Sign in to follow this  
Adna

HElP NEEDED !!!!

Adna   

Salaam

Hello my Nomads... I have a dear friend of mine who is dying to learn how to speak our beloved language Somali, and i was wondering if there is a book/cd/ web page where non native speakers can learn. any sugestion woud be greately appriciated thanks.

send her to me! i can teach her following somalis lingos.

af somali (ar xuu dahyay cunigaan)

af eelaay (just listen to samater cd)

af gini (damaxiika xamaa yeewe)

af xamari (mininkeega mininkaaga waaye)

af las caanood (war maandaye xaka ii daaf)

af reer waqooye (wegareey wegeer)

af reer boorama (huuno bonka madaxa iga shuub)

af reer jabout ( huuno shafeelki mee)

uf koorse room and board is free.

Ibtisam   

^^^Lool^ I kind of understood most of that. I guess my Somali must be good :rolleyes:

Jac where is this SOL, if it is the same place I hang out during my work hrs, then stop misleading people! you cannot learn how to "SPEAK" somali there!.

Adna, only thing I have seen is the Somali-English dictionary! she is better off going to Somalia for 1week. she'll come back better than few people i know. Other wise she just needs to surround her self with people who can only speak somali, iiyaga saaxiiga keen toon after that.

Malika   

Adna,does you friend understand when Somali is spoken but cant reply? I used to understand when spoken to,but couldnt respond..but was creative in jazzing up the swahili to sound like somali..lol! yep,added ka at the end and it sounded somali..lol

anyway,was throw in the deepend at some point,surrounded by somalis from Somalia..I had to learn quick or I would have been a butt of their jokes for a while..so she needs to surround her self with Malis from Mali.. :D:D

Adna   

salaam,

i appriciate all of your sugestions, and i shall try to tell my friend to soround her self with somalis, thought there are only few she hangs out with. Mc Xamar thank you walaalo for the site thuoght i can't see the book, but it's a great idea to buy that book...sorry you that you lacked a motivated teacher, hopefully one will come around in the near future. thank yu again all of you...

RedSea   

Adna,

Why don't you teach him/her yourself?

You are almost half way there. He/she is your friend already. Israacso the rest dee.

Ghanima,

Come on be real. You couldn't tell ri from orgi b4 SOL(: