Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Sympathize or Laugh?

BOB   

I ONLY feel sorry for the innocent children ee qabowga lagu dilaayo...spare the children as I have a plan for them but PLEASE let the useless parents drown because we can do without such human garbage.

War hadii la dhimanayo dhareerka waa la iska duwaa agaa...dadku caqiida yaraa! bal maxey sameyn lahaayeen hadey waddanka imaan lahaayeen waqtigey Soomaalidu train stationada seexanayeen oo dadku shiidka wada ahaa? If I write a book about those horrendous experiences no one would ever believe me because there were times when we would buy sugar and mix it with water and then drink it as we just couldn't afford to buy food yet begging never crossed our mind never mind suicide (by the way there's no stronger bond or friendship than the one established on an empty stomach...take my word for it) but Alxamdulillaah today Somalis own restaurants,lodges,shopping malls and countless houses in many different cities in S.A and I promise you today its zillion times easier to make money compared to those days yet they choose to be in camps that even street children wouldn't even choose to live in. :mad:

One madax lafoole was making more than 50 doolar a day at my friend's barbershop sababtoo ah wuxuu shaqeeyo 50% ayuu lahaa and he isn't even in S.A for 6 months hadaba ninkii manta xero ayuu kujiraa oo qaboow baa ku dilaya meesha...so how can I sympathize with such doqon?

Teeda kale waddankan dhiig Soomaaliyeed baa ku daatay (almost 500 times) that means xaq baanba ku leeyahay so there’s no way I'm ever going to leave until I'm compensated by making me and many others filthy rich and some of us are already on their way to promised land and we can really do without the distraction of these boneheads so I say loudly...Let Them Drown And Let The Sharks Have A Field Day.

Salam Aelikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ibtisam   

^^^ A bit heartless my dear. :( Siidaas aye laa nooqtee. You should not wish bad things on them regardless, and certainly not for your own benefit or because you feel they are an embarrassment/ hindrances to you as a Somali.

While you came to SA to make a living, these people are just passing by, trying to get to other better places with better opportunities. Not all of them had the life line the guy you mentioned had either.

Chimera   

Konfuurta Afrika wa meeshii Libaax badeedka badka ka so booda - those ones are ruthless they take their victims 6 meter into the air and then fall back in, walahi i wouldn't wish this fate on my worst enemy

Good morning!

Chimera   

that is 'shark' in Af Somali

but did you see that vid?

if i ever find myself in the middle of South Africa's waters with no land or help in sight i will voluntarily sink to the bottom of the sea and just die cause those sharks are on steriods or something

BOB   

Ibtisam:

Correction: I didn't come to S.A to make a living...I don't think I ever had a plan or a target to do any specific thing...I came here in my mid teens without my family ever knowing it and I was influenced by this guy who told me we could be emperors in S.A and I just believed him and followed him here...he paid all my expenses but to cut long story short...what better place? we have Somalis from all over the world coming vto invest money here...this is where its at...believe me they have it easier here...ok the crime rate is something that the wild west would've been proud of but is there a country where one can live forever? my point is if its your time to go...you will go whether you like it or not but don't throw away what you have in hope of finding better things...

sorry I cannot sympathize with someone who is a muslim yet wants to commit suicide just because he/she wants to live in Europe or America...that's pathetic to say the least.

If I insist on risking my family's wellbeing and everything that I've worked so hard for in hope of achieving repatriation to another country...I wouldn't want any one to feel sorry for me...in fact I would want you to ridicule me...can you do that for me?

Do you know some of these people own multiple businesses...where is the Imaan? where's the logic thinking here? the community elders and the sheikhs went to see them but guess what they did...they booed them and chased them away.

South African government informed them that within the next 2 months these makeshift camps will be closed down and their permits are cancelled so its either to Malawi or god knows where!

Hadeey sidaa la noqotay waa loo sheegay xaalku siduu yahay but they still insist on demanding in la qaado and UN said they've no plans whatsoever for them but what they tell each other and what you read on the papers are two entirely different things...beenta ay isu sheegayaan hadaad maqasho waad dhiman laheyd sidaad u qosleyso.

enough said...I have better things to do.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Woes of man whose chopped arm is held over Sh120,000

By Eaststandard

As the rays of the sun grace over Taita District each morning, Mr David Sanguli and his family wake up to a gloomy future.

Since his right arm was chopped off in an accident at the Taita Sisal Estate where he worked, life has been unbearable.

Each day, Sanguli and his family expect to bury the arm, a year after a machine he was operating cut it off.

Handicapped and distressed, he is fast losing hope. And what is more? Wesu District Hospital authorities have refused to surrender the severed limb for burial, a year down the line.

The hospital has given the jobless Sanguli a Sh120,000 mortuary bill.

He lives in the sisal farm’s house as he chases compensation for the loss of his arm and job. Sanguli accuses the management of treating him inhumanely, sacking him and being evasive over compensation. Apart from the physical challenges, Sanguli’s former colleagues shun him for fear that they, too, could be sacked.

The former machine operator has almost given up the fight.

"I’m leaving everything to God in the belief that he will soften the hearts of my tormentors," he says.Sanguli is appealing to Medical Services minister, Prof Anyang’ Nyong’o, to intervene so that he could get his severed limb back for burial.He fears that its continued detention in the mortuary will traumatise him further.

Police acknowledge that Sanguli’s limb was chopped off by a machine at the sisal company.

They are equally aware that the hospital authorities have stood their ground that the arm would only be released when the mortuary bills are paid.

Conspiracy

The Taita-Taveta Medical Officer of Health, Dr Shem Patta, reiterates this.

He says Sanguli must pay Sh200 a day for the period his arm has lain at the mortuary.

"The victim has not come to my office to ask for mortuary fees’ waiver. I have just been reading about him in the newspapers," said Dr Patta.

Sanguli claims there is a conspiracy between the sisal farm and the hospital to dispose of the limb to conceal evidence for compensation.

"The management has told me that I should prepare for more suffering for going to the Press to highlight my plight," he claimed in an interview.He goes on: "I’m now confused and spend sleepless nights agonising over my plight. I do not know where to go next," he says tearfully.Taita-Taveta OCPD, Mr Francis Kumut, says he ordered the sisal company to have the arm preserved in the mortuary.

"I ordered the Wundanyi OCS, Chief Inspector Paul Odede, to take the arm to the mortuary as the two parties sorte out the matter," says Kumut.He, however, points out that the matter was essentially a labour dispute."We played our part and took the severed arm to the mortuary. We also opened an inquiry. Our hands are tied," say Kumut.

But Sanguli wants the matter resolved: "I want to bury my arm. Once I do that, my soul and spirit will be appeased and I will lead a normal life." The 33-year-old father of four had worked for the sisal firm for eight years.

He wonders the Labour Department has taken too long to solve the matter.Meanwhile, pressure has been mounting on the Government to release the arm for burial.

A Human Rights Forum activist in Taita Taveta, Mr Haji Mwakio, has told the Government to ensure justice prevailed.

He has sent an appeal to Nyong’o to direct Wesu District Hospital to waive Sanguli’s mortuary fees."The law is not fair to ordinary Kenyans. We wonder why health authorities charge fees for a mere arm, charges similar to a body’s," he says.

Sanguli says he is devastated and now wants the arm released unconditionally, pending investigation.