Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Social cohesion – excluding Muslims

Abtigiis   

^You are forgetting I am happily married. So don't be scared. And don't react to all things. Otherwise, I will join Ngonge's club.

Ibtisam   

Well for all you know, I also could be married, and not feel the need to publicise it. In fact I’ve never said I was not married or married. Therefore it was an inappropriate comment to make, as unlike YOU, I'm only allowed ONE.

Ibtisam   

^^^I was and still I'm cool. I just think sometimes waad iska haadasha, as +Faheem told you ages ago "isid qaasabad Jaaban". smile.gif

Now stop hijacking my thread! I gave you your answer, I don't know you. icon_razz.gif

Abtigiis   

Could be right, but at least in this thread, I didn't see malice in my posts. Can see you are passionate about few things though.

in my neck of the woods, we have real problems within the Somali community,

we have 12 organisations all doing the same thing in a 2 mile radius.

likely they all come to me, but when i advice them is like they are saying "why do you do it for us, rather than us bother to get up and be counted"

it really unbelievable.

and the irony of we always have this politician coming to see about this or that, so far we had the prime minister, home office minister, education and mayor (former) many other minions, probably because we are only one stone throw away from the houses of parliament, and not because they were interested in improving our lives or listening (and if they listened nor heard) to our concerns. Furthermore I could have sworn the somali community members were only vying for the photo op

but were surely and slowly getting there. i am looking forward to the inclusion from this year onwards community inclusion aspect in the OFSTED inspection of schools as i already have full in tray of queries and pleas for help from the schools in work with

Ibtisam   

^^^Loool. I doubt you will be able to do anything else but answer all those pleas and queries! lool @ Photo op.

You guys have a good strategic location, the Somali community should use it well, and you can be the token immigrant community!

jjust like somalia yes we are in a good strategic location, but can't seem to make use of it really.

maybe you should come and help us out. few weeks when some of the somali communities were squabbling over 200k grant, one of the directors came to me and said "we need a woman here, this people don't represent the somali community that you always tell me about"

i was jsut dumbfounded, what i can say to her.

sorry about the misspelling and words missing in replies i am doing too many things at once.

reminds me have you had any responses from your colleagues at uni yet?

Ibtisam   

^^^I believe they have responded to you directly already. I'll send a reminder out again 2morrow inshallah. How many responses do you have all together already? Although registering for Somalis does not translate to them showing up. If 50 register, count on only 30 or less turning up.

Lool squabbling over 200k grant redface.gif Somali communities are like NGOs in Africa, a "get rich quick" way for selfish people who just use and abuse those they are suppose to help.

^tell me about it !!

from that group i think i only two who introduced themselves as such.

all in all i have twenty people who are supposedly for definete at least for the preliminary meeting and probably would be less for me to take on to the actual programme.

hope you are still coming and get CL to come with you, her last advice to you seem good and on that i hope to hear from you tomorrow on whether you are still coming and if any your other colleagues (especiall the guys) are coming with you.