Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Outrage as Lloyds TSB Demand IBB to close Interpal’s Bank Accounts

Ibtisam   

This thread is dedicated to Ngonge. :D I quoted MCB's letter for you.

It’s really not enough that Palestinians are murdered with impunity; have their houses demolished; their lands stolen; drinking water poisoned and forced to endure endless humiliation and degradation. The thought that a charity, Interpal, could be established to solely serve their humanitarian, medical and educational needs and dare to give these people hope and a means to survive is an outrage to their occupiers and their immoral supporters.

The answer? A sustained and systematic malicious campaign by the Zionists to close down Interpal, by any means possible.

The campaign stalled, they could not get the Charities Commission to close Interpal down so they tried another tact….the banking system. They succeeded, despite MPACUK's efforts in getting the cowardly RBS to force Interpal to rebank in 2006 and this caused much hardship to Interpal and distracted it from the vital work it does for the Palestinians. Interpal rebanked with Islamic Bank of Britain, (IBB).

Now Muslims might feel they are protected if banking with an Islamic Bank….not so my friends. IBB’s customer's transactions are cleared via Lloyds TSB. Lloyds TSB have shown how much they value their Muslim customers by demanding that IBB terminate Interpal’s banking facilities by 8th December 2008. After this time:

“all transactions into or out of Interpal accounts will be blocked and Islamic Bank of Britian will be at further risk of all its customer payments being suspended”.

Note how there is no reason for the closure of the bank stated here.

Call Lloyds TSB to ask them to rescind this outrageous, unfair and arbitrary decision.

Lloyds TSB Press Office

Tel: 0207 3562493

Islamic Bank of Britain plc,

Tel: 0121 452 7330 / 0845 6060786

Or write to them, If you don't have time use this template below:

b]Register your complaint to:[/b]

Competition Commission:

Website http: //www.competition-commission.org.uk/

Switchboard: 020 7271 0100

E-mail: info@cc.gsi.gov.uk

MCB's Letter

"Sir

Your decision to serve notice on the Islamic Bank of Britain to cease all dealings with the International Relief and Development Fund (Interpal) is causing the MCB and the Muslim community tremendous concern and anxiety.

Interpal is a well-respected charity and an affiliate of the MCB providing shelter, food, medicine and education for tens of thousands of deprived Palestinians. It is a British charity and operates in accordance with English Law under the supervision of the Charity Commission. Aid is given to beneficiaries purely on the basis of need, not political or religious affiliation. We are all aware of past and present campaigns to vilify and undermine Interpal. Two investigations by the Charities Commission, in 1996 and 2003, have rejected the very serious allegations brought against it. We had hoped that all such accusations would be buried and laid to rest once and for all.

We deplore the pressure that has been placed on IBB to close down the Interpal account.

We note that Lloyds TSB with its high street presence has a significant number of Muslim account holders, and that it has also been reaching out for business for its shariah compliant current account. If banking services to Interpal are not reinstated, then this will inevitably influence the actions of its existing and future customer base."

MPAC's letter

I am outraged at the news that Interpal, the UK based Charity supporting the oppressed people of Palestine has been targeted by Lloyds TSB, which is refusing to clear all Interpal funds with the Islamic Bank of Britain(IBB) and pressuring IBB to terminate Interpal’s banking facilities by 8th December 2008.

I am also shocked that a well-known bank, such as yourselves would not even await the findings of the current Charity Commission investigation into Interpal which is due shortly.

I demand that, Lloyds TSB take into consideration our values and provide a reason for these actions, and withdraw threats made to the charity.

I look forward to your response.

i bank with Lloyds TSB - and i will be writing to them - should this story be accurate - on monday morning - should they continue with this action - i will be withdrawing from their services.

Ibtisam   

For current news check MPACUK and MCB and the bbc link. However it is a long going issue, dating as far back as 2003 and 2006, as shown by the BBC links below.

http://www.charityfinance.co.uk/home/content.php?i d=512&pg=15&cat=30

and

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4614472.stm

and

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3135392.stm

Also MPACUK and MCB. As I said it is a long going campaign.

NGONGE   

^^ And as if by magic :D

Edit:

Nothing to argue about here. Sounds like a fair protest, busybody.

ps

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^^*Shock* Horror, Ngonge is not writting pages about how pointless it all is. :eek: Ngonge dumaashi are you OK?? How do you feel?? Are you catching the flu from the family now??

