Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Nun murdered in Somalia

RedSea   

^^well the city isn't completely safe,so it's really bad idea to be there specially since foreingers are targetted by some gangs in the city who are trying to discredit the job well done by the courts of bringing safety to . This barbaric killing is something that all people are victims' of, we all came use to hearing about them .

Best of luck to the victims' family and friends.

Who would shot a 78 year old nun four times. My heart really goes out to her family. I heard she knew fluent Somali…

By any chance was this woman a missionary, why else would a foreign waste his/her time in Somalia, honestly?

As for the killing i think a man is under arrest and another one is being hunted down, the Islamic Courts should bring these murders to justice. Sheikh Sheriff has already spoken and has criticized the killing, he said it benefits Islam nothing at all.

And people let’s not forget that the nun’s bodyguard was killed as well, he was a Somali and a Muslim so may Allah grand him Paradise.

Castro   

^ No need to hire a 78 year nun to be a spy in Somalia. Many younger and healthier Somalis would gladly spy on their own brethren (of other clans, of course). Some would even do it for free. :rolleyes:

May she rest in peace.

me   

^^Dude Somali spies are unreliable. and who would suspect a 78 year old nun? I know that NGO's are a cover for spies. The west gets most reliable info from Somalia through their NGO's. Plus who cares about a dead nun, she should have been there in the first place. taking out those NGO's from our country would be a good thing for out people, they might hire Somali experts if their faces are not welcome in our country. Or better yet they may leave and people might have to work for themselves and change their own lives instead of living on hand outs.

LOL, a spy? The news said she got shot four times in the back, but bbcsomali said she was shot four times, one bullet to the leg, one to the stomach and two to the chest.

Castro, you said may she rest in peace, did you forgot her bodyguard who was a Muslim brother? :confused:

Castro   

^ May Allah have mercy on his soul. The thread was about the nun, atheer. If the title was "Muslim body guard of nun killed," I'd have said it.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Castro:

May she rest in peace.

You cant say that atheer for an unbeliever even if they are the best of mankind:

Allah says: "Nor do you ever pray for any of them that dies, nor stand at his grave, for they rejected Allah and His Messenger," Qur'an 9.84 "It is not fitting for the Prophet and those who believe to pray for forgiveness for pagans, even though they be of kin, after it is clear to them that they are companions of the Fire. And Ibrahim prayed for his father's forgiveness only because of a promise he had made to him. But when it became clear to him that he (his father) was an enemy to Allah, he dissociated himself from him." Qur'an 9.113-114

This is wrong...and anyone who sheds blood unlawfully will be punished by Allah.

Certainly, may she rest in peace. I mean, these phonies aka militia, its their own words that got these gunmen fired up and looking for an old soul who has been in that country for 4 yrs when the rest of us ran out yrs ago. She was helping one of our own, but this so called leader of the islamic militia who calls himself "sheikh", its his words that killed her, gunmen just pulled the trigger.

Originally posted by Khalaf:

This is wrong...and anyone who sheds blood unlawfully will be punished by Allah.

Mistaking yourself with Allah again, aren't you? Allah punishes and forgives whomever he chooses. And we can't know what fates Allah will mete out to us, regardless of our deeds.

Baluug   

First and foremost, we should all condemn this murder for what it is, that is a cowardly act by losers.

Secondly, though, she knew that she was putting her life at risk by being in Somalia, whether she's a nun or not. I'm a Muslim, and I don't expect to live long if I go to Somalia, never mind an old lady who is clearly identifiable as a kafir, with all the nun clothing. The work she did for the miskiin people in Somalia should be commended, but as the Qur'an says, it has all gone to waste, since she associated a partner with Allah SWT, the worst deed anyone can do.

Source   

I dont know why people are putting so much emphasis on her believes. The fact is, its between her and her creater . Now having said that, thousands of innocent people die in Somalia regardless how old or what believes they hold, and its sad to see she was just another victim.