Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

What if?

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Isseh:

PS: The body is just a body - what happens to it once you're dead makes no difference. [/QB]

It makes an important difference, of your body being all cut up and used as a scientific practice or whateva, or your body getting proper treatment and rightfull islamic burial. My friend a convert whom all his family is non-muslim actually carries his will in his pocket, and register with the masjid, just in case since life can be gone in a split second. Death is a reminder to the living as the dead are already gone, the Prophet scw said remember it often as it spoils life and makes u think.

Paragon   

^^The body when dead is useless to you, but it may benefit other humans immensely. I don't see the big deal if used to help others or if it becomes a hearty meal for a hungry canivore smile.gif .

PS: I am not a card carrying organ donor yet 'cos I can't be bothered with the form filling.

Khalaf   

^^That's opening a whole can of worms which i am not inclined to do. i understand your point of view, but in my view the dead body is not usless, and as shown from the sunnah of nabi scw it makes a great deal of difference and carries an important signficance on how the body is treated from the moment of death till burial. But as ive said its a whole another debate.

Cara.   

Everyone dies alone.

But don't let someone go home alone after a head injury, especially if they were hospitalized for it. Make a nuisance of yourself and insist on sleeping over. Be a real pain and wake them up every couple of hours. If they get mad and throw things at you, check to see how well they are aiming smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

Isseh, stop pulling Khalaf's leg :D

One should hope and do his best to try and dignify his (and anyone else's) last days with a buriel within the time before losing his 'soul' (it is said it's 48 hours after you go).

Chimera   

As a kid i used to have this inner feeling i would die before the age of 20 but i don't anymore..cause i'm 21 muahaha

but seriously if i could choose a death scenerio - it would be dying in the company of family,friends,wife(wives? lol) or children

about the loneliness factor..even when am i alone it's still crowded up in here nawmean nawmean

Originally posted by Dahia al Kahina:

They just assumed she is within her episodes,mood swings as she was someone battling the western disease of "depression".

I'm sure this is the most short-sighted comment I've read in a while.