cadnaan1

Go'aan lagu qasaaray

Sidee bilaa basaboor loogu dhoofaa?

Waa inay basaboor kasoo qaataan buuhoodle ama garoowe hadii snm u diiday jinsiyadoodii

Qof gacan maran oo aan wax aqoonsi ah wadan meeshuu doono ha aado markii horeba khalad bay ahayd.

Marka aad wadanka gudihiisa Ku dhex safrayso passport uma baahnid taasi ayey maamulka Hargeisa diidanaayeen ayaga oo Ku qasbayey dadka u dhoifaya xamar ama ka imaanaya inad haystaan passport.

But it backfired them oo shirkadihii diyaaradaha Garowe ayey u wareegsadeen ganacsigoodi Hargeisana suuq xumo ayaa Ku dhacday.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cadnaan1 said:

Marka aad wadanka gudihiisa Ku dhex safrayso passport uma baahnid taasi ayey maamulka Hargeisa diidanaayeen ayaga oo Ku qasbayey dadka u dhoifaya xamar ama ka imaanaya inad haystaan passport.

But it backfired them oo shirkadihii diyaaradaha Garowe ayey u wareegsadeen ganacsigoodi Hargeisana suuq xumo ayaa Ku dhacday.

I agree that was a terrible policy made by ignorant folks. Personally I am against anything which makes people's lives anymore difficult whatever the reason. Anyway, free movement of people within the Somali territories in the Horn of Africa should be guaranteed without the unnecessary requirement of passports, visas, etc. Somali people can hardly travel outside the Horn of Africa, so it is ridiculous to make travel within their territory another hurdle which consumes, money time, and energy. 

• Like 1

Waa sax,  ticket $120 to Mogadishu weeye , basaboorkuna waa $300 in Hargaisa,  to fly Mogadishu waa $420 from Hargaisa including passport.  so instead of waiting weeks  and getting passport,  they used to take bus to Garowe and fly to Mogadishu with only $150.

Waa classical issue of putting horse BEFORE the cart, waxaan laga fekerin, dhaqaala xumo, rakaabkii oo hoos u dhacay.

Most SL decision  are not based on logic but emotions.

Btw new Somali passport in Garowe is $145.

I was there in late February and flew from Mogadishu to Hargaisa,  it was horrible decision, glad they they came to their senses.

This is a result of a long sessions of marqaamid. Nothing new. When the wretched secessionists realized finally it ain't working and more pressure from Soomaali citizens in Hargeysa, markaas ayee garteen dhabta waxee tahay.

31 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Waa sax,  ticket $120 to Mogadishu weeye , basaboorkuna waa $300 in Hargaisa,  to fly Mogadishu waa $420 from Hargaisa including passport.  so instead of waiting weeks  and getting passport,  they used to take bus to Garowe and fly to Mogadishu with only $150.

Muxuu baasaboorka Hargeysa ugu joogaa sadex boqol doolar?

2 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

This is a result of a long sessions of marqaamid. Nothing new. When the wretched secessionists realized finally it ain't working and more pressure from Soomaali citizens in Hargeysa, markaas ayee garteen dhabta waxee tahay.

They reason for the reversing their decision was based on economic reason the passenger numbers in Hargeisa airport went down drastically 4 airlines moved to Garowe and also Ethiopian airline direct flight to muqdisho also had effect on Hargeisa airport oo transit badan ayey Heli jireen markii hore oo raaci jiray Ethiopian airline.

27 minutes ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Muxuu baasaboorka Hargeysa ugu joogaa sadex boqol doolar?

Bal adba garo, alot of taxation.That is why xujaajta/many citizens opt to go Garowe or Buhoodle, even as.there is Office operating in HARGAISA.

1 hour ago, Tallaabo said:

I agree that was a terrible policy made by ignorant folks. Personally I am against anything which makes people's lives anymore difficult whatever the reason. Anyway, free movement of people within the Somali territories in the Horn of Africa should be guaranteed without the unnecessary requirement of passports, visas, etc. Somali people can hardly travel outside the Horn of Africa, so it is ridiculous to make travel within their territory another hurdle which consumes, money time, and energy. 

I m surprised it took them whole year to see the problem, Garowe airport oo suuq la' aan heysay ayey suuq u yeeleen.

No need for any travel between Somaliland  and Somalia.  Somalia is a terrorist place where isis  operates.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:34 AM, maakhiri1 said:

I was there in late February and flew from Mogadishu to Hargaisa,  it was horrible decision, glad they they came to their senses.

