Sign in to follow this  
Geel_jire

Abortion..... as an art form ??

As you get older ... very few things genuinely shock you anymore... I read an article today ... that physically made me sick .... WTF :confused:

is there nothing these people are not capable of ??

Art major Aliza Shvarts '08 wants to make a statement.

Beginning next Tuesday, Shvarts will be displaying her senior art project, a documentation of a nine-month process during which she artificially inseminated herself "as often as possible" while periodically taking abortifacient drugs to induce miscarriages.Her exhibition will feature video recordings of these forced miscarriages as well as preserved collections of the blood from the process.

source:Yale daily news

Miriam1   

this is so exteremly unethical.

when you argue for abortion as a woman's right to have control of her own life and body at a crucial moment of their lives is something else.

but murder for art?

thats simply effedup!

Originally posted by Hayam:

this is so exteremly unethical.

when you argue for abortion as a woman's right to have control of her own life and body at a crucial moment of their lives is something else.

What is 'women's rights' about killing an innocent child, whose no fault of her/his own to come to this world? And what about the child's rights? Does s/he not have any right to life, a right to get born, live at least the life his conceiver wants to live?

Nothing "something else" can justify about abortion: Abortion is an abortion, aborting a life as though it was some robot or computer program.

And what is even more ironic is that, in this society, once a person is born, that person has a right to necessity of life, a right to be provided by their caretakers. Same with mentally challenged people, elders, handicapped, et cetera. The caretakers who neglect it will be charged criminally.

winnie   

^^^ i thought in islam, life is after the angel blows the soul into the blood clot, around 3-4 after conception? within that period it isnt a life, but has the potential of becoming one. obviously as muslim's we should have respect for that potential, but on the other hand its not a life. so it isnt criminal. sometimes, abortion is necessary, such as when a womans life is in danger. the mothers life takes obvious precedence over the potential life and many (if not all) scholars hold to that point.

other times, such as a case of rape or incest, i personally see it as valid option, seeing as its not a life just yet and can cause significant trauma to the wouldbe mother (obviously each case is different). after 4 months, its a life, and i believe you will be accountable for whatever you do for/against it.

anyways, this art project is a sign of the times. people have too much liberties, and are always looking for ways to shock people.

^ :D composed maybe ??

first of all good to know this is a hoax thnx to the sister for posting the link .... but to even come up with this idea the women is perverted beyond reason.

what had me disgusted was

- she impregnated herself as many times as possible and waited until the 9th month to abort it (this should have been the give away ... how many 9 month pregnancies can you fit into a final year project )

- she took medication to help her miscarry and taped the miscarriage on video .. and later preserved the blood also in the name of the project. and did it all over again in the name of art !

Miriam1   

a hoax? that teaches me to think twice before posting, no sane person would do that to themselves.

Performance art...!

MMA, as a Muslim I am naturally against abortion. But the society in which I choose to live in, is far from ideal, where a persons understanding of their sexuality or gender is not bound by religious edict, but societal norms that can be transgressed. So,I don't blame them for fighting for the right to have abortions. And within this societal framework, I understand it.

Understanding does not equate to acceptance.

So, sister, you also "understand" the murderer who murders a person? Do you try to be objective and "understandable" of where he is coming from?

Every action, particularly negative ones, has or can be attributed to any poor excuses. The murderer has a reason why he killed the person, even those in manslaughter. His flimsy excuse can range from the killed person was not the intended target to should not have been there in the first place -- you name it.

No need to contextualize or even try to understand. Abortion is abortion, and should've to be considered as despicable as a murder, after all it is soul, which has a divine right to live in a full life, what is been killed or "aborted." Always have that in mind.