Sign in to follow this  
SaMaaH

Canadians...MILK

SaMaaH   

Guys check this out...very interesting and scary

The Guelph method gives dairy farmers a special feed for their cows. The feed contains herring and chicken feathers. These ingredients work to transfer fish oils into the tissue of cows, and the DHA nutrients end up in the milk produced by the cows.

"This diet protects the DHA from being broken down in the stomach of the cow, but allows the DHA to be absorbed by the animal and secreted in its milk, thus resulting in a new dietary source of DHA for people," Larry Milligan, a professor at the University of Guelph, told a news conference Tuesday

But adding DHA to milk has some dietitians worried. They question the practicality of feeding fish to cows, which are by nature vegetarians

Omega enriched Canadian milk called world first

What do you guys think? Do you plan to drink it? Scientists believe that canadians are deficient in "omega 3s" so introducing this new milk to them is a great idea..

cajeeb indeed. what next are you going to feed red meat to them so we can get more iron? and we wonder how mad cow disease came about, u canadians are totally going against nature. what if the cows get a taste 4 meat, and next their going to be after us. say NO 2 animal testing, lol can i call it that.

but then again i dont even drink milk myself. still its all just a lil too odd

raula   

Hadaba-if there is fear of fish contamination-wouldn't this transfer the problem to cows, eventually dairy?

I wonder y the canadian's are deficient in Omega-3 F.A(linolenic)? is it something in their diets?(u guyz are surrounded by bodies of water unlike U.S.-only on the coastal sides majorly)-therefore should be able to consume ample sea food :confused:

There are other ways in obtaining Omega-3 F.A(the eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)kind but needs the enzyme in the body to convert it to DHA)-this are found in green leafy vegis and plant-based oils such as flax oils,sunflower etc.

Iffah   

DHA, or docosahexaenoic acid, is one of three omega-3 fatty acids. Many researchers say it's the most crucial one for brain development.

"It is the most important one for people's health and welfare... it is used by the body in forming and maintaining nerve and brain tissue and the retina of the eye” said Milligan.

The American Heart Association says omega-3s can help decrease irregular heartbeat, triglyceride levels, and growth rate of plaque in the arteries. It is also credited with promoting brain development and regulates pressure in the eye, joints, and blood vessels.

Ok, well apparently there are many benefits to consuming this milk... But I think I'll wait and see what the potential side effects of this new product are before I start drinking it.