Sign in to follow this  
J.Lee

When you....

nafta   

i dream in somali, english and dutch...all mixed in one sentence sometimes :eek:

But i disagree with the other two being my first languages cuz it doesnt necesarly mean they are just because ur dream in them right...its like underdog said....depends what ur dreaming about.

Mowgli   

Asalaama Alaikum

lol me too Ameenah sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night laughing *because of my dream and am not just some psycho* lol and I think ooh I gotta share this with everyone tomorrow morning...and I never remember :(

Its not just with romance that english words are dull...its with everything...

I find I can 90% of the time describe myself better in Somali...as for the counting business...depends where am at or who am talking to. When am at home, I speak mostly somali with the few odd words of english and italian...when am in italy... prefer to speak english:confused: lol i'll even deny the fact that I can speak italian just for the hell of it.

Eiid Wanaagsan everyone

Ma'Salaama

I can't even tell what language I'm speaking when I'm awake, let alone when I'm asleep. Somali and English have sort of become synonymous for me, Sometimes, I automatically speak English outside the home, and Somali inside. Other times I speak a mixture both times... redface.gif

Dreaming...erm...I couldn't begin to tell which lang I dream in. :(

Paragon   

Daydreaming

Physically-minded people think of themselves as limited but those people who gain increased awareness of the dream state and its language find the opportunities for progression, growth, and expansion of consciousness are limitless.

Most people in their day to day life rely heavily on memory stored in the brain. They fail to use the powerful tools of focused attention or effective imagination. Yet, all exceptional and truly successful people in the world have utilized both a concentrated, focused mind and an effective imagination. Most people use less than 10% of their mind power. This is because they rely so much on memory while excluding undivided attention and the effective use of the imager in their conscious mind and daily life. It is also because they have not learned to use the power of their subconscious mind. Dream interpretation is an excellent tool for learning to harness more of your mind power.

Everyone has daydreamed at some point in their life. Daydreaming is a product of the conscious mind while night dreaming is a function of the subconscious mind. If you will notice, when daydreaming occurs your mind begins to wander. You release voluntary control of your thoughts. In other words, you are no longer choosing which thoughts you wish to think. Instead, you are allowing your thoughts to go from one similar thought to another following whatever brain pathway that is aligned or near to your last thought. Notice also that daydreaming involves mental pictures or images. Notice how your attention moves from one mental image to another. So you see, mental images are at the root and core of how the mind functions. In order to understand the language of dreams one needs to understand that the communication from the dream state to the conscious mind involves transferring the mental picture-images to words. Next, the words are transferred from your conscious mind to the paper of your dream notebook.

The subconscious mind communicates to the conscious mind during sleep because this is when the normally noisy conscious mind is moved aside or shut down thereby the inner Self can come through. When the conscious mind is pushed aside or stilled then the dream can occur.

Most people have unfocused minds with scattered thoughts that produce so much noise in the conscious mind that they have a difficult time listening to or hearing messages from the inner Self, the sub-conscious mind. The more you learn to focus the mind through concentration exercises the calmer the mind becomes until you reach a state where your mind is stilled and you have few if any thoughts in the conscious mind. This process creates a state of receptivity in the conscious mind allowing communication coming from the subconscious or inner mind to be received by the conscious mind.

Meditation makes the highest use of this stilled conscious mind for it allows you to harmonize the receptive conscious mind with the subconscious mind in order that both may align with the superconscious mind.

Source:

The Universial Language of the Mind