Searching for Mr. Right!

Baashi   

Searching for Mr. Right!

2/11/2008 - Social Family Humor - Article Ref: UM0802-3507

Number of comments: 20

Opinion Summary: Agree:14 Disagree:1 Neutral:5

By: Unique Muslimah

Unique Muslimah* -

I seem to be meeting two different types of men.The first type is the extremely religious-almost-everything-is-haram man. They all look the same; same fist-long beard, same white hat that hides a mass of hair, same shaved mustache and white trousers with a long white shirt that goes over the knees. I don't believe these kind of men are "extremists" or "terrorists" just because they live like that.

If he is interested in you he will get to know you by introducing himself to your family and have frequent meetings with you all together, probably with his family involved too. During these informal "meetings" you'll probably learn his "everything-is-haram" views.

Then there is the second type of man. The "part-time Muslim". The almost-everything-is-halal man. He is liberal in his beliefs, does not really pray, may drink alcohol, thinks it's fine to hang out with his "girl friends" and thinks the first type of man explained above is an extremist. If he's interested in you he will think that dating is an essential part in getting to know you.

That means you and him should be alone. He thinks it is great that you wear the hijab, because he wants to show off to his family and friends that he has landed himself a religious wife. This is also quite suffocating.

I'm not interested in either of these types of men that I've met. There is however a third type of man (there could be a fourth and fifth but I don't have time). They are in the middle-ground of the two men described above. They are not too strict and they are not too loose. They are just right. I've seen some American Muslims and Canadian Muslims who are "just right", so I know they do exist. But of course marriage is naseeb. You can't ask why it didn't work out, that's just destiny for you.

But they are out there. They are lovely men with beautiful personalities, they have the faith in their hearts and minds and they live life to their fullest potential. They make you laugh, they don't have complex personalities due to cultural baggage. They would never oppress you. They would want to love you for the rest of their lives.

They would regard you as an equal.

I wonder if there's more of them in stock somewhere ... because it seems some of us have missed out on a "available for a limited-time only."

The writer of this blog writes under the pen name Unique Muslimah. Unique's blog opened back in February 2007, when she decided it was time she wrote on issues she felt passionate about. Unique Muslimah writes to you from the West but spends most of her time traveling to other countries and blogging about her experiences.

Source

I'm not interested in either of these types of men that I've met. There is however a third type of man (there could be a fourth and fifth but I don't have time). They are in the middle-ground of the two men described above. They are not too strict and they are not too loose. They are just right. I've seen some American Muslims and Canadian Muslims who are "just right", so I know they do exist. But of course marriage is naseeb. You can't ask why it didn't work out, that's just destiny for you.

And they do marry early ages of their 30s..

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

My Brother Baashi...waan ku salaamay...nice to have you back...I was beginning to feel lonely without you...but they don't understand that since its a Sikyaamo thing...nice topic indeed.

Peace, Love & Unity.

-Lily-   

I think it’s too simplistic to look at a human being just in terms of their level of religiosity, unless that is, that’s your main factor and most important thing to consider. Most people don’t want EVERYTHING they just want what they want, at the right time, the right balance & temperature and a few surprises in-between.

I think individuals in general prevent themselves from being happy by creating unnecessary complexes around themselves.

p.s. Hello Bob! smile.gif

BOB   

Hi Lily...How are you my dearest sister? long time laguma arag... smile.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ohh my god, here goes another one…I actually agree there is no such thing “Mr Right or Mr Perfect” it’s a myth and I blame Disney for hammering such illusions in little girls, the only outcome is disappointment. But there is Mr 7/10 aka Mr almost perfect but still workable… loll

Ohh what a wonderful day!

-Lily-   

LoL@ blame disney. Most of us agree that no human is perfect but there is the possebility that there could be some humans perfect for us. Regardless if they are 5 out of 10 or 10 out of 10 cynical lady.

fatboy, me not believe in Mr Right, don’t be so scandalous! icon_razz.gif

Bob, you have been in hiding, I've been here. Hope all is well.

BOB   

You mean Somali men?

PS. Lily...All is well abaayo and I wish you the same Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Lily dear, I tell you I don’t buy into the idea of “his imperfect but perfect to me” hence 10 out of 10 for you..i assure you most woman settle down with Mr almost perfect because the perfect one never materialised, but that does not stop them from moulding the one they have to the one they want. But then again am cynic..and I agree every woman has her own ideal man on her head…hence why the “must have list” now here is where if your lucky you get 7/10 because 10 does not exist and when you come across the 10/10 chances are you don’t want him, he is boring. I mean come on perfect is soo boring…everyone needs something that’s wee bit ruff on the edges... it makes the journey worthwhile I say (who died and made me Somali equivalent of Barbra Cartland)

Mr wrong…Bob your mean but I agree loll, but you know what they never used to be Mr wrong they recently acquired that title if you ask me…

me   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

quote:Originally posted by me:

^how about mr. Wrong?

Yeah that is you ,,,,,,,,,,,
:D
How would that info be of any use for you?....... unless ;) .......in that case, I kinda dig women :D

Chimera   

Originally posted by cynical lady:

Mr wrong…Bob your mean but I agree loll, but you know what they never used to be Mr wrong they
recently acquired
that title if you ask me…

yep..the day they became your 'Dentist'

lol