Sign in to follow this  
Sheekh Yuusuf

Yaabey DHINTAY,....YAHUD IN MOGADISHO !!

Emperor   

^^Naden you are currently alluding yourself from the truth of Somalia, the Somali culture and religious position. To critique the brother and present that awful exmaple of the old lady being suprised by the newly introduced coke, now I will be suprised had I been in that situation.

It's another suprise for me and great dissappointment that some other members find this normal and worse than that they find people like and Sheik as backward outdated and detached from thruth of the world and civilisation.

Adna Ilaa yaabanin anigana kula yaabani, waa Cajabeey Cajabo, Waar bal Aduunyadan yaa ka arimin.

Ms DD   

^^ But people of other faiths always resided in our country. What is big deal with this guy? Now..even more somali non-muslims will return if the country every becomes peaceful.

It's another suprise for me and great dissappointment that some other members find this normal and worse than that they find people like and Sheik as backward outdated and detached from thruth of the world and civilisation.

Emperor....I don't find backward.He is more of bigot. One could be "civilised", and hatefull as well.But what's annoying here is the misplaced priorities as demonstrated by Shiekh. What could the presence of an allaged Jew do to Somalia that has done by Somalis themselves. We are in sad state in our history that's soley the making of our people. Rather than dealing with pressing issues, Shiekh is more concerned the presence of lonely Jew.

Emperor   

^^That may be a good point, over emphassising of the issue as a big problem, won't do much to solve the problem,hewever, also taking it as something normal and which has not introduced any new alien culture to the Somalipeople is another problem.

Cambarro, I disagree my dear people of all faiths have never always settled in Somalia, few foreigners may be the case, but not a Single Somali Jewish or Christian have I come across during my time in Somalia, it's all a new development and introductions that's taking place, and that which one has to find it strange and suprised at the beggining.

Hayaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I'm uncivilized, uneducated, a bigot, but at least I'm trying to be so "LIBERAL" Somali culture should be consersative. What i cant understand is, aren't you guys surprised to see a jewish person living in Mogadishu.

But this dude isn't somali, Inanku wa yemeni soomali haku sheegins walaalyalow

Emperor......Our culture is not inert matter. It is evolving and is bound to intermingle with alien cultures.Now we could choose to ignore the world around and live in perpetual ignorance, or learn from others and incorprate what's ever good about alien cultures.

P.S I don't know about Somali Jews, but there are and were definately Somali Christians.

Fabregas   

The Jewish religion outdates Islam in Somalia, although it probably had a few followers.......Anway i think this story is bull in the first place........And we have bigger problems...........

Emperor   

Che-Guevara, I think we are heading in the same direction but just a little misunderstanding..

What I said was and Is, by either evolution or revolutions of culture is something new and to be expected, however, my point is, this is all new and never have been there before few years back, and for that reason I believe someone will have the right to be suprised, dissappointed or even protest or at some point dedicate topic to it at the begging or first encouter. It all depends on experience and how communities get diluted with other communities.

STOIC   

It is great that the individual in him did not dissolve with the war and suffering that surrounds him.A place where bravery is equated with belicosity For him to come out of the closet through the anonymous blogging is really a good way to vent his frustration or even perhaps gain some few sympathy from his ilamaa atheero yaalkiisa .What is it that has rendered us unwilling to rouse to respect others faith? I think it is outright Stuupidity to judge the kids faith.

PS: Shalom, If he get to read SOL from his Mogadishu Bunker.Wish you a foot-stomping reunion with your Jewish folks

this is all new and never have been there before few years back, and for that reason I believe someone will have the right to be suprised, dissappointed or even protest or at some point dedicate topic

Agreed! I guess Iam used to seeing Maryooley intermingle and married to all sorts of people.

Emperor   

Che-G,Since when if I may ask my friend? The closest people that we have are the Muslim Arabs and have untill sometime during the 80's being recisted against, only after the 80's did we see some Arabs especially Saudis and Yemins coming to Somalia and getting married to Somali girs, which was strange and scary at some point and never got popular afterwards. If you look back at the Somali Riwaayado made in the 80's you will see such stories presented in a typical Somali way, when the father of the girl asks, "oo yaa qaan carabkaan" and "ma lacag buu haystaa", and being answered haa, and later on says "Siiyay" just for the opportunity.

Laakiin marka hore odaga dhib aa looga dhaadhicinaayaa

Emperor   

Serenity, you are not adding anything to the topic apart from being vulgar and rude, why don't you just share as to why you think this is stupic threat.