Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Small Town Having Difficulties with Somalis

Nephissa   

Shelbyville is about an hour's drive from Nashville, in the heart of the Bible Belt. Like many Americans, the citizens of Shelbyville knew little about Somalia other than the 1993 Black Hawk Down incident, in which 18 U.S. servicemen were killed while battling warlords and Islamic jihadists in the Somali capital of Mogadishu.

So when hundreds of Somalis began turning up in the town--many of them dressed in traditional Islamic garb--locals quickly took notice.

"They've had an impact here. Unfortunately, it's not been a good impact," said Brian Mosely, a reporter for the local Shelbyville Times-Gazette.

"I found that there was just an enormous culture clash going on here," he said.
"The Somalis were--according to a lot of the people I talked to here--were being very, very rude, inconsiderate, very demanding. They would go into stores and haggle over prices.
They would also demand to see a male salesperson, would not deal with women in stores"

The problems extend to local schools--where some
Somali students won't talk to female administrators

Paragon   

This bloody Brian Mosley is still going on with his racist coverage? I vaguely remember we bloggers running a campaign against him. I guess he wants the publicity again, because he's been obscure recently?

This racist-cum-journalis t is a joke. I wouldn't accord much validity to his so-called 'articles'. He's a fraud.

Nephissa   

Yea, it's all in his head, I agree :D not! Do you think Somalis are not capable of such magalo joog-xumo behaviour? I've seen them do much worse ones, then this.. and I'm not being racist here.. icon_razz.gif

^may be this one

were being very, very rude, inconsiderate, very demanding

but not sure about

would not deal with women in stores"

They would also demand to see a male salesperson

and

The problems extend to local schools--where some Somali students won't talk to female administrators.

Somalis in Shellbyville have no issues with the authority nor with the locals as far as I know. This Brian guy is trying to instigate bad things in the minds of the locals. Let him vomit what he wants, bloody redneck...

"We're talking about people who have not had any experience with Western civilization," he explained. "They don't know the language. Things like running water are a miracle to some of these folks…

:eek: :eek: is here serious? What kind-of-Red-Neck-In your-face-RACISM is this? And who is this bloody "journalist"? Seems like he wrote down a list of racially motivated, pretty ignorant questions and found the nearest racist pig in town and had a field day :rolleyes: . The "demanding and rudeness" I can imagine but come on "they wouldnt talk to female sales person"? Outright lie, I'd say.

Goodir   

Oohinta orgiga ka weyn ma maqli jirtay. This red neck knows the place is the heart of the south and has great great grand fathers who probably lynched blacks for fun back in the days. Yaa ogaad he wrote the same shittty staff about other immigrants arriving the south before Somalis.

Someone needs to shout in his ear. Those days are long gone. The country is run by black president with a Muslim middle name. Somalis are here to stay. South, North, West or East, don't matter.

Email him this link:

Oreilly being Oreilly

All over again! I remember this racist dude writing up series of racist articles about the small Somali community in TN. I think he is a cohort for those anti-immigration organizations who awarded him at some point for his bigotry against Somalis.

We should stand up to such negative characterizations that undermine our image, I think.

Yes, in certain sectors, including our business presence in some regions, dealings with the non Somalis, contributions to the local activities especially where Somalis are concentrated in large numbers.

Don't be hopeless, awoowe. Some of us had made strides in representing our image very positively.

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

Don't be hopeless, awoowe. Some of us had made strides in representing our image very positively.

Good point.

This bloody Brian Mosley is still going on with his racist coverage? I vaguely remember we bloggers running a campaign against him. I guess he wants the publicity again, because he's been obscure recently?

This racist-cum-journalis t is a joke. I wouldn't accord much validity to his so-called 'articles'. He's a fraud.

Kaalay, inta aadan is waalin, even thought waalinimo meel ay ku geyneyso eesan jiran, maad warka hubsatid.

Bal maad is weydiisid, yaa warkan qore, yuuse uu-qore and why u qore?

Seriously, you are barking at the wrong man.

This so called "racist-cum-journali st" did not write the above article and you shouldn't utter his name in vain. Infact, he was interviewed by the reporter who did the above piece. According to Erick Stakelbeck(the author of the article), who is a CBN news terrorism analyst said that he went to Mosley to interview him about Third World Muslim refugees in small-town America.

Stakelbeck, a reporter, was doing a story and he interviewed Mosley from a long list of people, so what?

If the mosley bashers are true to themselves, they would realize that the ammo of the refugees are nothing short of what is described by the reporter in this article. Again, thats if you people are being true to yourselves.

Somali people are not awliyo. Whether they are in small town America or some tuulo in South Africa, the stories are the same. The only thing that surprised me is the bit about the PLANT in TN accomodating the refugees by switching stat. holidays. The outrage by the employees was justified. I'm sure if any of you were in that situation and you switched places with those small town folks, you would react the same way, ee beenta aa meelaha lasoo istaagtaan nagadaaya.

The original link can be found here Paragon, this time make sure you inaad ookiyaalo soo gishato before aad machete-dhiga lasoo orodo:-

Somali Muslims Changing Small Town By Erick Stakelbeck

ps:

Somalis in Shellbyville have no issues with the authority nor with the locals as far as I know.

because gheelka said so

Dude, I don't recall anyone asking your biased opinion, ee why don't you put a fork on it?

Next thing aad soo wado waa s-ville aan ku noolahay or waxa la yidhi news said so.