Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Teacher Training for All

img_2808.jpg

One effective way of realizing Education for All is to educate more teachers. Unfortunately there are not enough universities or college buildings to educate everyone in the world. But with e-learning we can reach more, even in the rural and remote areas and people that usually shouldn’t be able to participate in higher studies depending on lack of money or life situations.

MKFC Stockholm College are running teacher training in Somaliland from Stockholm, Sweden. The teacher training is based on the British standard and here is an extract of an interview with the tutors from MKFC Stockholm College website.

Emma Hedlund, educating tutor, and Mohamed Xarbi, tutor and communicator, are excited after the start up of a complete Teacher Training End-to-End eLearning™ education in Somaliland

–It’s a quite comprehensive education lasting for three years and a half, says Emma, tutor at the course. And it will give the 13 teachers very good common teacher qualifications. Most of the teachers have long experience at the school and are well educated, but there is a great value in getting a common platform in method and pedagogic.

While Emma is the formal tutor of the course, responsible for course content and educational tutoring, Xarbi plays the role of a communicator and supporter in technical matters.

–I am pushing the students and I inform and explain things. Simultaneously I do some support in course administration on the learning platform, says Xarbi.

Then, are there any problems when performing the course?

–The lack of computers and a slow Internet connection at the school may cause some waiting, says Xarbi, but we have sent the course materials on CD-roms, so they can do most of the job without any connection.

The End-to-End eLearning™ concept offers different channels for managing a course despite modest technical equipment. Also, the standard of equipment as well as connections will certainly improve; it’s surely just a matter of time.

The Somaliland school also has a blog where they post about their processes of participating in the teacher education, you find it here.

Imagine when we won’t be limited by the picture of a physical building when thinking about education, but rather thinking of learning in a connected world. Then our vision of Education for All will be realized.

web page

J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o!

i had planned and visit to partner 2 schools; one in Sadland and another in Bugland with two schools in London - i had the funds approved and teachers who were all willing to travell to the hot zone.

Then suddenly the kidnappings in bugland and the stories about teachers getting shot (for supposedly spreading christianity) came to surface

and on top of that Foreign Office's warning do "not travell to Somalia, even in Sadland under any circumsatnces" :mad:

i am not technological advance so you'll have to tell about how i can at least set up some sort of virtuall link between these schools, obviously without visiting them.

Edit: BTW the artcile is quite positive - well done on those involved - hope it bears fruit for all.

There are many organizations working in this area in S-Land. I could put you through them and see what you can do.

As for Bugland, i have some good contacts and i can put you through. They mainly work in the humantarian context.

I don't think i'll even attempt another visit for the forseeable future but i would like to explore another avuenue

if you can help with that - i would greatly appreciate.

i'll pm you -

^^an educated fool :D who thinks sarcasm doesn't cause offence.

i guess they didn't teach you that - 'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit'

and by the way - thanks for the compliments, my soomaalinimo means more to me than having tact (the art of asslicking whilst attempting to kick it)

NGONGE   

I don't care for the offence I cause, as long as my point gets across. smile.gif (did it?)

'My sommaalinimo means more to me....etc..etc..' is usually the start and end of stuff and nonsense. Do you want to help these schools? Keep your politics to yourself. A bright man like you should easily spot such an obvious hindrance!

ps

Yes, sarcasm is probably the lowest form of wit (if only you would understand the quote though) ;)

Still, I was not being sarcastic. Far from it, I was sneering quite openly there. :D

^^^ you actually had point?? you bloody half wit :D

how is that for tact?? :cool:

as for my political views - are you saying JB is setting me a trap and soon as i get there - he'll put in jail for my political rambling???