Sign in to follow this  
Silver

Stepmothers

Kuusha, waxaas maa 'eedo' la dhahaa. Sheeko. And, by the way, does he call you 'eedo' when he visits? :D

Aaliya, qalanjo waxaa la dhahaa female elephant. Some also say it is a female cow's name.

Nonetheless, magac wuu yahay and whence or how it originated from, I don't know. Perhaps Soomaalidii hore found she-elephants to be exotic, I guess.

Aaliyyah   

Kool kat, I see your point sis. And, you are right to some extent. But, if you married someone there must have been something that brought you two together to start with, and the fact that one has kids even makes that marriage even more precious. I don't see why if both people are religious and god fearing to be unhappy or unloving? why can't they build loving family together? i dont see why not..or maybe i just have my own fairytale thing. Allah knows best.

MMA, lol when people call me qalanjo am usually flattered...I will no longer allow that nickname to be used...female elephant did you say...akh!!

^Calaf alaa keenay, he has one child...And no it didn't bother me...How can I be bothered by Ilaahay owlaad uu aduunka keenay?

I will not feel secure. I don't know like am always gonna feel am not the only precious wife he has.I will always feel like am competing with someone honestly..I want to be his first wife, and my kids to be his first and only kids lol...am not sharing person by nature..what can i say.

Mashallah though you are very nice person. Ilaahay haku siyadiyo.

salaam

Kool_Kat   

I love your way of thinking Aaliyah, aad baad u niyad fiican tahay...Many religious, god fearing people baa everyday is fura...At the end of the day they are humans just like anyone else...I hope your fairytale becomes your reality...So far marriage has been good to me, I am not complaining, alxamdulilaah...But divorce is also a part of life...

MMA, eedo macaan wilibo uu iigu wacaa...Bless his little heart...

will not feel secure. I don't know like am always gonna feel am not the only precious wife he has.I will always feel like am competing with someone honestly..I want to be his first wife, and my kids to be his first and only kids lol...am not sharing person by nature..what can i say.

It is all about self-confidence...Oh god, sidaadoo kalaan u fikirijiray...I remember I used to say 'nin horey usoo maray the experience of fatherhood maxaan isku sheegeynaa, inaan everything isla bilaawno waaye kaan guursanaayo'...Like I said, it is all about calaf...Wax kaloo jaceel layiraahdana wuu jiraa...Once the damn thing called 'love' uu ku taabto, you're gone Aaliyaay...Ama shan horey ha usoo dhalo, ama labo horay ha usoo furo, ama dhul laseexo, jaceel waa balaayo...Balaayo fiican for me so far... :D

Aaliyyah   

you are definitely right sis religious people are human beings also and they make mistakes.

Alhmadulilaah its good to know you're happily married. Ilaahy haku siyadiyo!!

lol@ balayo fiican...I love your somali by the way. Your choice of words always amuse me. ;)

Kool_Kat   

Damn girl you're too fast...I keep having to edit my posts, and by the time I repost again, boom wax kalaad qortay...Amiin sis, thnx...

when people call me qalanjo am usually flattered...I will no longer allow that nickname to be used...female elephant did you say...akh!!

I see that wali ma maqlin qof lagu dhahaayo, "Waa wareey, qoftaan faras waaye."

Dad ayaa gabdhaha saas ku shukaansado, yacni dhaho, 'Abaayo faras aa tahay ka waran.'

Kuusha, eedo hee? Maxaa tirina, eedo macaan? Qareertii maala waaye. :D

Aaliyyah   

Kool kat lol are you having hard time keeping up with me...I guess I have too much energy to waste hehehe....my apology. I don't think though I got anything more to say so no worries..you can relax now smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

Faras is better looking than lo' or maroodi, GOSH...I'll take 'farasaa u egtahay' anyday, than 'abaayo maroodi/lo aa u egtahay'...Calyo hadaananba ka horgeyn baa qeyr la leeayahy...

Actually, of all animals that lived duurka Soomaaliya, maroodiga iyo geriga [giraffes] kamid ahaa kuwa loogu jeclaa. A bit exotic ahayeen, to us ciyaalkeena magaalooyinka ku koray ka wadaa.

Ar Kuusha and Aaliya, speaking of stepfathers and stepmothers, ninkaan hoos ku qoran qoraalkiisa talo u baahan ee maxaa kula talin lahaydeen?

Xaaskeyga gabar ay horey nin kale ugu dhashay ayaa i tiraahda: "Ninkaan ma arki kari, waa nacay, hooyadeyna in uu qabo ma rabi”

Walaal waan idin salaamay, waxaan idinku salaamay salaanta Islaamka.

Anigu waxan ahay nin Soomaliyeed 30 jir ah, kuna nool dalka Iswiidhan -- aniga iyo caruurteyda iyo waliba xaaskeyga aan aadka u jeclahay.

