Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Islamist thugs beat up Somali women in Oslo

Dude get out a little bit more instead of being glued to the "televisione". Iran has a democratically elected government (unlike bush). Women are part of the parliament (decision making). Unlike popular believe Ahmadinajad has the only parliament in islamic countries where the minority Jews are represented. It is the only muslim country who openly condems Zionism (bear in mind Zionism is different from Jews faith). That is more than the Italian mafia government and the amazing thing is THEY ARE MUSLIMS.

Peacenow   

Originally posted by Seekknowledge:

Dude get out a little bit more instead of being glued to the "televisione". Iran has a democratically elected government (unlike bush). Women are part of the parliament (decision making). Unlike popular believe Ahmadinajad has the only parliament in islamic countries where the minority Jews are represented. It is the only muslim country who openly condems Zionism (bear in mind Zionism is different from Jews faith). That is more than the Italian mafia government and the amazing thing is THEY ARE MUSLIMS.

And where do you live? I can bet you any dollar it is in some white man's country. More likely the great satan itself. I would give a ounce of credence to what you are saying, if you are living and 'thriving' in Iran today. Probably not, but the looks of it.

Thierry.   

What can I say apart from “show me the money”

Like somebody else pointed out you go into emotional rants about Islam being backward yet you do not provide any evidence of where it is backward.

Saxiib tell us what is it that you think is wrong with Islam and maybe some of the more informed nomads can give you an answer.

ElPunto   

^You asked him the wrong question Thierry. In his mind there is a lot 'wrong' with Islam. The question is: what has Islam go to do with a particular country being a good or bad place to live? Most would take Saudi Arabia over Congo - showing that Islam is not issue but other things are. Hope it starts to register peacnow.

Like it or not against all odds Iran has shown the world they can thrive with the American sanctions. Why does it bother you so much about a muslim country's success. Why are you so angry about it? Is it because your theory is proven wrong by these successfull Ilamic countries?

Peacenow   

Iran is not a sucessful country by any measure. In fact if it is the model you hold up - then you are really in trouble aren't you.

The easiest counter point is would live there yourself? The answer would most certainly NO. The real truth is that it inisde every Islamist there is nothing but a hollow and empty shell. Because you demand others to be 'cleaner' than yourself. When you are by any definition not a model to emulate. So the result is failure.

[ December 31, 2007, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: Rahima ]

Peacenow   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^ The question is: what has Islam go to do with a particular country being a good or bad place to live?

i believe you are aiming that at 'Seekknowledge'.

Hey I wouldn't like to live in Italy for sure and it is not an islamic country. There is more corruption there than any country in Europe. If you do a little research on what Islam teaches instead of blaming all on Islam I am sure you would strive hard for a real Islamic state. Tell me do you blame on Christianity for all the Italian corruption? Do you blame on the international successfull countries for the illegal war by the Americans on Iraq? Do you blame Islam on the failures of other non muslim countries?

Peacenow   

For one thing I agree with you. I would not wish Italy on anyone. Believe me this country is heading down to the toilet. But there you go. One has to make do.

I asked you name me one Islamist country that is a success and you gave me Iran. Someone is trouble, aren't they.

I have read the Qu'ran. My views on it are clear. I'm interested in the nation state and and this concept called 'Somalia'. Point after point is made of what makes a nation successful. Religion is not one of them.