Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

Asylum Seeker Kills Himself to Give Son UK Stay

Muhammad   

Hemmed in by Britain's asylum laws, Manuel Bravo took his own life on his 35th birthday out of a parental love to guarantee that his 13-year-old son Antonio would not be deported to homeland Angola, reported a leading British daily on Sunday, September 17.

"Now that Mr Bravo is dead, Antonio at least will have a chance to achieve their joint dream of building a successful life in Britain," wrote The Independent.

The Home Office said Antonio is now unlikely to be deported before his 18th birthday, so enabling him to complete his schooling in Britain. He will then be able to apply for asylum.

The British daily said the tragedy highlights the desperation many feel as London pursues "an increasingly stringent" asylum policy.

Click to read the story in full

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article313206.ece

-----------

Baluug   

Originally posted by Salaxuddiin:

"Now that Mr Bravo is dead, Antonio at least will have a chance to achieve their joint dream of building a successful life in Britain," wrote The Independent.

It sounds like the paper is congratulating the f**king moron for killing himself!!

What kind of life will a 13 yr old boy have when he will never have guidance from his father?

Muhammad   

^ liibaan thats excatly what was going through my mind.

one can only imagine the kind of pressure the kid will have to go through during the coming years. knowing that his father's death - was 'FOR' him. :confused: man o man,

Allah has blessed us with Islaam and Qadr!

It is believed he hanged himself while Antonio was present. It was an act that will no doubt haunt the rest of Antonio's life.

Castro   

Please, get off your high horse for a moment. You think muslims and Somalis don't commit suicide? Think again.

That man's actions were the ultimate sacrifice for those he loves. You call it lack of faith, I call it desperation. Instead of looking at the real issue at hand, namely the difficulties immigrants face in a hostile country with hostile laws, you jump the man.

I bet you think he's going straight to hell. So not only does he miss out on life here, he will be BBQ-ed on arrival. Please, if you can't offer sympathy, don't offer anything.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen said in "Kayfa Nu'aalij Waaqi'unaa al-Aleem" - Page 119...

"Indeed, my opinion is that he is regarded as one who has killed himself (committed suicide), and as a result he shall be punished in Hell, for that which is authenticated on the authority of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam), who said:

{Indeed, whoever (intentionally) kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever.} [bukhaaree (5778) and Muslim (109 and 110)]

And from that which is surprising, is that these people kill themselves despite Allaah having fordbidden this, as He (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) says:

{ And do not kill yourselves. Surely, Allaah is Most Merciful to you.} [soorah an-Nisaa., Aayah 29]"

End of the Sheikhs statement..

^^^Jazkallah kheir for the reminder. But its still a sad story, the laws of asylum should be relooked into, its not worth a man losing his life. There must be room for compromise and help families stay together.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:

Please, get off your high horse for a moment. You think muslims and Somalis don't commit suicide? Think again.

That man's actions were the ultimate sacrifice for those he loves. You call it lack of faith, I call it desperation. Instead of looking at the real issue at hand, namely the difficulties immigrants face in a hostile country with hostile laws, you jump the man.

I bet you think he's going straight to hell. So not only does he miss out on life here, he will be BBQ-ed on arrival. Please, if you can't offer sympathy, don't offer anything.
First of all,whether somalis kill themselves or not,is not the issue.Anyone,whether muslim,kufar,somali,or whatever,who kills themself is a f**king MORON.As for the "ultimate sacrifice" he made,he is a coward and will insha Allah be a loser in the hereafter,we have enough xadiis and aayahs to tell us that,in clear arabic,and when translated,in clear english.Jizakallah Nin cadaan for relating some of those to us.

This reminds me of a guy(kufar) I used to work with who was estranged from his ex-wife and 4 kids.His ex wouldn't let him see his kids and used the "perfectly run" Canadian laws(Socod Badne knows what I'm talking about) to keep him from seeing them.He hanged himself,and while everyone else at work were saying bullsh*t like"Oh,it's so sad" and "Poor guy",I was saying "He gets no sympathy from me".Why?Because killing yourself has no benefit in this life or the next.It's a coward's way out.

So while you say "If you can't offer sympathy,don't say anything",I say that there is no sympathy to offer.

Pucca   

I bet you think he's going
straight to hell
. So not only does he
miss out on life
here, he will
be BBQ-ed on arrival

oui, yes, nacam , haa...

Miriam1   

Sometimes one cannot imagine the possibilites of life after a certain event. You loose prespective of everything, you focus on that one thing and nothing else matters, hence suicide doesnt seem so alien. As Muslims we are aware that we have no right to take our own lives, but this man wasn't muslim and probably felt his "scarifice" to be a very noble act.

Its so sad, that he felt it necessary enough to kill himself and orphan his son. He wasn't ****** or a loser, but a very desperate weak man, who loved his child.

Castro   

When I think of sympathy, compassion and mercy and how devoid some of my people are of them, I need not look very far. Theodicy, let thy definition be Somalia.

Baluug   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

he is a coward and will insha Allah be a loser in the hereafter

Did that bring you satisfaction? :confused:

What kind of satisfaction would I derive from a loser I don't know who has deprived his son of a father?I'm just stating the facts,ma'am.

Muhammad   

Castro,

I was not 'jumping the man' sxb, i was merely feeling sorry for his son. If you think killing yourself, infront of your child, so that he remembers it and be able to stay and grow up in a 'hostile' country, without a father, is the 'ultimate sacrifice', i strongly disagree. I see it as the easy way out of the situation, not sacrifice. Either the man had few drinks, or he wasn't using his mind the right way.

as for his fate in the next world, Allah knows best!

Alilire   

The fact that he committed suicide for such reasons as fear of Deportation back to a 3rd world country seems really extreme, I think there had to have been more too the story or perhaps to the man himself. Maybe he was mentally ill, only Allah knows. But I have to agree with the concerns the brother made about the son. This child now has to face many challenges alone; Now whether the child is muslim or not, living in the west is not easy. As to the comment made

he is a coward and will insha Allah be a loser in the hereafter

Brother, I'm sure you as well as anyone here know how HORRIBLE Jahannam is, so then you should know that to wish someone, espcially one you do know know, there is not a good practice. But my ears are closer to my mouth so i remind myself first.

Asalaamu Alaikum all