Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

Are ethics called for in this instance

SeeKer   

Short and sweet.

Medical ethics does not allow doctors to divulge their patients confidentiality.Lawyers,when clients confides a murder, cannot tell on them.In the instance of a patient having AIDS and not telling his spouse and kids that they might be carriers is this really the time to stand by your ethics when you can save two or more people by telling? If your client killed someone aren't you doing the society a favor by pointing a finger at him?

Would like to hear your view on this pls. I got to admit I don't know much about this subject but as far as I have seen the only time the healthcare workers can interfere is when the patient refuses to practice safe sex but how do they reinforce this?

Interesting you should ask this. This question has been the topic of hot debate due to this incident that occured recently in Canada-->

Smith faces second degree charge

I believe that if a person has contacted fatal/contagious disease his/her rights to privacy should be overruled by the publics right to their health. One person cannot be held in favour over the rights of many others. Its unethical, immoral, wrong, etc. Anyone who is in contact with the said person should be informed. However I don't believe this warrants a section in the local newspaper---just the close circles that person interacts with.

Nephissa   

It's a Criminal act. Knowingly engaging in sexual activity without full disclosure. Now if she said. "I have HIV", and they still went through with it, that's their own problem, they were taking the risk of a bullet being in the chamber.

If your client killed someone aren't you doing the society a favor by pointing a finger at him?

That's where the $ is at. Defending the bloodiest defendants, more often at $750/hr if not more. Doing the society a favor, or the innocent Joe isn't a lot of money to a lawyer. It's all about greed.

Lake   

^^^

They could care less about the damn society..as long as the devil advocates chedda is right at the end of the day.

The healthare worker can also intefere if he treats a patient with a bullet wound to the police

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Pretty Tone:

The healthare worker can also intefere if he treats a patient with a bullet wound to the police [/QB]

Huh :confused: