Sign in to follow this  
lol

Serious Need of Etiquettes!

lol   

Seriously folks, Walahi Somalis do need some civilzation. Imagine this.

I went to African Day Celebration held in Abu Dhabi last night. It was an event organized by all the African embassies. Just another way of showing off our rich cultures. Anyways it said on the card, u either wear formal attires or your traditional clothes?

Our so called vice-Ambassador ( I don't know wat they call him, but he is next to the ambassador) was wearing, a green jacket, black plants, blue shirt and a red tie? Just tell me how in the world would someone who is supposed to be diplomatic and representitive dress like dat?

What is more....Islaamo ( Old women) came around 12 midnight with Jalaabiib ( The top part of either brown or blue and a printed Baati at the buttom)..Why would u come to even at that hr when its about ending... the even started at 8 pm.

Our boys were wearing jeans, and our sisters were well dressed actually...Some of them were wearing dirac and other were wearing evening gowns.. which was quite appropriate.

Even it turned out that some old men were really dressed nice.. with their matching suits...

but the worst part was.. the tooth picks... common people... U either cover ur mouth when u r picking ur molars or u just don't open ur lips...Gosh...it was so embassaring.

What was more, the dinner was buffet, Somalis were the only people cutting the queue...

I accidently met with couple of somali sisters whom i didn't know at the desserts table ( U always find me there :D ).. I smiled at them ( blame it on america, they thought us to smile at everyone just to be courteous) and guess what happened to me? YUP u guessed it right... They just reciprocated my sweet gesture with an attitude... "Huruufitaan".. I was like wat did I do to deserve dat? But then I ignored them...

Folks plzz.. if u r better than ur relative in ways of society plzz educate them.... walaahi... we seriously need some reform in dat department.

lol   

Kaleido: LOL... What is with all the animosity sista? We couldn't agree on a topic so wat.. get over it girl :D ......Well.. we don't live at home any more...so if we can't leave them it won't harm if we just try to adapt to their ways... won't u say? I am sure walaahi u do more than I do.. When something about my people embarrases me I share ... if u r not bothered.. I would say u r just plainly selfish! Coz u dont want ur ppl to look nice to behave in civilized manner... I am proud when I see someone representing my country and stands out beautifully dressed and behaves well.. I smile.. coz it brings pride...waxa xun waa la sheegaaa :D

Bess.   

hibo....I get ya gurl....its quite sad the state Somali are in...and the worst is the attitude that comes with it....they are never willing to learn, they are so stubborn and they will stick with their ways, even if they are wrong, and if u presume to tell them otherwise...may God help u .... :rolleyes:

ps... I hate those Somali chickas that are forever in funks....they think that they are better than everyone else....well....u know what they say about frowning....they are going to end up with wrinkles...by the age of 25...hibo dear, continue smiling and don't let those witches lead u into early wrinkling.... :D

Originally posted by Hibo:

vice-Ambassador..... ( I don't know wat they call him, ....

....the worst part was.. the tooth picks... common people... U either cover ur mouth when u r picking ur molars or u just don't open ur lips......

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ....

Qac Qaac   

idinka haddii power la idin sii lahaa, culture ka soomalinimada dhan waa badali laheedeen aan umaleen.. into what ever country u guys are in... everything looks good to u guys, except urs, ur own ppl things, and culture.. marax iga dheh..

ADNAAN   

Originally posted by Hibo:

What was more, the dinner was buffet, Somalis were the only people cutting the queue...

You can't blame somalis for that, actually why wait when you can always take shortcuts (it has to be done smoothly though).It was just yesterday when i was cutting red traffic lights using a rushing ambulance as an excuse.

Anyways its irritating the way some behave and my self, I used to hate the way we behave especially the loudness bit, but then its true when they say if you can't beat them join them. smile.gif

lol   

Qac: Horta hadii aad macawis gashato qof ku heysato ma leh.....laakiinse marka aad xirato dhar qof kale lee yahay yaaqeey maamuus loo xirto aa jirno nooh.....hana ceebeenin de... Cuntadana.....si aa u cuntaan.....gacantaada ku cun car aan kaa hadalno....laakiinse mindi aa qaadanee... tooreey oo kale aa u isticmaalee......fildaro waaye.....marka its not about us wanting to change u ... but it u wanting to change to someone u can't do... Capische?

Plus I love guys who wear macawis and they nice shirt, with cimaamad and a nice cadar..........its gr8 walaahi I miss dat.......where are they???

Adnaan: Traficc and international event is not the same macaan....Especially given that the rest of the people came to see Africans... including somalis.... Anyways over all it was not tooooooooo bad... but it was bad enough to get it posted here...

Qac Qaac   

Hibo, abaydiis gaas gaal gaalka iska dhigaayay weeba ku fiicantahay in ee saas ku dhacday, maxaa tiri mintida tooreey camal uu isticmaalay aa lool..

let me guess hee mintida was on the right side, and the fork and spoons where on the left, drinks are on right.. am i right... doesn't matter if u eat with ur left hand, coz is not the ettiquets to eat or to put the spoons or the fork on the right side.. am not saying u would do that..Hibo, marka ha igu xanaaqin, i am just proving some marax point nooh.

Abaayo I still eat my moms bariis and baasto with my hands and I love it smile.gif It should never be a bad thing.....especially if thier is meat involved ;a fork or knife aint gonna cut it sis, unless you want to see world war 1 all over again you gotta let a brother use his hands

SoMa_InC   

Seriously folks, Walahi Somalis do need some civilzation. Imagine this.

Its is certainly unimaginable and beyond belief- how can a whole community (nearly 10million) need civilization? What is civilization by your own terms?

Our so called vice-Ambassador ( I don't know wat they call him, but he is next to the ambassador) was wearing, a green jacket, black plants, blue shirt and a red tie? Just tell me how in the world would someone who is supposed to be diplomatic and representitive dress like dat?

Do you have to expose the brother like that on the net? Did you converse with him instead of disrespecting him and your whole community in general?

Its really absurd and moreover illogical for not ''educating'' or ''civilizing'' the brother and up in here you are requesting for other peeps to civilize all somalis in general.

Anyways I wonder why some peeps are fond of disrespecting and disregarding their own. Somalis this, Somalis that....Damn...