Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Deadbeat Dads (American Style)

Naden   

My bad, now I get it. My brain a little fuzzy today :D .

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Glad I could amuse you Naden. But fornication and adultry (the so called freedoms) is what I'm talking about.
:D

Naden   

Not at all. I mistakenly thought you meant 'sexual freedom within a marriage was haram'. Thought I would have a chance to throw a joke or two about sex in a marriage. Wasn't even thinking about adultery.

^ Doth thou mocketh me woman? :rolleyes:

Castro   

Originally posted by naden:

Not at all. I mistakenly thought you meant 'sexual freedom within a marriage was haram'.

That is what I meant. You were mocking me. :mad:

Naden   

:D:D:D:D:D:D Not at all. I'm confused now but damn, I'm falling off my chair laughing. I was thinking of sexual freedom=deviance within a marriage and not even considering adultery. My mind needs some chlorox and some Tide.

quote:Originally posted by naden:

Not at all. I mistakenly thought you meant 'sexual freedom within a marriage was haram'.

That
is what I meant. You were mocking me. :mad:

ElPunto   

Originally posted by naden:

We all know that not every woman in a sexual relationship wants to become a mother, why can't the same consideration be extended to a man?

Generally, the same consideration is extended to the men. However, in a sexual relationship things happen whether unexpectedly, accidentally, seemingly impossibly(as in this case). At that point you have to step up regardless of your wants or desires to not be a parent. This woman didn't get this result by herself. That said - if it is proved she engaged in willful deception of some sort - then the support should be less than the normal.

J.Lee   

My views on abortion would give many Muslims an apoplexy and I have no wish to open that can of worm. As far as I'm concerned, it's your body, it's your uterus do with it what you wish: tii Alle baa kuu hartay.

Naden: But isn't that a big what "IF?" mida kale: Roe vs Wade is slowly but surely being overturned independently mind you, of cases like these. And as far considerations go: where is yours for the fatherless child who is to grow-up in a low income single-mother household? Where is your concern for the "constitutional" right of the child who unlike the parent is unable to support him/herself?

Besides, the "support" isn't for the mother but rather the child he fathered (unintended or not, he is partially responsible) as it goes directly to Social Health which then decide in the fashion and ration it's spend; the mother doesn't benefit from such an arrangement and in this day and age $500 (6,000. /yearly) isn't enough to even pay rent for a 1 bedroom apartment with .5 a bathroom.

Furthermore, if this case sees light of day and it is amended or becomes law, think of the many other irresponsible men who will use this argument or case to get out of paying child support. If one man's right is trumped and molested so that the right of many children wouldn't be then I'm a happy camper for the benefit far outweighs the cost.

Naden   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

That said - if it is proved she engaged in willful deception of some sort - then the support should be less than the normal. [/QB]

I think child support laws don't discriminate between the circumstances of conception (not 100% sure) so the amount will be probably be preset.

At that point you have to step up regardless of your wants or desires to not be a parent.

I agree that a parent should step up no matter what. However, outside of the institution of marriage, there could be ugly accusations of 'she-said-she-was-on-the-pill and he-said-he-had-a-vasectomy'. Societies have made the support of children attractive to men through a myriad of ways: carrying his name, belonging to his tribe, inheriting his wealth and so on. In the absence of these enticements/pressures, the law is probably the only recourse. I do understand how he can see it as deceptive if she has indeed lied about the ability to get pregnant.

Naden   

Good man. Most men don't need it but it seems investment in the next generation is not always self-driven and societies apply a little pressure.

^ I've not be "enticed" into supporting my kids. I'm doing it out of my own
free will