Sign in to follow this  
strawberryampcream

spilling the camel milk

Salamu Caleykum to all,

please give me your views on my following thoughts;

we tell others that we(Somalis) are one people, one religion, one language, one culture. etc. yet it would appear that collective consensus among Somalis is to oppose each other on everything imaginable, politically, geographically, religiously etc, while the whole world watches on as Somalia continues to decline further and further into chaos.

we really need to re-examine this falsely affixed "one people" notion.

i could be wrong and i am sure those who disagree with me will not be in short supply :D but has anyone ever wondered that maybe, just maybe the solution to our problems lies in our differences.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

WE ARE one people regardless of what few wicket men would like us to believe because after all we are Muslims and Muslims are brothers and sisters (regardless of their race) said our beloved prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h and those who differ and insist on defying the messenger will reap their rewards come judgment day Insha Allah.

PS. Welcome To Somaliaonline.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

These "oneness" and "we are all brothers and sisters" are so over rated. It's things people just throw around conveniently, and don't mean more than that. Sooner we realize that the better we can get over it.

i could be wrong and i am sure those who disagree with me will not be in short supply but has anyone ever wondered that maybe, just maybe the solution to our problems lies in our differences

People still talk about this?

Hassan_B   

It depends on how people use it. If we wish we could be one nation and we do have what is needed to do that if wanted. But each tribe wants to be on the top, this is problematic. I think politics will always be messy and that politics is where we are most divided. However, politics is only one cell of our life experience body, if taken out of proportion it becomes cancerous and will kill the rest of the body.

Although we pray for a just and righteous leaders, I don't think I will be holding my breath. If however, we focus on the things that unite us, like our language, culture, and religion, then we can still remain as a nation and perhaps maybe that will then be translated to a political unity.

Meel walba "solution" ha laga raadiyo ayee mareysaa. Calanka hala badalo; maya, national anthem waaye ee hala badalo; maya afka hala badalo; maya dhaqanka hala badalo. And finally, dhibaatada dhan waxee ka taaganyahay Soomaalinimada walaaltinimadooda ee hala kala dhig dhigo oo la kala qeybiyo.

I guess 19 years of seemingly without end civil war ayaa keeno waxaan camal. Kalsooni la'aan iyo questioning everything that was established.

Soomaalida mushkilada heysato waala wada ogyahay, meesha ibtiladaas kasoo faracantayna waa isognahay: Qabyaalad. Qof walba haddee daacad ka tahay, oo dalkiisa ka hormariyo mida tolkiisa waa hore meel gaari lahayn.

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiy aar:

Meel walba "solution" ha laga raadiyo ayee mareysaa. Calanka hala badalo; maya, national anthem waaye ee hala badalo; maya afka hala badalo; maya dhaqanka hala badalo. And finally, dhibaatada dhan waxee ka taaganyahay Soomaalinimada walaaltinimadooda ee hala kala dhig dhigo oo la kala qeybiyo.

I guess 19 years of seemingly without end civil war ayaa keeno waxaan camal. Kalsooni la'aan iyo questioning everything that was established.

Soomaalida mushkilada heysato waala wada ogyahay, meesha ibtiladaas kasoo faracantayna waa isognahay: Qabyaalad. Qof walba haddee daacad ka tahay, oo dalkiisa ka hormariyo mida tolkiisa waa hore meel gaari lahayn.

yeah, after all these years of misery, its no surprise if everything is questioned and all avenues explored to bring about an end to the suffering.

you're right about the qabyaalad, i think its at the center of the conflict and the driving force in all of this crap. this is why i raise the question of "differences" and i am not necessarily addressing it in a negative light.

I'd like to think that positive approach to disparity can afford common ground.