Here let me cheer you up :Dhttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v5KmIXZM-V8&eurl=htt p://www.**********.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=31 919

Yad yad ya about clock iyo waaxan loo joogin icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

^^ Have I not always told you to choose your battles, dear? The protest here is fair, needed and necessary. If the charity's account is closed lots of poor people are going to suffer. Immediate action is key. This is not in anyway like the pointless boycott of M&S that I told you off about it (and still do). The results here (if ever there are any) are more tangible and practical.

Ps

No idea why that silly you tube video would cheer me up. Are you saying I'm sexist?

This is bad news for all muslims and particularly our palestinian brothers/sisters who depend great deal on the good work of Interpal charity.

This is just part of concerted effort on the part of US to punish the Palestinian people for excercising their "democratic" right to elect Hamas, after all, this is not the first time a British bank has refused to deal with the good charity. Natwest Bank has in the past ceased its dealing with Interpal citing pressure from the US legal system.

This whole things stems from allegations made by the US treasury back in 2003 when it accused many charities including Interpal of so called "terrorist" links, despite being cleared by the UK charity commision (statutory body in charge in regulating the work of charities), it seems this this time a fight of different kind is being used i.e direct pressure on financial institutions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3135392.stm

N.O.R.F   

Ibtisam, Ngonge wax ha ka maqlin. Keep us informed on all things 'Islamically slanted' (for want of a better term).

ps IBB offered me a job when I applied for an account!

Ibtisam   

For those of you who bank with them, here is short letter for you to eidt to your style.

Eric Daniels

Chief Executive

Lloyds TSB Bank plc

25 Gresham Street

London

EC2V 7HN

Date: 14th November, 2008

Dear Mr Daniels,

It is under unfortunate and distressing circumstances that I am writing this letter to you. I have learnt that Lloyds TSB Bank, with whom I have had a banking relationship with for over 7 years, is applying undue pressure on the Islamic Bank of Britain to cease all trading with Interpal (UK Registered Charity 1040094) by 10th December, 2008.

I am appalled by this action as Interpal is involved in providing basic humanitarian relief to the Palestinian people and it concerns me deeply that Lloyds TSB, one of Britain’s most trusted brands, is taking such action against this Charity.

The method in which this is being done is particularly disturbing as the Islamic Bank of Britain has been told that it risks the suspension of its other customer payments if it does not comply with the 10th December deadline.

Lloyds TSB is Islamic Bank of Britain’s clearing bank and I feel that this action is practically holding them to ransom.

As a person of Muslim faith I also view this threat against Britain’s only standalone Islamic Bank as an act of contempt against the British Muslim community and I never thought that a Bank like Lloyds TSB would resort to such action.

I am aware that perhaps this decision was made without your knowledge therefore I felt it necessary to raise my concerns with you. I hope that you take the necessary steps to reverse this most erroneous of decisions and help re-assure British Muslims that Lloyds TSB is not unfairly targeting Muslim institutions.

If the decision remains then I am afraid that I will no longer be able to bank with Lloyds TSB. I look forward to your response.

Yours sincerely

If you do not bank with them, then send one like this.

Eric Daniels

Chief Executive

Lloyds TSB Bank plc

25 Gresham Street

London

EC2V 7HN

Date: 17th November, 2008

Dear Mr Daniels,

It is of great sorrow and in worrying circumstances that I write to you today. The issue that has caused these feelings within me is the conduct of Lloyds TSB Bank in relation to the Interpal case.

Interpal (UK Registered Charity 1040094) is the UK’s main charity that supports the oppressed people of Palestine, providing humanitarian aid, medical supplies and educational help.

I am utterly shocked and outraged to hear the news that Lloyds TSB has pressurised the Islamic Bank of Britain (IBB) to close Interpal’s account. The effects of this decision will severely jeopardise the contribution of vital aid to the needy people in Palestine.

I am also appalled to learn that a well-known bank such as Lloyds TSB would hold the IBB to ransom by threatening the suspension of their other customer payments if the Interpal action was not taken by the 10th of December.

What makes this situation even harder to bear is the startling fact that there was no justifiable reason given by Lloyds TSB for taking such a stance.

I hope that Lloyds TSB take into consideration these views and concerns, by withdrawing the threats made to Interpal via the IBB, and reverse this incorrect decision.

If however this decision is not reversed, at the very least a valid reason should be provided for taking these actions.

I look forward to your response.

Yours sincerely

North, I'm glad you turn them down, they are hopeless most of the time icon_razz.gif

Ngonge :cool: Go and send the letters old man.

Khalid I could not agree more.

LooL@ beating up the chasier, you know if that unfortunate scenario ever happens, you will find yourself on the duc charged with "inciting violence".

Writing a disclaimer at the end of your post will probaby help ....lol :D