Suldaanka

UN & AMISOM start evacuation as Alshabab readies siege on Mogadishu

Somalia's Army leave frontlines and go home as Cheeseman fails to provide their salary and food items. 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Suldaanka,

The sheer gob-smacking institutional incompetence, not to say nothing about mind-bending corrupt-to-the-core level of malfeasance of this outfit in Villa Somalia, which in turn passes itself off as a national government of Somalia is really singular reality, in which no one thought that it was ever possible for any entity in the world over to reach and stoop down to that level of incompetence and corruption.

And by that I mean, it's one thing not to be in a position to liberate far away regions of southern Somalia, like Gedo/Jubbadda-Dhexe/Jubbadda-House/Bakool or even Bay from the grip of the likes of Al-Shabaab of this world.

But the towns of Blacad and Jawhar are actually stone-throw away from Mogadishu. And yet this pseudo-government in Villa Somalia couldn't basically continue to pay the soldiers there who are actually fighting and dying at the behest of the same nominal government of Somalia in Villa Somalia.

And to get a measuring "perspective" of what I am talking about in here, just think about how quickly President Biixi would have been, literally, "impeached" by Somaliland's both houses of parliament, if Somaliland's military were to all of a sudden "vacate" their military positions in and around Tukaraq areas or the general areas of our border with Somalia, because the ministry of defence in Hargeisa was so corrupt to the core, that they haven't bothered to pay those soldiers for few months.

In other words, without belaboring the point too much, or without putting a too finer point on it, one can say that is the "exact reason" as to why Somalia is a bogus, a fiction, a make-believe State that doesn't function on the ground (in any meaningful sense). Whereas in Somaliland, there is all there could be require of for an institutional governance of a proper functioning state.

Hence the pity of it all is the international legal fiction that makes one, such as Somalia, as a "legitimate government", even if they don't have any properly functioning attributes of a Statehood, given that the notion of paying your own security forces before they run away from their duties for lack of payment is the most basic requirement of Statehood.

Whilst on the other hand, the other is a "de-facto state", even when it has all there is for the "effective requirement" of  "de-jure Statehood" and some more besides as well to its name, which is the current case of Somaliland.  

Your problem is defining your identity and goals in relation to Somalia's current situation.

We behave well and Somalia is bad is not winning strategy. One would think you would understand  that by now.

20 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Your problem is defining your identity and goals in relation to Somalia's current situation.

We behave well and Somalia is bad is not winning strategy. One would think you would understand  that by now.

Che,

No that wasn't what I was intending to say. Nor is it even a "close approximation" of what the plain reading of the text of my argument could reasonably imply.

Consequently, re-read the argument, from the first line, and this time round do it so slowly so that you will get the "gist" of it.

But just in case you wanted a bit of a help in here, let me direct you to how you should read my argument and say, that, the essence of the argument I was putting forward was that Somalia is a "fiction" in which the world (out of its own security interests) wants to pretend that it's real functioning state.

Whilst Somaliland, on the other hand, is actually the real state. A real thing that actually do its governance function properly. And it's the only effectively constituted State that currently exist within the boundaries of the former territory of the Somali Republic.

Moreover, it is not as if one is saying my identity and my goal (as Somalilander) are always in relation with current situation of Somalia. After all, Somalilanders's identity and their political goal are actually independent of the "condition" in which Somalia found itself at any given moment. Believe it or not. 

And finally, I will have you know, that, Somaliland did all of these effective "State building" and did all of the current institutional governance she has for herself, which is what she has been doing ever since 1991, precisely because, recognition or no recognition, she wants to be "effective State" that can function on the ground and in her country. And therefore he desire was such that she wanted her political State to be able to maintain "law and order" without asking anyone else to do it for her, as the case is with Somalia.

Got the point of my argument now?

Very disappointing for all Somali people everywhere, but not surprising.

Coffee time in Amxara Kilil with Afwerki and Abiy was sheer stupidity when you have the Turkish willing and capable to help you, but you go for Coffee time in Eritrea and Amxara two areas where Afwerki has openly stated Turish should be kicked out of Suakin/PortSudan and the Amxara had burned some Turkish businesses in their resistance to Tigray/Ethiopia.

Replacing AMISOM with Eritrea was a non starter.

Ghelleh must have given Farmaajo .....with that Somali smile.

Turkish will not mind if Farmaajo is gone, they can work with anyone that is effective.

The worst thing of all was what was done in SWS. Using childish method in an adults world. Not only Farmaajo even Abiy received a "dirty" look from the Army.

4 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

This is news. Nothing to do with my identity and goals. 

We called that Cheeseman was a fraud and now almost any Somali worth his salt knows that he is a total fraud. A sell out.

After years, the situation in Mogadishu is at its worst. 

Xog: Shaqaalaha beesha caalamka iyo ajaaniibta kale oo ka baxay Muqdisho

Muqdisho (Caasimada Online) – Warar ay heshay Caasimada Online ayaa sheegaya in maanta iyo shalay magaalada Muqdisho ay ka baxeen qaar ka mid ah shaqaalaha Qaramada Midoobay, Midowga yurub, Midowga Africa iyo inta badan shaqaalaha kale ee ajaaniibta ah kuna sugnaa magaalada Muqdisho kadib xaalad cabsi ah oo ka jirta Gobalka Banaadir.

