Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Iran: Consequences of War

Baashi   

For crying out loud don't cry please. Laugh.

Awoowe there is no morality, mercy, or what have you in the race for hegemonic dominance. American tax payers spend trillions of dollars to bloster nations military capabilities. They spend all these resources and talent on their armed forces for a reason. Iran, on the other hand, wants to have a deterrence so it can keep what it calls the "Great Satan" at bay. If Iran succeeds to get its way, it will have a say in the oil rich region as well as the Palestenian question. The thing is US's might will be ineffective in a region that is very important to its "national security".

The stakes are high sxb. A brave new world order is emerging where China, Brazil, and India are the new kids of the block. Iran doesn't have the economic engine and the know-how that guaranteed the newcomers to join the club but it will at least have a deterrence if it succeeds to have the A-bomb.

Again this reminds me my favorite qoute. A qoute I got from reading William James essay titled "The moral equivalentn of war". It goes like this and I'm paraphrasing it...the qoute should be read in the context of Peloponisian (spelling not correct I'm sure) war where ambitious and strong Athenians ask the weak Meleans(spelling again) to submit to then the new world order Athenian had in mind. Like you Castro Mileons cried but why?

Athenians replied because "...strong exact what they can and weak grant what they must" Meleans then said but that's unfair in the eyes of Almighty God. Athenians nail it down to the knitty gritty of human nature and lectured the Meleans "of the gods we believe and of men we know that, by a law of their nature, wherever they can rule they will. This law was not made by us, and we are not the first to have acted upon it; we did but inherit it, and we know that you and all mankind, if you were as strong as we are, would do as we do. So much for the gods; we have told you why we expect to stand as high in their good opinion as you."

Awoowe warku nuxurkiisu waa "might makes right".

Castro   

^ Awoowe these feelings of helplessness are a recipe for disillusionment. A terrible state to be in. To understand and recognize the status quo for what it really is brings me no solace.