Sign in to follow this  
BOB

I Hate To Say It, But I Told You So.

BOB   

I don't have enough words to describe how hard people partied and how far into the night the celebration went by celebrating the victory of their beloved Springboks over a inferior English team that at times had no idea what they were doing and it was just a matter of time before the superiority of the South Africans came to fore...pity Bryan Habana didn't break Jonah Lomu's record which would have been the cherry on the top.

I feel sorry for the English fans...be it football, cricket or rugby...let's face it your boys AREN'T as good as they are made out to be...they are just a bunch of overhyped average sports men who couldn't even draw against Russia never mind beating them...

redface.gif

every time the English teams are going into a tournament the media builds up the expectation of the nation by making the Faarax in the street believe that their boys are world beaters when in truth they are just average players who are overhyped and definitely overpaid.

...but I FEEL SORRY for Lewis Hamilton because I desperately wanted him to win but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be but if I were him...I would've knocked that Spanish brat Alonso out for not being a team player and contributing to the immense pressure which eventually cost him the world title...KU CIIL FURFURO. :D

I can't help but go back to China race where he made a basic error when HE SHOULDN'T have and remember that race at Monaco where he was told to ALLOW Alonso win? :mad:

Like his Father said...Lewis Hamilton is Here to Stay and if the English needed a hero they found one in him as he will win the Championship sooner rather than later.

Springboks All The Way...My ears still hurt from all the screams and the noise of the fire crackers...Let's enjoy the moment while it lasts...Sorry English Grass...I meant English Roses...Springboks do enjoy having Roses for any occasion indeed...you guys should be happy because at least you managed to keep the score low this time and you got some points on the scoreboard...but still 36-0...Wheeew and you call yourself world champions...but 15-6 was respectable score line...I agree :D:D

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Stop lementing the English rugby team, they did way beyond expectation and got the Final when no one gave them a chance.

at least they beat genuwine heavy weights, Australia and France to reach the Final, who did South Africa beat, Fiji who gave them a close run and Argentina

Hamilton blew his chance it must be said, he chocked at the last hurdle , when he was 17 clear of Raikenon and still loses the title, i guess u can put it down to inexperiance.

Again he overacheid way beyond expectation that it is a suprise he actually lost the title.

BOB   

You call France genuine heavyweight in Rugby? and what about Australia? They are no more than bunch of has beens...you must be resisting the truth to dismiss South Africa as no more than lucky bunch! :D

Fair enough, the draw has been kind to Springboks...I admit that...but don't forget that you need luck on your side to win any tournament(even if its World Gossiping Cup)something that the All Blacks didn't have other wise we would've been debating about them instead...however, the only "formidable" side that we met on our way to the PROMISED LAND were England and WE THRASHED THEM 36-0 and to show the world that wasn't fluke...we beat them again in the final...and you were lucky we didn't give you bigger margin...Jonny who? Typical English hype...the name you lot should remember is Bryan Habana and Percy Montgomery...SAY NO MORE and that's an ORDER. :mad:

Nkosi Sikeleli Africa.

Malup hakanyiswu phando lwayo.

Yiswa imithanda zo yethu.

Nkosi Sikelela.

Thina lusapo lwayo.

God Bless Africa...indeed.

Peace, Love & Unity.

I'm glad South Africa won. Nkosi Sikelele Africa... :cool:

^There is still a slight chance that Hamilton will snatch the title. It depends on whether McLaren can lodge a succesfull appeal over fuel irregularites by Williams and BMW Sauber.

Originally posted by *BOB:

You call France genuine heavyweight in Rugby?

^ Sheik Bob seems u know not much of Rugby otherwise u would not question heavyweight status of the French team, fyi they were 2nd fav. and dispatched the Kiwis in quaters .. trust me they are big in the Rugby world.

N.O.R.F   

Bobby, glad you all enjoyed yourselves down there. As for me, I watched the national anthems then went to bed,,,,,

Well done the Boks!

ElPunto   

^hey Bob - did the Springboks get a lot of support from Black South Africans. Rugby is still a pretty much white sport there.

