Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

Miracle baby born in Bethlehem

Rokko   

I watched a clib from CNN last night and was moved seeing the whole story. So I had to share with you..all.

miraclebaby.jpg

news12020308.jpg

IANS[ THURSDAY, DECEMBER 04, 2003 05:40:02 AM ]

GAZA: Despite travel restrictions, hundreds of Palestinians visit the Israeli town of Bethlehem every day to see a 'miracle' infant, apparently born with the name of his dead uncle imprinted on his cheek, reports Xinhua .

The boy, less than a fortnight old, is referred to as the 'Baby Miracle'.

The name of the uncle was Alla'a. He was part of the Palestinian liberation group Hamas and reportedly killed by the Israeli Army in Bethlehem in March.

The baby's father Iyad Eid said his son was born on November 27, considered the holiest night of the year in the Muslim calendar and part of the Ramadan month.

Eid said he was shocked when he saw the name, imprinted in Arabic.

"Since my brother was killed by the Israeli Army, my parents couldn't stop crying and grieving for him, but when we saw his name written on my son's cheek, we felt Alla'a was resurrected, so we named him after his uncle," Iyad said.

Hundreds of men, women and children cluster around Iyad's house everyday in an attempt to see this phenomenon. Many say it reaffirms their belief that martyrs are precious to Allah.

The infant's family said around 6,000 Palestinians from all over the West Bank and Jerusalem have so far come to see the "Baby Miracle", among them are Muslim and Christian religious men, academics, intellectuals as well as journalists.

Doctors at the French Hospital in Bethlehem who delivered the baby said he weighted 3.8 kg at birth and the birthmark Alla'a on his face is 10 cm long. Three letters are on his left cheek and the fourth is behind the left ear.

Doctors also couldn't explain the unusual birthmark.

The baby's grandmother Aisha Iyad, 85, clutched her grandson in her arms and told reporters that god had sent a message through him, expressing love for the Palestinians and abhorrence for Israel's "crimes".

"Since my son Alla'a was killed I used to cry daily, but after my grandson was born I felt as if god had sent him to make up for my killed son," said Iyad, adding "god is still with us and our martyrs could never die".

BN   

MobbDeep,

Thanks for sharing this incredible story bro. The baby is definetly a miracle to say the least.

BN