Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Christopher Hitchens, signs his book that denies the existence of God

Prometheus;765643 wrote:
One of the greatest English essayists to put pen to paper. His command of logic and language are truly legendary. RIP, Hitch.

I highly recommend reading his fascinating memoir, Hitch-22.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

I agree, as some have described him as being a 'fearless writer and a brilliant rhetorician', I was fortunate enough to have watched his appearence at the MUNK school to debate the likes of Tony Blair and illness did not deter him, he was relentless in advancing his arguments.

Earlier in the year, in an interview, he discussed about his illness and battle with cancer and his fears.

He was not frightened about death as much as he was frightened about losing his ability to write, in which he states: "Being a writer is what I am, rather than what I do."

He worshipped his creativity and I believe he genuinely wanted a better world, and whether you are a Christian, Muslim, or an atheist, Hitchens was fearless in his crusade to undertake some of the most pressing issues of the day in attempting to debunk the ills of the world. In this, he deconstructed the very source of conflict, religion and its sinister others, body social and politics....

Regardless of your belief, you should feel compelled to read some of his work, atleast attempt to read the man's work before you put him in a box.

R.I.P CHRISTOPHER, we will miss you...........

We will be missing you

Thinkin of the days, when you went away

What a life to take, what a bond to break

We will be missing you

We will be missing you

We will be missing you

We will be missing you

We will be missing you

PS: MMA, your post suggests that you have a one way ticket to heaven......wishful thinking anyone?

RaMpAgE   

Garnaqsi;765757 wrote:
One of my favourite thinkers. May he rest in peace.

"If hell has Christopher in it, then I’d like to reserve my place there now. " - Stephen Fry.

Lets hope those who support this pig, will go all the way to hell with him. Amiin..

^ Amiin, adeer. No matter. It has been said, rather aphoristically, "in heaven, all the interesting people are missing". Dadyowga caqliga ka curyaamay midh baan odhan, oo waa halkii Cantara bin Shaddad ee: wa Jahannamu bil Hitchens, atyabu manzili :)

Odagaanu was nothing more than a barking dog. He stood on an empty ball, and for nothing, only aroused the excitement of the sensationalists.

aero   

Hmm. Such a smug should be quite aware of his destination now. Resting in nonexistence? Send us a telegraph ol' Hitchens! How's that heat treating ya?

ElPunto   

Little different from Ayan Ali Hersi and Ann Coulter. I guess even those will have people eulogizing their supposed brilliance and creativity.

One thing is for sure - by now he has definite answers about the existence or non existence of God, Heaven and Hell.

N.O.R.F   

So he doesn't believe in God. Big deal. There were many before him and there will be many after him. Hardly heard of him before his death but why are some of us quick to state where he is headed?

When asked about whether Jesus is a God or not, Benjamin Franklin on his deathbed retorted ; I guess I will soon find that one out.

I am sure Mr. Hitchens has already got some answers.

Abdul   
When asked about whether Jesus is a God or not, Benjamin Franklin on his deathbed retorted ; I guess I will soon find that one out.

I am sure Mr. Hitchens has already got some answers.[/quote)Probably got his answers before he took his last breath.

Abdul   

xiinfaniin;766054 wrote:

I am sure Mr. Hitchens has already got some answers.

Hope he got his answers before he took his last breath

I think we are failing to see bigger picture-the man was mouthpiece neacons who are responsible for the deaths of hundreds thousands of people. He went out of his way to advance this cause. That should be his legacy. Whether he believes is beside the point and matters little now.

Som@li   

Che -Guevara;766103 wrote:
I think we are failing to see bigger picture-the man was mouthpiece neacons who are responsible for the deaths of hundreds thousands of people. He went out of his way to advance this cause. That should be his legacy. Whether he believes is beside the point and matters little now.

agree, the guy was a poison, what he believed is beside the point.

Garnaqsi   
Strangely, it seems many of you guys not only know that he is having an afterlife but are also aware of his situation down in there. I believe it was Bertrand Russell who said the trouble with the world is that the dumb are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.