BOB   

Originally posted by Resistance:

seems u know not much of Rugby otherwise u would not question heavyweight status of the French team, fyi they were 2nd fav. and dispatched the Kiwis in quaters .. trust me they are big in the Rugby world.

Salam Aleikum W.W

You're right I don't know much about Rag Ba'ay (Rugby) but What I do know is that the All Blacks should've won that match...Ok the Ref's mistakes didn't help their cause but still they should've beaten the French..Full Stp.

a friend of mine who's mad about Rugby and a die hard fan of the All Blacks tells me that the All Blacks are world famous chokers when it comes to big matches hence their defeat against the French...again in 1999.

PS. I'm not anywhere near a Sheikh but I'm honoured to hear you call me so.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

The Point...

When I first came to this country most black guys that I used to go to college with used to support the other team that was playing against the Springboks no matter which team they were playing against they would blatantly refuse to embrace the Springboks...citing they were not true representative of South Africa but over the years things have changed and slowly but surely Black players started to get recognition in the local league which in the end afforded them the ultimate opportunity which is of course to represent their country in the highest level and don the coveted green & gold jersey.

I watched the final with couple of these old friends and you would never believe these are the same guys who used to dismiss Springboks as their national team...let's just say they wore their hearts on their sleeves and I don't know if you've heard it but Springboks jersey was sold out in the whole country two days before the final and if you do the math you will realize that the majority of population are black...so that should tell you that people were behind the national team regardless of their colour and that is what I call patriotism.

Amongst the young whites they "Worship" Bryan Habana and Makhanya Ntini (Cricketer) and the media which is white owned were raving about Habana and what he's achieved...some section of the media almost forgot that there was a world cup to win as they were paying too much attention to what he's achieved so far and what he was about to achieved if he's managed to break Jonah Lomu's record...but unfortunately it wasn't to be...

Habana gave an emotional interview after the match which was carried live and he paid tribute to Chester Williams who was the only black player(I think)in the 95 squad that won the world cup on home soil and he dedicated his medal to all those fallen heroes who died without seeing a black man leading the Springboks to the world cup glory.

Race issue is slowly dying out in this country...there's still a long way to go yet but at least this country is headed for the right direction...and these days it has become a trend amongst the so-called celebrities here to date outside of their race...for example Habana has a white girlfriend, Bennie McCarthy (Footballer) is married to a Spanish lady, Mike Shuttleworth (A Billionaire) is engaged to a black actress..the list is long but all in all the future looks bright for this nation and they deserve it.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Sheikh Bob ( as long as u don tat aviator u shall contunied to be called tat ) was is there not a some tention on the black representation in soutth African sports, the local leagues ( cricket in particualar ) i heard there have to a certain number of black players by law, which i think created a huge backlash from few taltented white south africans who could not get into the team because of their colour, Peiterson (English Cricketer now ) cited this as the main reason why he chose to play in and for England.

Such rules will ultimetly not helpe the black players since there will always be a doupt on wheather they got their place on merit or on their colour.

Eventially ( given the right training ) Black players will dominate the national team in particular rugby but they must get there by fair means.

BOB   

I don't follow Cricket that much but all I know is that there's a quota which says there must be certain number of black players in the national team any given time and in my opinion its a good thing because there are a whole lot of black players that are very talented be it Cricketers or Rugby players and they deserve to be in the squad and without the quota they would never have had a look in let alone playing.

The case of Peiterson is an isolated incident and I don't think it will happen again as the Sports Minister has put in place certain criteria that will prevent South African talent jumping ship in the future and kudos to him for that.

The problem is when the Springboks or Proteas (The National Cricket Team's Nickname) lose the media tends to blame the Quota and they start speculating if so and so was in the squad we would never have lost and mind you they always mentiona the names of a white players that are not there but lately we haven't had the misfortune of reading such blatant racism on daily newspapers but like you said given time...Springboks and Cricket team will be dominated by black players...

look at the NFL,MLB and NBA now and can you imagine the NBA, NFL and MLB without Black players because once upon a time there was none.

PS. and it wont be long before we see Muslim players in the Springboks as it's the only national squad that doesn't have a Muslim player in its ranks...we've already got a brilliant cricketer and good defender in the soccer squad.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.