Sign in to follow this  
MiZz_LeXuS

Vote for your Fav. Harry Potter characters

Sup Nomads...This will be the last time anyone will be talking about Harry Potter & hearing from it 2.

I personally would vote for Malfoy ;)

underdog   

At certain times, opinionated, I become a Fundamentalist. I have read the book, thankfully I have the ability to differentiate between right and wrong ( I was going to say real and imaginary but the the existence of sixiir is not in doubt).

But the intended audience of the book, I'm sorry to say, is very impressionable and I'm sure you're one of those people who think it's cute that a 3 yr old can recite spells from Harry Potter but can't read the shortest Sura in the Quran.

But don't worry about me I'm too busy being backward and old school so I missed the priveldge of being fascinated by the whole experience.

Underdog,

But that's kids. They will sing all the songs to Barney the purple dinosaur but can't remember their alphabets. What is your POINT?

I've read one of RK Rawling's book...and frankly can't wait to read the others..it's entertaining..and MAKE BELIEF!

underdog   

Originally posted by Opinionated:

... but can't remember their alphabets. What is your POINT?

it's entertaining..and
MAKE BELIEF!

Thats my point exactly, does it not DISTURB you? or as long ALL the kids can't remember anything important then it's just normal.

As far as entertainment and fantasy go, it seem that is a luxury that you have...I don't. I'm a twenty-something Muslim guy living in North America...The REALITY of the war on my beliefs and the erosion of my culture keep me too busy to indulge in books that glorify things and practises that I have been raised to know are EVIL.

But to each their own.

underdog,

Well, twenty-something year old male living in north america, you need to get out more!

Don't tell me you don't waste your time watching silly movies, sitting at coffee shops, talking to friends, or posting at S.O.L....are you gonna tell me that? This is how I see it.. If I don't have time for luxury, then I make it, my friend.

Do you remember your childhood? endless amount of time doing god knows what with friends? don't tell me you were enthusiastic when your mom/dad tells you to come inside and do your homework..or read quran!

C'mon now bruh.. :rolleyes:

Blessed   

^^ You have a point there, bruv. We do underestimate the inluences books and the media has on children but trust me, there are worse books in School libraries then HP.

If parents make the decision to bring up their kids in a society the completly contradicts their values, then its on them to either undue the harm done through schooling or go back home.

Back to topic,

I'd vote for Hermoine

underdog   

Somewhere earlier in the post I said I read the book. I go to movies...and have wasted time. I'm now trying to move away from all that. Day in day out it's the say thing. I very ready to grow the beard and cut my Sean John jeans at the ankles.

You may be a vegetarian but I like steak. it's all about point of view. I won't try to change your mind because you sound smart enough to make your choices.

I, personally, have seen too much to buy into mainstream culture.

underdog   

Truce? I didn't realize we were at war. we're having what I like to refer to as a " conflict of opinions"

I would be a tastelss planet if we all agreed on everything.