years of age

Have we gone back a few centuries? Heh.

What was the question? Oh yeah...are you morally obligated to blast the unhealthy mother for her bad parenting?

Sure...go ahead. Get as much healthy eating and good nutrition literature as you can and smack her with them. :mad:

^That show is rather erm...... aint it?First time in my life I see parents who break down after the first week of giving their children veggies and other decent foods as opposed to junk..."I feel so bad..I feel like giving up" Haaaaaaaaaye :confused:

Laba-Xiniinyood,

Inanta iyo hooyodeyd maa Soomaali bey yihiin?

Now, are you morally inclined to intervene between this woman's reprehensible conduct and ehr daughter as this might damage her, or do you leave them well alone to their own devices?

Morally obligated? Nah. I would say leave them alone because chances are if she is a somali girl, she is already self-concious and she will quit all junk by the time she is 15, see no worries ;) . Seriously, all the little girls around that age in my neighborhood are soo self-concious they are on the starvation-diet and before, they wouldnt eat anything that wasnt supersized. Ate so much junk food, I was afraid they would grow into giants. But now I'm afraid they would grow into anarxia :(

----------------------------------------------

Get Up!Up Even the best fall down sometimes

Sayyid   

Leave them alone! She will get to see the point when the bills come through from the expensive treatments her girl got at the dentistry.

New teeth are really expensive.

Laba-X   

A very delicate matter indeed Khayr, laakiinse kawaran hadey hooyadu inanteeda jar ka tuureyso?

Ahura, Must be the Brit in me! smile.gif

Chocolate@Honey, since when did the world change and somali women became conscious of their physique? or am i being a bit too pessimistic?

Lool@Salahu-diin. She might faint upon seeing those hefty bils though!