Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Somali Vs English.

BOB   

Qooleey= Pigeon

Garaangar=I wish I knew what is the English word for Garaangar

Kushineeto= I think it's safe to say that it was our version of skateboard, I am not sure and I stand to be corrected by my fellow Ciyaalka Xaafada.

to make a Kushineeto was simple, all you needed was four bearing rings as tyres, a piece of wood as chassis and few nails and you had a pimped out ride. smile.gif

Peace,Love & Unity.

Baashi   

Garaangar = metal part of the bicycle wheel minus the inner support lil beams or the most inner circle part of vehichle tire (cut out from the rest of the tire). Boys used to roll the wheel by using some sort of makeshift driver object and chase the thing. Kind of poor kids toy.

Kids when being kid were fun in Somalia used to make all kinds of toys: cars (sillig or tie wire and rubber tires from dacas), kites (ay biteey made from cloth, paper, sakiin, and baal makuuti), and kusheneeto which is a makeshift skateboard. Kushineeto is made of lubricated bearing (from junkyard of Italian guy Fratteli or something if I remembered correctly), nails, and wood.

Bob, how about ladhu (dice) made of burjiko and baaruud (dangerous stuff) which is three-dimentional cone extracted from car batteries and converted to aluminum. Boys bore a whole in the middle with a nail and stuffed it with explosive material (extracted from taraq or kibriid) and apply pressure against rocks to make a loud bang noise.

The best one was fishing with ceyngari and maqaalin from Jacfar store the only guy who used to sell this kind of fishing tool. Also bird killing with waraf not to mention hunting mulac with arrow with baamboow wings. Dang these were the days.

We had a fun i tell ya.

Zafir   

BoB and MMA, you guys are saying, ya'll never heard of Indho Guluus..Hadaba it was special kind, and I had it. Qooleeydas indho heda waxay u ekayen footoshaari gulusyahiisa. :D

Guys what about Tacluug? :D

Jacpher   

Ciyaal calaleeyaa ku buuxa meesha. Bob; orgi Cali Uraaye ma nool yahay? Ar maxaa maskiinka tubaako siisay. Gormaa af jini lagu kalaamaa?

Kushineeto iyo garaangar waxaan ka jeclaa bushkuleeti half block lagu kireeyo shan shilling oo diir fiiq ka danbeeyo. Abaa yuu habeen cirfiid bursaday? Anyone??

EDIT: Flash for Qooley lovers.

Check out the Business Advisor flash. Reminds me of Somali politicians.

BOB   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

Ciyaal calaleeyaa ku buuxa meesha. Bob; orgi Cali Uraaye ma nool yahay? Ar maxaa maskiinka tubaako siisay. Gormaa af jini lagu kalaamaa

haa yicaal lacanleey aa sheemtaan kuxumo am ragatay :D:D ? abaa iirawan xamaa sucub.. ii shaabaal yicaalka faaxadaa sheemtaan kaxuubo!

MMA,

:D:D:D:D Abaa waa laga qeyliye sheekada Qooleeyda...wallaahi illin aa iga imaate saa uqoslaaye, mardhowna waxaa arkeenaa BAALRIIG.COM :D

Peace,Love & Unity.