Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Horror of the Sea

Chimera   

Squids!! the colossal ones, the giant ones, the humboldt ones, the tiny ones

i hate them, i hate them, i hate them all

giantsquid.jpg

WHAT the Hell is THAT!!!

imagine taking a dip in the sea and suddenly this thing graps you and then stares you down before he kills you....woahhhh

ap_squid_061222.jpg

Humboldt-Squid--27262.jpg

giantsquid.jpg

giant_squid.htm_txt_giant_1.gif

never liked them, never will, not even..

squidbio.jpg

thank god the likelyhood of anything remotely resembling tentacles ever grabbing me is 1 in a trillion (because i avoid any contact with the Sea like the plague :D )

Urban   

7591871lz2.jpg

This undated image issued by Michael Moore of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Massachusetts, Thursday, Dec. 23, 2004 shows a sperm whale. Sperm whales routinely dive more than two miles (three kilometers) below the ocean surface to hunt for giant squid, but a study shows the huge mammals suffer a chronic loss of bone tissue from the bends, a painful condition well-known to human divers

Those scars are from giant squids! Researchers once found on the body of a sperm whale a few Octopus suction-cup marks that were about 2 meters in diameter!!

nuune   

giantsquid.jpg

That is very beautiful animal, very adorable eye indeed, I think the sea has many handsome guys like this!

Nice hat by the way.

Abyan   

Originally posted by Adam-Zayla:

Squids!! the colossal ones, the giant ones, the humboldt ones, the tiny ones

i hate them, i hate them, i hate them all

giantsquid.jpg

WHAT the Hell is THAT!!!

Ilaaheey aan kuugu dhaarshee, is this a real picture ama waa photoshopped...*Shocked* :eek:

Chimera   

It's REAL sisters but it was a 'rare' catch and this squid currently holds the record in eye size

{source of the image}

The giant squid has the largest eye in the natural world. Although squid's eyes evolved on a separate branch of the tangle bank of life, they are remarkably like ours, except that they don't have the blind spot that human eyes have (Hack #16). This picture is from a book 'Extreme Nature' by Mark Carwardine (which the Guardian Weekend ran a piece on two weeks ago). This immature female is 17 foot long, but they go up to 49 foot apparently.

http://www.mindhacks.com/blog/2005/09/giant_squid_woah.html

lol @ "what the hell is that". this is deep sea creature people, you have nothing to fear unless your stuck in the middle of the atlantic or the indian ocean. the things that await us in the bottom of the sea! more amazing then space exploration if you ask me.