Maakhir1,

I don't mean to hijack this post, but did you in passing tell the immigration officers in Hargeisa's airport that you are - how shall I put this - a two-bit-Anti-Somaliland's paid stooge, who is also in the employment from Villa Somalia in most freaking days?

Were you ever tempted to do that, mate?

For I only ask of you this, since I know for a fact that that if you would have told them that, then, they would have seen to it in their heart-of-heart to somehow "arrange" for you to have being taught-up there in Mandhere prison in Somaliland the "price" men of Somaliland's ilk have paid so far for their "liberty" in which you glibly talk so ill of it about it in here of SOL. Given that by the looks of it, you have no idea what others with balls (unlike you) will do to those who crossed them, or who are against their country.

Hence, next time you get to Hargiesa, please, mate, see to it to get somehow tempted to say such "matter-of-fact" things, namely that you are a paid stooge for Villa Somalia for the anti-Somaliland's purposes, to those immigration officers at the airport. And, perhaps, you will see what happens to you. Particularly whether they will have you let-in into the country. Or even better, whether they will "arrange" for you some sort of a "forced holiday", whereby you will be then cooling your silly heels in prison for a duration of their choosing. 

Think about it, mate.

As for the issue, I am with Xaaji in here. For I believe that it was wrong to "revoke" that policy. It was good strategical policy, even if it was commercially hurting to local businesses who ply their commercial flights and the "trade" of that sort between Mogadishu and Hargeisa.

And it was good policy, which in turn was ensuring, that, this back-and-forth of movement of people, which is akin to the Somali peninsula's version of the "EU's Freedom-of-Movement" (FOM) sort of policy, should be curtailed, at policy level, so long as we in Somaliland are in a "fundamental Sovereignty disagreement" with Somalia.

For it's very important that we "minimize" all the "multi-layered-entanglement" in which we are likely (or officially) can have with Somalia till the issue of Somalia and Somaliland are resolved.

I hope, in-time, that, the government will re-look this policy, with the view of bringing it back that "hard-line version" of it. Given that it was originally "serving" a higher national objective than a mere commercial interests of some of the folks of the travel industry, as well as increasing the level of passengers who were passing through the Hargeisa's airport on their way to Mogadishu or back from it.

Sometimes, it's incumbent to policy formulators to put the commercial interests of some section of your country on the back of the queue in-order to advance a larger strategical interests of your country. It happens all the time. And sooner we do reverse this policy into its original version of it, the better the country will be for it, indeed. At least, in my considered view.   

Anyway, free movement of people within the Somali territories in the Horn of Africa should be guaranteed without the unnecessary requirement of passports, visas, etc

Too much wisdom there. Sadly, many won't understand the importance of what you said. Freedom of movement (as our ancestors did with their camels) is critical for the survival of our language and culture. 

20 hours ago, Holac said:

Freedom of movement (as our ancestors did with their camels) is critical for the survival of our language and culture.

Holac,

It will come when we are legally have no "bogus claim" to each other territories, just like the old days, which was akin to the situation of knowing that you could actually "travel" far away from your ancestral territories with your grazing camels, but still you always knew - at the back of your mind - that you were a "guest" who was passing through other's territories. And therefore you had no legal claim onto their territories. None whatsoever at all.

And we just have to update that old "social settlement" into today's version of a "legalistic template". Which will mean, Somaliland will have the right to determine who has the right of abode in her country. And on what ground and on what terms they could do so. Whilst on the other hand, others such as Somalia, should also have right to do that sort of a similar thing of "legally defining" of those who have a right to their country of Somalia. 

In other words, when we are out of each other's jurisdiction and we are each entitled to our respective "self-determination" and the political destiny that goes with that, then the Somalis will be able to live and work in wherever each of them wants to do it. But not before we know of where we stand with each other, legally.

Hence, as I said it, so long as Somaliland and Somalia have a legal unresolved issue, it's best to keep it at minimum all other "complicating" issues, such as free and endless movement of people between the two sides, at least officially.

Of course no one can stop anyone to be going to Somaliland from Somalia or vice-versa. But, officially, the airports must perform their immigration duties and the legal purposes for all arrival at our airports, and ask valid documents of the sort this reversed policy used to implement it previously.

And I hope that somehow that "old policy" will be re-instituted soon. For it was monumental mistake to have revoked it in the first place.

Particularly, I hope that a review of this current "revocation" will be done in time just to see any "deleterious effect" in which the lifting of that sort of policy will have had by the time the review is done. Given that policy that was just "revoked" had actually and originally intended to serve a larger "national purpose". No matter whether you agree with that policy and the purpose it was serving it, or not. 

• Like 1