Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Top 10 dangerous destinations

winnie   

dude, never say never.

i remember when ppl on sol were talking about somalia not having an aids problem because "we're muslims"... search on old sol topics, im sure we discussed it here.

granted, there are factors contributing to these stories that are less common in somalia (i mean, sure we're dysfunctional, but we have an extended family system nonetheless that curbs that family mania a bit).

besides, those stories aren't actually that common. they just feel that way because we have 24hour news stations that need to keep their ratings up.

we have murderers in somalia, rapists, drug addicts etc. alhamdulillah, i think because of the structure in our society (the base of which is islam and family) it isn't as common as other places in the world, but i still dont think we're more sharaff. i mean, even within somalia, there is more crime in the big cities than in rural areas, why is that? because there are different societal rules, there is less of a factor of neighbours watching, its more anonymous, it invites elements from all types of different backgrounds.

in england, during the renaissnace era there was a rise in std's partly due to the influx of people in cities, where they felt less inhibited by social constraints (ie neighbours watching) and cuckoldry was a very common phenomenon.

i really dont believe there are a people innately better than another, our quran refutes that.

I don't mean we are innately better them Allah created all equal but we are free from many of the social problems they have as a result of our religion.

And besides something just burns me when i read these kind of things... especially when the !@#$%^&* had a hand in making our country into what it is today.

and the Title of the list should read:

"The top 10 Dangerous destinations for Americans ". if that were the title smile.gif I would be proud to be in #1

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

These things never happen in somalia

quote:

COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (AP) - A 15-year-old boy is facing murder charges in the shooting deaths of his parents and two younger brothers in their home in a Baltimore suburb.

and

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) -- Police continue to search for a gunman who shot and killed five women Saturday morning at a suburban Chicago strip mall, a Tinley Park police spokesman said

these types of stories are common these days.

and this is just over the weekend, this time next week I could add probably another 10 similar incidents.

granted somalia is a bit unstable but this is a level of craziness we dont have to deal with
Haha, is that it?? a psychophrenic kid shooting his family makes America dangerous than Somalia, where a missile flying into ordinary homes, ripping lives to shreds, is the norm? call me crazy, but I feel safer here, with the crazziess!!!