Sign in to follow this  
Nuriya

vacationing in atlanta

Nuriya   

Salaam all,

So, I'm planning on visiting some friends (they're not somali) in Atlanta next month. I've never been to Atlanta and wanted any suggestions of somali places/restaurants that are a must-go.

Thanks!

Nuriya   

wait, I didn't know I had to write about my entire life story to get a question answered. Is that how it works? my bad

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Nuriya:

wait, I didn't know I had to write about
my entire life story
to get a question answered.

Come on, you can't be serious. :D . Seems to me, you have none to tell, if you consider JB's q [unless qawdhanka asked your bank acc and later edited his post L0L] your entire life.

Ashkiro   

Hon, why would a somali restaurant be a "most go" in the first place? And secondly, somali places would be most likely your small booths selling the same thing door after door usually caalaal. wax big deal ah ma aha.

I have been to ATL once, just your normal American state nothing big. Google is your best friend to know the fun-spots if you are looking to experience the place. Enjoy and save trip.

Nuriya, i've just asked you who you are and your location so that we know better about how vacationing in Atlanta could be ........

Now tell me ,,,, :D

STOIC   

There is nothing new or unique about Atlanta just a sizeable southern city. I will offer you some good points through which you may secure your own proof through experimentation. I will be insensitive prick in my advice. Let me start with the positive ones. The best Somali restaurant would be Madina restaurant which is off of Memorial drive. Be warned that the server there is big mouth old guy that may embarrass you in front of your ajnabi guest. There you will find a nice Somali bariis and Pasta. IN the Same building on your right side you will find a sijui Coffee shop owned by a good friend. Here you will find a nice cup of Tanzanian tea and Coffee plus Shiisha on the side. You might occasionally on weekends find Vagabonds like me playing Cards or Board game on a corner of the coffee shop sipping my cup of tea. Try to catch the point I’m about to make here. Please avoid the Campus plaza. There you will find the most obnoxious Qabiil talking,BBC listening Somalis sitting outside. This is where you will find men with desiccated face of meanness that may make you quail. The second place to avoid is the Dunkin Donut on Memorial Drive there you will find dressed up men talking politics In a more subtle form unlike the college plaza ones.Have a nice vacation in A-town ;)

C'mon Stoic, she got visit the campus plaza aka halal pizza if she wants to c the somali scenery...they serve the best pizza in town..lol...on a real though, ATL have the best crunked clubs and if u are in to the night life i can jott down some few places for u to hit...holla at me.

STOIC   

^^^^LOl@ the best pizza.I doubt if the poor girl wants to have a high salt intake when she is in A-town.The Halal pizza place has one of the worst pizza by the slice in America.I will instead advice her to go to California Pizza Kitchen on Perimeter mall area.Now about the cranked up clubs you are right on the point.She might want to go to Velvet room on friday (please avoid there saturday as they have a techno night for whiteys!).On Saturday she might want to check out Jermain Duprees's new club studio seventy two. ;)

Nuriya   

Thanks guys! I'm not much into the club scene (too many weirdos) but will definitely check out the other places you suggested (and most definitely avoid the places Stoic mentioned)

JB..I'm a college student living in the middle of NoWhere, USA. The only somalis I see are my family when I go home and I haven't been to a somali populated city in ages. I figured I'd take advantage of the fact that I'm visiting classmates in Atlanta and go to a somali restaurant.