Sign in to follow this  
koonfur

Football Vs Soccer?

koonfur   

Guys, I don't get this. The real football that we used to call football when we were in africa, is called Soccer in this country(USA). They called football a sport that is played more 90 percent by hand. It doesn't make no sense. I wonder what you guys think about that.

Jaylaani   

I DON’T AGREE WITH THE NAMES HOWEVER, YOU CAN’T COMPARE SOCCER TO FOOTBALL. FOOTBALL IS FAR MORE SUPPERIOR THAN SOCCER. SOCCER IS A POPULAR GAME BECAUSE IT IS VERY CHEEP SPORT TO PLAY. GOD IT IS SO BORING TO WATCH. I STILL PLAY THE GAME THOUGH, EVERY SUMMER.

koonfur   

You got a good point Mojam. But if the person was high at the time he or she called American football "football" then how come no body didn't stop him/her? They can't be all high you know, unless that day was "every body get high day" :D

koonfur   

I disagree with you Jaylaani. American Football is not supperior than soccer. If it is, why is American football popular only in North America? Football or (handball) rather, is an American sport period. Soccer(The real football) is a world sport and it is played in every corner of the globe and you know it.

mojam   

;) Konfur

jaylani, yes soccer is cheap to play, it is even played without shoes, but don't you think that any ***** can throw a ball using hands, but it takes skill to do the same with your feet!

Jaylaani   

I see your point however I still enjoy football "Handball" as you put it, better. It is a matter of taste I guess.

Since you guys don't like football because hands are being used to play, how about basketball. Now, don't tell me one doesn't have to have the ultimate athletic skills to play basketball in a high level. AI, don't I say more.

N.O.R.F   

They call that game played for 4hrs and with many many stoppages football, even thos its 90% hands. 1st downs,fumbles,field goals,rushing bladi blah, what a pointless game, but hey thats only my opinion. They call it football cos they dumb *** americans!

mojam   

Northerner you tell them.

Soccer can be boring to watch ... well ofcourse. any game can be. Anybody who wants a soccer match that isn't boring should watch the Word Cup, UEFA champions league, the African Nations Cup, or the copa libertadoris.

koonfur   

Yeah you are right Mojam. Any game can be boring sometimes no matter what kind sport it is. It all depends on your interest for the game. Let's say you are a football/handball fan and you support your state team alot. If your team is a looser and never makes to the playoffs, I bet you wouldn't care about football/handball that much.

Since this is only guys input, I'm gonna add in my oppinons boys. Move Over!!!

I would like to agree with most of you guys the fact that it doesn't make any sense why it is called Football when the "hands" are basically being used most of the time. I also agree that Soccer (orginally called Football) is a sport worth playing more then watching. Damn these "high" Americans and their dumb sense in calling something Football when the hands are in more use. I also really hate the word "Soccer". Urgh!

Later Boys ;) !

LuCkY   

^^^^^Guess i wiLL join the cLub.

I agree with JayLaani on this.FootbaLL(american)to me is a more intriguing game.MOre intense and interesting in the sense that its got more aggression.Sometimes you can hear the peopLe getting "crunched". icon_razz.gif

I think they caLLed FootbaLL(american)footbaLL because of the attention and popuLarity that Soccer(the reaL footbaLL)was getting. :confused: So they figured if they give it the same name it may get the same exposure.FootbaLL(american)cant be caLLed HandbaLL because they aLready have a game with that name that deserves it even though footbaLL(american)maybe more suitabLe for that name. I dont know...im just putting two and two together...this probabLy doesnt even make much sense. :rolleyes:

IT couLd have been that they were "high" as some of you said...i think that they aLso had someone "famous" name the game...you know how these senseLess peopLe worship ceLebrities. :rolleyes:

But whatever i am FootboLL americano fan rather than "footbaLL".