Sirdoonka ajaaniibta ah ee ku sugan Xalane ayaa sheegay in magaalada Muqdisho ay soo galeen Al-Shabaab badan, sidoo kalane ay ku soo dhawaadeen Al-Shabaab kale oo hubeysan kuwaas oo duqayn ku garaaci kara xafiisyada Qaramada Midoobay ee Xalane.

WWW.CAASIMADA.NET

Muqdisho (Caasimada Online) – Warar ay heshay Caasimada Online ayaa sheegaya in maanta iyo shalay magaalada Muqdisho ay ka baxeen qaar ka mid ah shaqaalaha Qaramada Midoobay, Midowga yurub, M…

Abiy is travelling to Arabs, Afwerki is not feeling well.

I wonder who will come to Farmaajo help, not Amisom, not SWS, not Puntland..maybe Jubaland will come to his rescue.

Coffee time in Amxara Kilil with Afwerki and Abiy was sheer stupidity

Where is @galbeediwhen you need his verdict?  This is a terrible news my brothers. This nations, which was slowly rising one president after another,  must have taken 5 steps backward today for us to be talking about evacuating NGO workers from Xalane, the most secure buffer zone left in the country. This is more than a disaster.

Why are people still defending Farmaajo? 

2 hours ago, Holac said:

Where is @galbeediwhen you need his verdict?  This is a terrible news my brothers. This nations, which was slowly rising one president after another,  must have taken 5 steps backward today for us to be talking about evacuating NGO workers from Xalane, the most secure buffer zone left in the country. This is more than a disaster.

Holac,

I agree with Suldaanka in here, in the sense that Mr Cheeseman was always a total fraud. All talk and no trousers (as Brits say).

Moreover, I really think he was never cut-out to be the kind of a guy, who by guile, or by cunning, or by sheer force of personality, can master and gather enough forces to defeat the likes of Al-Shabaab of this world, who in turn are well-embedded in Mogadishu's social fabric, from top to bottom.

And of course, his Prime-Minister, Mr Kheyre, was essentially a "cheap-money-lusting-looter", who saw opportunity of a life-time to make a real killing, financially, during the tenure of his office.

And therefore he was never interesting in getting his hands dirty, if on the other hand, he can play a public relation (PR) game of given good speeches to the public forums.

So together they formed a "perfect and a disastrous political couple" for Somalia.

Hence, the end results you have by now.

However, the only thing these two fellows have shown to the rest of Somalis was how to be good at in the manufacturing of "sheer and shameless publicity", whereby you employ hundred of peoples across continents, just to generate good publicity game for you and your government on the social media.

And you also "prime" them (i.e., these paid stooges), to attack, whilst using on the same social media platform, any of those who show your government to be an "empty suit", or criticize your failing agenda.

So that will be their "lasting legacy" in which these two fellows will leave behind, or that will be what folks will long remember when they look back on these two chaps's days-in-power.

That is, essentially, how to be good at in the sordid business end of creating an "empty propaganda" (daily and relentlessly) to which to lull and bamboozle the "average-public", before they cotton-on to the fact that they have being had in the old fashion way of being sold a bill-of-goods.    

2 hours ago, Holac said:

This is a calculated  wave of propaganda for the most part. Very much hypocrisy. You was never a fan of Farmaajo from day one.  are you serious about wondering why people still defending him?.If it is all about president after president for you. I am very much sure the next election will not be held in xalane or the airport , it will be held somewhere else and supervised by Somali security forces. The reason the Farmaajo co are supported by the people is they are doing a lot of things right. 

• Like 1

Duufaan,

I see that you are still shamelessly peddling the "talking points" of Villa Somalia, even when the cold fact of morning's reality tells otherwise an ugly reality that is at "variance" with whatever gibberish stuff they have asked you spread around it from that bunker of Villa Somalia.

Now why do I say that? Well, to start with, Mr Cheeseman, has failed and failed repeatedly, in security, in political reconciliation with his regional states other than using force and money. He failed to get the constitution gets anywhere close to be finished by 2020.

He failed to actually build any army worth of the name, which in turn can take the fight to Al-Shabaab. He failed to even push the Al-Shabaab from small towns like Balcad (which was last time I remember, a less than half of an hour of car drive from Mogadishu). He failed to even ensure the road that passes in front of his office to be "bombs-proof", in the sense of making sure that no bombs go off in that road. 

However, here you are genuinely rhapsodising about some wonderful things in which Mr Cheeseman have done it. And, so you know, let me say that the "hoped-for-one-person-one-vote-election" in which Somalia was expected to do, and Mr Cheeseman have told the international community (IC) that he will do it by 2021, is also out of the window.

And therefore it will be "4.5 formula" all over again and a selection process of that kind whereby the new president of the federal government in post-2021 era will be selected it at that precise compound of Xalane near the airport by 2021. Given that there is no possibility whatsoever of country-wide election at a polling booths across the districts of the country as a whole.

So I do not know what "alternative universe" you seemed to have visited us from it, my friend. But in here on this one in which I am currently living in it, which to boot, it's also where this world (as messy as it is) actually is located at, there is no any "good news" to be written about what Mr Cheeeseman have so far allegedly accomplished, which in turn could go some way in improving the lot of Somalia up to now. And it's unlikely to be any different, come the time of the change-over in 2021.

But, still be that as it is, you can continue to get your cheap money from Villa Somalia, and therefore you can keep on telling us that Mr Cheeseman and Co. have achieved tremendous results, given that is what you have been paid to do it in here of SOL.