Sign in to follow this  
Abdulladiif Al-Fiqih

Mineapolis Stop On Red Cameras Locations!!

shyhem   

Thanks for the information brother. I just payed $254 on tickects,mostly on minor things like safety belt violation and unreasonable acceleration,i have no idea what the hell the latter means but i don't give a damn i as long it doesn't affect my record.

Haddad   

Originally posted by SomericaN:

I just payed $254 on tickects

I don't simply pay like that; I contest all tickets I get. Just pay attention to the information written on the ticket. There's a +60% chance at least one information (time of violation, car make, year of expiration, personal infos and etc) is inconsistent. Going to the hearing, there's a +50% chance the officer will not show up; which will lead to an easy dismissal. Plus, you don't need a lawyer for that; just upto an hour (mostly under 30ms) of your time. For parking & camera tickets, don't go to the court where most people go (downtown); go to others. I have beaten 90% of the tickets I got (including moving violations, parking near a fire hydrant).

shyhem   

Haddad

Thanks for the advice.I think minneapolis city has somehow become a regular at taking a share of my paycheck every month.I can't really stand this city anymore,they really got parking issues here and they are always quick to give you another tickect when u just went into their office to contest the one they give yesterday.

Sky   

Haddad thanks man, I need to keep that in mind next time or just simply bribe the pigs with maple donuts.

Haddad   

Originally posted by SomericaN:

I think minneapolis city has somehow become a regular at taking a share of my paycheck every month.

It's not only Minneapolis; it's most (if not all) major US cities. Those who are hit mostly are African Americans, immigrants and the poor. It's particularly hitting very hard African Americans; just drive through where they congregate, you'll see a considerable number of cars with the Denver boot. The policy is meant to weaken & disenfranchise them, and/or delay their progress. They're the usual victims, because they easily pay for it, either because they don't know what they can do about it or because they aren't proactive. You won't believe how much cities make ($billions) from this policy. If you easily pay for those tickets, the city will send you more tickets. If you fight, even if you lose by contesting, you'll force the city to spend money on judges & administrative officers. So, be aggressive and proactive about those tickets.

Sincere   

This is widely used in New York and other large Metropolitan city's with Traffic light camera's. Not sure it really works, I might just give it a shot , tired of freaking tickets.

The Spray Blocker

Haddad   

Originally posted by Discreet1:

I might just give it a shot

Better not; it's illegal if it works. You think the authorities will let the sale of such a product that will drastically decrease $billions in revenues? Nah.

LOL! Hadaad, I can picture you talking to the judge: "But your honor, on the ticket, the officer claimed that my plate number is HYM-423 while my plate number is indeed HMY-423."LoooL

I beleive MPD are by far the harshest ticket givers i have ever seen[next to prolly Wisconsin cops!].

Anyway,a valuable advice i once got from a Comedian Brotha from comicview:

If they send you a ticket over the mail showing your vehicles plate number, just take a picture of the $100 you supposed to pay and send the picture to them.

Am not sure if this will get you off the ticket, but sure did make me laugh.

BTW: What is up with the Meters that run upto 10pm@night? The *&$%^$$& is that MAN??!!

:D

Haddad   

Originally posted by Afromali:

I can picture you talking to the judge: "But your honor...

I don't use the term your honor; I just answer what I am asked. The whole event is businesslike, oftentimes involving a few or several questions, sometimes raising your right hand and saying "I do." But, I always in advance point out inconsistencies in those tickets. For example, I had a ticket where the inconsistency was the address located on the Eastern side of the street, instead of the Western side. When it's like that, I just say "The address doesn't exist." When the parking or traffic ticket is dismissed, I don't even say "Thank you" or "Have a nice day"; I just grab the dismissal papers or bond card and head for exit.

When the parking or traffic ticket is dismissed, I don't even say "Thank you" or "Have a nice day"; I just grab the dismissal papers or bond card and head for exit.

I am sure that comes naturally?

Anyway,what is the judge's rebuttal?[or answer] to that?

does he just say,"ok Mr Hadad, the case dismissed" or does he try torationalize?

Haddad   

does he just say,"ok Mr Hadad, the case dismissed" or does he try torationalize?

Something along this line:

I find the violation is factually inconsistent.

or

I find the violation didn't occur.

and concludes with:

Consequently, you're not responsible for the fine.

For traffic violations, if the officer doesn't show up, there's no talking, except telling me to get my bond card from an aide. Also, I take with me pictures showing there are no signs that support the violation, like improper U-turn. The bottom line, if you think a little bit, you can come up with strong supporting explanations/excuses (preferably with the aid of pictures).

For traffic violations, if the officer doesn't show up, there's no talking, except telling me to get my bond card from an aide. Also, I take with me pictures showing there are no signs that support the violation, like improper U-turn. The bottom line, if you think a little bit, you can come up with strong supporting explanations/excuses (preferably with the aid of picture).

Alright.Sounds Smart to me.

Am guessing that one has to be awfully ready and be the least bit intimidated by the whole ‘MAXKAMAD’ scene.

So, Have you ever talked your way out of ticket?

If so,what have you said?[What would you say]?

Haddad   

Am guessing that one has to be awfully ready and be the least bit intimidated by the whole ‘MAXKAMAD’ scene.

Man, there's nothing to be awfully ready, or intimidated about. If it helps, just go to the ‘MAXKAMAD’, sit down there for some half an hour, listen to what it being said, observe how people act, and etc- just to get the feeling. I liken it to going to the post office on a busy day, standing behind the line, and mailing a parcel.