Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

Minneapolis controversy over attending an “interfaith service”

wadaadkan aad bu u fududyahay.

I listened to interview giving by a sheikh who attended. the only prayer involved was when they excused themselves and prayed maghrib and then re-joined the event.

these people did nothing wrong .. it was an event for the religous leaders of the community who inhabit the same nehigberhood and they were there to discuss issues that concerned them that had nothing to do with religion.

I watched the somtv interview .. eventhough the inrerviewer was a first class dayuus ... it becomes clear these people are being maligned.

I dont think the location is a big deal .. last eid the muslim community rented out a church to pray eid in .. we covered up all the statues and we used the hall for eid prayers.

Muriidi   

"If anyone goes there, and they stand there, and they take part in the prayers in the church, and they read from their papers, they are not Muslims," he said, according to a translation. "The person who is standing there is just like the infidels."

i understand the importance of that when you fill out "gov." forms wheather one is muslim but not christian or vice versa .. of course the easiest answer for muslims or christians when filling out "gov." forms is (no religion)

organized "gov." people know they don't have that type of freedom of speech that they can involve islam or christianity when they talk about religion .. they also don't have the power to control those who disobey that rule ..

"I'm concerned about this particular imam," he said. "The reason is he's a powerful speaker. Imams like him saying something like this -- it could have a negative effect. We have young people that are listening. It sends the wrong signal."

when was the last time you surfed the net .. look what happened to wikepedia ..

200.jpg

Geel-Jire, I have met all the Imaam's in question here and they are all learned men of great character, I personally know Shiekh Ahmed Tajir who is an Calim from Al Azhahar, to say he went to church and prayed with christians is beyond the pale.

Like C&H stated the mistake was the location, they did not think that through, but Shiekh A/Qani is wrong in the attacks and for being used by that crazy website.

He should have just sat down with them and gave his opinion and let them address the issue.

Cabdiqani waa qaldanyahay, weliba aad u qaldanyahay. Ilaahaay xikmad ha siiyo.Danbigiisana allaha dhaafo.

Culumadu ma gaaloobin, kaniisadna kumay tukan.

Polanyi   

These people know they have no legs to stand on with regards to the Shariah and the Islamic Belief. This is why they have run to the media and pathetically tried to paint the SHeikh as some kind of terrorist who should be stopped.

^^Polanyi, you are the pathetic here. And ill informed too.

When Minneapolis's largest mosque was under the microscope of Law Enforcement Forces due to the disappearance of half a dozen Somali American Youths, good Abdiqani was one of the few wadaads who accused the Mosque and its leaders for having a hand in that apparent alshabaab recruitment then. A claim which later was proved wrong by the actual findings of the FBI investigation.

A good man he is, but he has a history of inconsistency. His recent pronouncements are by far the most colorful of the things he did.

What these wrongly accused Muslim leaders did is something that is routinely done here in the Diaspora. The interfaith dialogue is not a new phenomenon. Only those who live in an environment were Islam is a minority religion can appreciate the value of having a constant dialogue amongst religions. It did help lessen a lot of misunderstanding purported and spread by hostile, conservative media outlets. The event in which this nonsense way gaaloobeen is thrown at was intended to rally leaders of different faiths in support of NY Islamic Center. What is wrong with that? It’s amazing what some people would resort to attract attention or be in the news.

Originally posted by Polanyi:

These people know they have no legs to stand on with regards to the Shariah and the Islamic Belief. This is why they have run to the media and pathetically tried to paint the SHeikh as some kind of terrorist who should be stopped.

How much do you know about Shariah or fiqh in general? N please share your qualifications.

Xiin How much you do know about the qualifications (their experience and schooling) of individual Imams that are being accused of becoming non-believers?

N what do you know about the qualifications of the Imam making the accusations and passinh judgments?

Jacpher   

^Cabdiqani is all over the place. From the missing boys to the Ohio mosque to this issue. He needs guidance more than anyone.

It seems to me Cabdiqani is after some attention in the wrong place. Seeking controversy where there's none. It's beyond me how he could simply utter those offensive words and drag the imam's deen in the mud. Degdega is no part of the wisdom of our deen.

^He certainly looks to be all over place but my concern is what qualified him to pass down such judgment. One needs to have depth of knowledge to justify labeling another MUSLIM a non-believer?

N could one man make such decision or shouldn't there be a consensus of learned Islamic scholars?

Jacpher   

^I don't know Islamically but I know in the recent history of ours, one needs no more than formulate an opinion of others to cast them gaalo. Sadly suck label is thrown in the first round of fadhi-ku-dirir battle. Happens back home quite a lot. Your Shabaab group is no different. They too often use this strategy to overpower their political opponent. What gives Godane, Mansuur or Aweys to cast the TFG, Shariifka or their opposition gaalnimo? Nothing new but a sad reality.

N.O.R.F   

Che, those questions are a little late from you no?. What does it matter anyway? Its clear those who attended didnt take part in any 'other' prayer rituals (unless there is proof otherwise - note to Polanyi).