Salma   

Originally posted by FARIID:

[QB]

ok seriously there are distinguishing traits that are inherent in somali's.e.g

1) self pride

2)the hair

3)the nose

$) big forehead e.t.c

Com'on Fariid, Hair and Nose ???????????????? I do agree totally with our International registered Trademark "BFH" the big forehead but i dont think Somali ppl have problems with their hairs and Noses. On the contrary, they have normal and acceptable hairs and noses, some have even better.

What makes you a Somali? The Height :rolleyes: , we can know if it will be raining before others LOL J/K. Somalis should make the biggest Basketball team :rolleyes:

FACT : Somali banana is delicious

Lie : A scientific Somali research which has done recently show that the Banana is da secret behind the Height of the Somalis. They eat Banana with Bariis, Bananas with Pasto, Bananas with Maraq, Bananas with Sanoona, bananas with Bananans.

Bottomline : The Banana make you a Real Slim Somali :D

Peace

STOIC   

iam somali born in kenya and i can trace back my geneology back to the last "othey" FYI.I don't have to proof to any one who iam? my somaliness is engraved in my heart.

IL CAPO   

Originally posted by STOIC:

iam somali born in kenya and i can trace back my geneology back to the last "othey" FYI.I don't have to proof to any one who iam? my somaliness is engraved in my heart.

My Man...no one can ever deny your rights and being somali is your god given rights as it is he who made you Somali.

don't ever let anybody else tell you otherwise because they might think they know but they have no idea.

I leave you in Peace Ndugu.

what makes a somali is because i am loud,pompous,arrogant,know it all,proud, skinny as hell,always thinking i am the best of mankind.Yep i am a Somali alright :D

Haddad   

What makes someone a Somali is the fact that he/she was born and/or raised in the geographic location of East Africa, i.e. Somalia. It can't be that someone is of particular ethnicity, as there are many ethnicities in Somalia. It can't be that someone speaks a particular language (Somali), as there are many other languages (Maay, Bajuni, Mushunguli, Arabic, Urdu, Italian, etc).

MD   

^^So what are you saying? if you weren't born or raised in Somalia your not a somali?

Haddad   

Originally posted by MD:

So what are you saying? if you weren't born or raised in Somalia your not a somali?

You got it right. The looks might be different, but the psychology, mentality, traits, habits, culture, tradition, way of thinking & behavior and etc would match the one where he/she was raised and/or grown up. That observation isn't of nanotech science.