Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Universal TV!

NGONGE   

As most people on here already know, I have become an avid fan of Universal TV. I find their adverts side splitting, some of their news coverage impressive and their programs interesting.

Cagmadhige is a personal favourite. The young lady that presents the Music Show and the calls she receives are hilarious (she got an old man phoning her and telling her off for being on TV recently). The programs with the doctors and most of their callers are also very interesting. Then there are the short films/riwaayado (Ilka Case and his gang of five come up with the lamest stories imaginable but their acting makes up for it all).

But, really, where U TV excels is in their politics and news coverage. They have reporters in every part of Somalia and most of them are really good (if somewhat A&T like). Xamdi in Nairobi slouches on the chair when she’s interviewing an important Kenyan-Somali politician. Khadar Cakule puts too much gel in his hair. Modi Al Cadaala has the most amazing collection of shirts (but gets beaten hands down by the young guy from Buhoodle).

However, the real man that makes up U TV for me is the majestic Cabdulqaadir Nadaara! I remember hearing that he was kidnapped in Somalia a couple of years ago and that only served to increase my admiration for the man.

An example of the man’s authority and dedication to his job was the interview he had (LIVE) with one Mr Something Azhari, who is the Minster for the Somali Qurba Joog (or something along these lines). In the interview, the minster announced that the Somali government would open an office in the UK to deal with the issues relating to Somalis living in the UK. Like a flash, Nadaara hit him with the question (and I paraphrase), “why do we need such an office when the UK is full of offices dedicated to the Somali communities?”.

The minster waffled some nonsense and went on about the importance of this office and how it can benefit everyone. But the irrepressible Nadaara cut him off and asked how this would apply to those identifying themselves as citizens of SL. He then decided to make the minster’s discomfort complete by asking him if this office was the idea of the Somali or British government. “We never heard of such an office until Sh. Sharif visited London. Did the British government tell him to open such an office?”

In a media where pointless websites invent all manner of stories and allow Somali politicians to dictate interviews, Mr Nadaara stands alone. Hail to thee, bespectacled one. Or as cagmadhige would say: Ya salaam, ya salaam, ya salaam.

2459.jpg

Abtigiis   

:D:D what about the Baravan guy who reads the news (Abdihalim something) with hysterical voice and stress?

What about baffo? the young fashionable guy?

What about the peasant-look Abshir Mandela?

War meeshu waa riwaayd socota. I am addicted now.

But I always think the guy in the car insuance advert (the one to whom a pretty lady says haa walaal waxann rabaa...) is Ngonge. Somehow, ninkaasi wuu igu qufulan yahay. My suspicions increased ever after I talked to NG on the phone. Waa isku cod.

N.O.R.F   

lol@cag ma dhige. Havent heard his reports for a while.

Ngonge, you've been on a bit of a dhaqan celis aan kursiga ka kicin these days. Even reading Somali books. Finally tired of all the dacaayad flung your way? Or are you plotting something?

NGONGE   

^^ All accidental really. The Somali book is real good. It's like an Indian movie. I'll write about it tomorrow insha allah (and may even quote some parts). :D

Heh@A&T. The pictures and sound in that advert don't even fit but the laugh is crazy. :D

Abtigiis   

It is not the laughing bald guy who calls a phone when he hits another car. War waa the handsome guy with nice suit, xafiiska loogu imanayo. :D

I remember making a thread on the politic section a couple of months ago regarding UNIVERSAL TV unprofessionalism.

It was excatly a somaliland political debate.

something i called mirqaan debate on TV.

reason a guy called Harari collected 4 guys what seems to be from his favourites marfish.

1 minister (siciid sulub)

1 official from kuliyeh

1 UCID faisal ali warabeh

1 guy from nowhere

and him the so called moderator (HARARI)

and they were debating about somaliland!!

Wallahi i have laughed that nigth..

reason: HARARI did not realised that what his making to pass as a TV debate is pure clan based mirqan

The whole five people on the panel including the so called moderator Harari where from the same clan.

at least no attempt of including any other section of somaliland!

PURE MARFASH TALK.

Maaddeey   

Universal TV waxaan nacay markii program aan xiisa saas ah lahayn aad la qabsato ee isagoo dhex kuu maraya la jaro, ee Advert la soo geliyo ee Muxaadaro lagu xijiyo ee dhexda lagu gooyo...Riwaayad lagu daba qabto..haddana Berri iyadoo HALF HALF ah haddana lagu soo celiyo!

Juje   

That is Somali for you 'waxna lagama sameysan karo waxnanan ma sameystan'.

If you dont like Universal don't watch it - in fact better establish your own TV channel with your desired ethics and professionalism - untill then be a good viewer.

Nina aso ordayo ma dhalan - Universal is at its early stages and operates with minimum resources, and surely it will gradually and eventually improve with time.

However much it may be below bar in your standards (compared to BBC CNN & SKY) it has on the other hand been much appreciated news and entertainment source for many of the Somali Diaspora.

I'm not a fan of any "Somali" TV ,, I don't find them useful anyway.

No Universal, No RAAD, No ETN and nothing at all ,,,, not even the SL one :D

NGONGE   

^^ Clips from some programs are. But I think U TV have a website where you can watch some programs online.

For the rest, as Juje already said, nothing is really perfect and U TV is far from perfect (which is why most people find it addictive).

The only problem I have with Universal TV is why they have not interviewed Sh. Sharif yet. I trust Nadaara to ask him all the questions we want to ask (maybe Juje can arrange it). :D

Juxa   

Ngonge do you want to have your own programme in universal tv?

that would be interesting, you could interview the sheikh in his fav language