Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

For those who returned to gurigii hooyo

Ibtisam   

You are talking out of your own observations and perceptions. Could it be possible that when you're in the West you mix with religious people (for obvious reasons) and that when you're home you mix with ALL sorts of people?

No I don't mix with religious people in the west at all, they think they are too good for the likes of me :rolleyes: If they do they always tell me off, redface.gif ~~And I have few really good Muslim friends, the rest are dodgy Muslims, fake Muslims, weak Muslims or many non Muslim. So no your theory is flawed. I mix with ALL sorts here.

NGONGE   

^^^ Still, if you say there aren't that many, does that mean all the ICU mullahs and their supporters were fakes? :D

Ms DD   

What is nigis gaab J? That sounds dodgy.

Ng

I believe that Islamic education is more accessible here than in Somalia.

PS You need to change your pet-hate. It is what most of us live on :D

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ Still, if you say there aren't that many, does that mean all the ICU mullahs and their supporters were fakes?
:D

:D

Why are so many kids here watching whats her name (the Egyptian one who sings) than the numerous Islamic/decent channels and kids in UK are watching Islam Channel?

Ibtisam   

^^Short knickers?? why are you asking him that Ms DD, sounds dodgy.

Ngonge mullah supports just like to follow something, anything!

Originally posted by Xanthus:

Most people pray because everyone is praying or because they can hear the adan or because it is part of their every day life

Xanthus, how can you know that? What an outrageous statement!

Ibtisam   

^^^Keep your hair on dear^^ I was merely pointing out that there is no thought process involved, it is like eating food three times a day because food is placed in front of you! I should change to "the people i met pray because...." but the other that i stand by it!

Ngonge: Don't put words in my mouth please.

-Lily-   

I was merely pointing out that there is no thought process involved, it is like eating food three times a day because food is placed in front of you! I should change to "the people i met pray because...." but the other that i stand by it!

Yes praying can become a habit laakin surely one makes a conscious decision to pray? I find it hard to say that the droves of ppl who go to the mosque all go to impress each other.

EDIT: Perhaps just they act nonchalant about it (unlike some uk ppl I know) doesn’t mean they don’t care!

Originally posted by Xanthus:

I was merely pointing out that there is no thought process involved, it is like eating food three times a day because food is placed in front of you! I should change to "the people i met pray because...." but the other that i stand by it!

What I am asking is, how are you so certain that this is why they pray? That there is no thought process involved? Did they tell you that?

Ibtisam   

^^^lol^^ I did not say impress, the truth is they don't find the fact that someone is praying as impressive at all. With some people i think it has no meaning, one of our security guards use to say waan soo foorfoorsanya, or maadaaxan duulka kuu soo xooqaayah, it was all a big joke. To be honest i was disappointed because they have so much opportunity to make use of Islamicly while we have less (time, effort, availability, money)and they don't or it does not show, Islam is a way of life, and you can see it on people, i did not see it in Somalia

-Lily-   

^^^ Well that's just lack of understanding, many ppl pray without knowing the meaning of what they are saying or doing, not sure if those kind of prayers are accepted, but I'll let someone with more Islamic knowledge answer that.

Ibtisam   

VAl: No i did not ask everyone if they think before they pray, i asked one or two cuz, who were praying incorrectly, and when i tried to correct them, I said miyaad iskaa tuukantaah and they said, daadkuba wii iiska tuukaadan.

Lily; A lot of the people i met had similar or same attitude.