Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Puff The Magic Qaxooti

NGONGE   

^^ Wala xawla! My ayeeyo has gaps in her educational history too? So what particular refugee camp where you running around in whilst not going to school? I am told some camps were better than others. I hear the ones that were in dulcad had power showers and the poor harteshiekh ones had to walk for hours to get some water and chat up girls. Ma run ba? :D

ps

Stoic it's only me and you here, buddy.

AYOUB   

^^ Do you ( and your buddy Stoic )feel blessed or do you think the Almighty spared you Qaxooti blues because you weren't cut for it? smile.gif Dad badan baa aamiinsan in ay ceeb dhici lahayd haddii carabtu aanu ilaahai (SWT) saliidda ugu barakayniin. ;) Tink about it.

NGONGE   

^^ Blessed of course though it's slightly also laced with a hint of jealousy. :D

Lakin kaalay, adigo you are not allowed to get defensive until you reveal how many years you've been a ruffian in a refugee camp. For all I know ciyaal ingrees bad eska aheed. icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

^^ I can't work that game out. Lakin, tell me, why are you refusing to reveal how long it's been for you? Others are boasting about it. Adiga maxa dadka kaa reebay? :D

Still looks like it was just me and Stoic who were the only ones that kept our 'innocence' here. smile.gif

AYOUB   

^ :D Ok then, I plead innocent. It's you, moi and Stoic. At least I admit that the Lord spared me because I'm a softie who could not handle it. smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

I was a lucky too. Spent most of my time falling in love with a spherical object in the garden, street, park, car park etc.

Malika   

Would the experiences of Refugee camps in the west count to something? redface.gif

I too,sat in our front porch somewhere near the Indian Ocean.When the first flock of refugees were telling us,about the seemingly exciting adventures of their experiences of the horrors of war.

Somalidu waa survivors wallahi,honestly when my aunties and uncles whom had to walk across to Ethiopia and then later trek across Kenya to reach Tanzania seem to have overcome that horrible experience and became rather sucessful ..Mashaallah,the resilience in our people is just admirable.

NGONGE   

^^ You bloody qabiilist. Why not praise Ms DD who ran around caga cadaan for two years and is now doing well for herself? Or Ibti who spent eight years looking for a lost sheep and is now..err..erm..I have no idea what she does now but she graduated from something or other recently.

Malika   

^What??? How am I a qabiyaliste? :mad:

I said "our people",that includes all "Somalis", my uncles and aunties are just an example dee,waa kuu sidee xaji? icon_razz.gif

Blessed   

Naah..I was getting bored and fat in caseer land with half an hour of Iftax Ya sam sam as the highlight of my day...

It sounds silly but I really envied (and enjoyed hearing) my sisters qax adventure stories.. not the actual war but the places they've visited, the people they met on their way out.

Thanks to my sweet ayeeyo, I did have 6 months in baadiye living on caano geel, bliss. Beats colouring camel pictures in nursery. :cool:

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

My friend took the first puff and coughed like a long time TB patient in the deserts of Libya. He then had a second puff a third and a fourth. At this stage he stopped, looked down to his feet and finally sat down. He said he was feeling dizzy and asked me if the earth was moving. I noticed there was something going on. I grabbed the other half of the cigarette and threw it.
It took him about 15 minutes to sit down and try to focus but nothing worked at all.

I helped him stand up again but he kept repeating that he was still feeling dizzy. I told him that I was going to take him home. As soon as we started to walk he said we were going in the wrong direction. He was so dizzy he got the directions all mixed up. We then had a long argument before I convinced him to follow me. Even on our way home, he would stop and ask me where we were heading and insisted that we should go in the opposite direction.

After countless fights, struggles and arguments I finally managed to bring him home and ask him if THIS was his house.
He looked at it carefully and told me yeah, but who moved the door to this direction??
:D:D

I WANT SOME OF WHAT HE SMOKED! :D

Are you sure he smoked a half of a cigarette? A regular cigarette? You're such a bore for not smoking it with him...Uff :mad:

NGONGE   

^^ You didn't answer the Refugee Camp question, ya umo kitten. :D

ps

Don't tell me it was flight 13. The number of people that claim to have got on that one make it sound like Noah's Ark.

Kool_Kat   

LOOOOL@Noah's Ark! Ma ila aragtaybo horta...

Alxamdulilaah never set a foot in Refugee Camp...We left just before qaxa iyo qaxarka bilaaban...But I have enough stories *almost* as terrible from being a qaxooti in Canada... :D