Waxaa i heysta dhib, kaas oo ah xaaska aan guursaday ayaa lahayd ilmo hore oo ah gabadh 15 jir ah, taas oo nala nool anaga, markasta waan isku dhacna, oo way i caysaa, wax kasta oo aan u dulqaato hadda waan u adkaysan waayey, xita aniga iyo hooyadeed ayeey isku dhacna dhibka ay nagu hayso awgiis. Caruurta yaryar ee an dhalay qaati ayan ka taganahay aniga iyo hooyodeedba .

Waqtiga ay naga guuri lahaydna ma dhawa, waayo wax kasta waa lagala quustay xitaa hooyadeed mar ayaan damcaa inaan iskaga tago, hadana mana rabo in aan xaaskeyga u waayo gabar yar awgeed.

Xaaskaygu waxay leedahay, “ Waxyar ayaa u haray markay guuri lahayd gabadhu.” Waxyaalo aanan u dulqaadan karin ayay ku dhaqantaa, xita caruurta yar yar si xun ayay ula dhaqantaa, markii la waydiiyana waxay leedahay ninka ma arki karo, waayo hooyaday in uu qabo ma doonayo, intaas ayaan ku nacay.

[
- edited for brevity and for clarifications.]

Aaliyyah   

wow this is really hard issue. I know 15 years old girl can and should act mature and responsible. But, for all we know she feels left out and unloved you never know and maybe she's acting just rebellious to get attention. I would say he needs to put up with her and show her that he loves her as much as he loves his other kids. What if she was his real daughter? would he have said "uma dul qaadan karo" rather he would find a way to accommodate her bt due to the fact the she isn't his real daughter he's actually kinda distancing himself from her. He needs to talk to her one on one and show her that she's like a daughter to him, and of course he needs to understand she's 15 and not 5 and needs some personal space at the same time. And, also he needs to understand how hard it is for 15 years old to lose her father and the family she known ( even say there was no father it was just her and her mom). Still its hard to share her mother with some guy. Apparently, it will take time bt she will come around.

I hope everything works out...

salaam

Good waano ku bixisay there, sister.

Laakiinse it is not always as easy, straight-forward and simple as it seems. Dulqaad is thin, and can ran out if dhibka bato.

Faras is better looking than lo' or maroodi, GOSH...I'll take 'farasaa u egtahay' anyday, than 'abaayo maroodi/lo aa u egtahay'...Calyo hadaananba ka horgeyn baa qeyr la leeayahy...

Haye, dameeraa tahay waligaa ma laguugu dhahay. :D Faras iyo dameer waxba isma dhaamaanee. Maya, maya dameerfaloow dheh. :D

Kool_Kat   

^Your buddy in your feature story has no business marrying a woman who's 8yrs older than him, waa kow...Calaf wuu jiraa, laakiin where was he all this time when cunug uu ilaa ey 7 sano eyjirtay uu wax kasoo koriyay intee saan noqoneyso? waa labo...Anaguna hadaan Soomaali nahay waqtiga aan guriga kaguurno wax la dhihi karo 'wuu soo dhowyahay' ma'aha, saa dhaqankeenaa ah gabadha iney gurigooda daganaato ilaa la guursado, waa sadax...Tan afaraadna, every story has two sides, haduu stepfather fiican yahay, eyna fiicnaantiisa daacad ka tahay, I don't think waxaan iney dhab noqon karto, unless of course the girl is just pure evil...

As for someone saying 'dameeraa tahay', walee wexey noqon leheed maalinkii aduuna ugu dambeyn leheed, aaqirana ugu horeyn leheed...May be a bit extreme, but I would've made sure markuu dameer maqlo inuu ka matago...Now, dameerfaroow waa ka wada hadli karnaa... :D

Buuxo   

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@KK.your posts always make me laugh hard,my tummy hurts.good advice tho. And about topic i don't recall ,something about step-mothers/fathers. I wouldn't put my kids through that.

LOL@MMA, faras atahey miya la'isku amaana,cagiib.

nuune   

^^^ I know for sure in la isku amaano "geenyo aa tahay" or "bureeqo aa tahay" remmeber magaca bureeqo sidey ula baxaan gabdhaheena, and "gibirimanayo aa tahay"

gabar aan bari ku dhahay abaayo gibirimaanyo aa u egtahay, wey iga weyneyd dat was ages ago, then she said, waryaa ma anaa malaay iga dhigtey maanta, markaas aan gartey inaan baxar ku jiro kadib dhahay malaaygaaba ugu macaan, kadib bey afka qabsatey, baxar kalaan ileen galay :D

Buuxo   

LOOOOOOL@Nuune ,you reminded me my lil bro, being the youngest of bunch girls we taught him well in area of shukaansi.But like you did, khatar uu isku maleeyaa and baxar lee markaste kujira.