Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Give me your proverbs

BOB   

I don't have a Somali Proverbs but I can give you Chinese Proverbs if you want and here are some of them.

1-Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

2-He who asks is a fool for 5 minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

3-A tree falls the way it leans.

4- A wise man hears one word and understands two.

5- in baiting a mousetrap with cheese, always leave room for the mouse.

That is all I can remember now but if you are interested in some more than let me know and I will flood the place with Chinese Proverbs.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Orgilaqe waa Englishkii soomaaliya privateyada laga dhigi jiray

Privateki Ramadhan oo kuyiiley Dabka baa ixasuusisey yar adeerkey dhale ayaa kadhiganjirey waagan booqday :D:D

Xuux

Rag waa barasho geelna waa rarasho

meanin

You can learn from a man but you can learn nothing from an animal other than how to place your load on it.

doqon hadii loohiilanayo xitaa magarto

A fool never knows even if you are helping him!

BOB   

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

Bob what's with you and Chinese proverbs are you Chinese?.

What is with you and the Orgi are you Orgi? LoooooooooooooooL, Naaaaah Bro, I am as Somali as they get but I admire Chinese people and the way they go about their daily lives after all we are talking about a thousands of years of civilization here mate and I am lucky to have read a couple of Chinese books but translated in English of course and one of them books is Chinese Proverbs and the other one is the Autobiography of Chairman Mao Tse-Tung which is one of my all time favourite books.

"God Gives The Nuts, But He Doesn't Crack Them" Chinese Proverb.

Peace, Love & Unity.

What is with you and the Orgi are you Orgi

LOOOOOOOOOOL

well bro back in the day i used to be the most feared among orgi's 'cos i ate them a lot

Speaking of civilisations just 'cos ours hasn't been documented doesnt mean it is not as old as the chinese it is most likely to be older than most other civilisations known to man and our proverbs are a wealth of knowledge if you seek to find out.

BOB   

I believe ours has been documented but unfortunately by the wrong people as they corrupted it for they were a corrupt souls in the first place and they divided us into countless divisions which in the end resulted the bloody mayhem that's still ending a young and innocent lives in our beloved Somalia as we speak so it hurts to know you are part of a race that doesn't even know where they or their ancestors hail from and how they came to be except the lies that we have been told by society ever since we were born.

Insha Allah my children will know where I come from as that is all I will tell them and not where my father's forefathers come from simply because that will have nothing to do with who they will choose to become as every man and woman is his/her own man and woman.

the best thing your parents can do for you is to guide you to the truth but unfortunately most new born babies today are misled by their own parents as they tell them that they are "Superior" to their own Somali people which is the biggest lie that our forefathers told us.

Bro, I appreciate your time, it is time for me to go to this Allah Bari (Zab) I was told that there will be a plenty of Hilib Orgi and Caano Geel and Bariis isku karis and Moos Yummy. Take care and Stay Somali==========>I am Out.

PS. Sister Xu, Sorry me and Orgilaqe Hijacked your topic..Thousand Apologies.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Alle bari and plent of Orgi hilb ha!!!

Oooh how i miss the real Alle bari back home the ones over here somehow are not as good as the ones we used to have back home.We had a competition once and was won by a guy called Ali Tumbo in somali it is Cali calool

Now this guy sat down ate till his belt became too tight he opened it up went on till his belly was full so he leaned to one side,continued till he could no longer comfortably eat in that position so he leant to the other side and then went on to lie down!!!.i tell you he did finish five BAAF of food and you remember how big the Baaf back home used to be!!.Well i hope you have a good time there Bob .....i dont like that name by the way BOB! couldnt you find another Somali name like Ilkayare or something!!

Gluttony. shiver

I don't really do Somali proverbs. A cliche is a cliche whether it's a proverb or not. Coming across some I've never heard of b4...