Sign in to follow this  
me

Wilders movie out, riots in Dutch cities.

me   

The fitna movie is out, shid hit da roof, riot police everywhere.

Society radicalized and polerized.

Populist ******* won.

Nomads in Arabia how is this news received?

Post articles on this issue below .

Lets hope this shid passes soon, we are not in a good position. Tolerance is history, but the question is what will the future bring?

If I don't check in 2moro, tell to Jbro diingalgodgalblagaldabagaldoorogalgodlagal

populists won because muslims gave them the ammunition and handed them the game... The film is clearly designed to provoke such a reaction, it informs/educates/entertains no one.. but when muslims start acting like mindless hoarders in response to a political move expect more cra-p like this to made.

The best possible reaction to it would of been complete ambivalence and disregard

me   

I have been following this issue for a while, wilders has been building up the pressure for a while, the movie is not as bad as some expected. In Dutch mainstream forums like Fok and Geenstijl muslims were branded guilty long long time before this film came out. So it doesn't have to do with the film. The film is just an excuse to hate muslims.

On the lighter side. He is going to get sued for using the picture of a Dutch rapper and depicting him as a terrorist and he is going to get sued for using the Danish cartoons because he did not have permission.

populists won because muslims gave them the ammunition and handed them the game... The film is clearly designed to provoke such a reaction, it informs/educates/entertains no one.. but when muslims start acting like mindless hoarders in response to a political move expect more cra-p like this to made.

The best possible reaction to it would of been complete ambivalence and disrega

100% corrcet, ignoring such nonsence would hurt those who make it.

me   

Dutch Islam film posted on website

Geert Wilders, a Dutch politician, has posted a film on the internet that accuses the Quran of inciting violence, despite government fears that it will offend Muslims and cause protests.

It was posted on his Freedom Party's website but could be watched only briefly before the site said it was not available for technical reasons.

The 15-minute film called Fitna, a Quranic term sometimes translated

as "strife", started with a warning that it contains "very shocking images".

It is interspersed with images of the September 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Centre and other bombings with quotes from the Quran.

International criticism

The Dutch government has distanced itself from Wilders' views and fears the film will cause protests by Muslims similar to those sparked by the publication of cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad in Danish newspapers in 2006.

Before seeing the film, demonstrators have already taken to the streets from Afghanistan to Indonesia to express their anger at the Netherlands, while the governments of Pakistan and Iran have sharply criticised the project.

The film shows a young girl in a headscarf being asked about Jews and Dutch broadcasters have refused to screen the film and a US-based web service on which Wilders had planned to show his film, deactivated the site at the weekend after receiving complaints.

Hans Andringa, a political correspondent for Radio Netherlands, told Al Jazeera that the film is not an insult to Islam as a religion.

"I do not think this film is blasphemous, Wilders is expressing his opinion about political Islam, and not the religion itself," he said.

"Perhaps many will not agree with his views, but he does not represent the ideas of the Dutch government - this is just the personal views of one MP ."

Boycott fears

Dutch exporters have expressed fears of a possible boycott in the Muslim world, though trade with such countries makes up only a small percentage of total exports.

There is also concern for 25,000 Dutch citizens living in Muslim countries.

Wilders has been under heavy guard because of death threats since the 2004 murder of Theo van Gogh, a Dutch director who made a film critical of Islam's treatment of women.

His killing by a Muslim extremist triggered a wave of unrest in the Netherlands, home to almost one million Muslims out of a total population of 16 million.

Earlier this month, Dutch officials raised the national risk level to "substantial" partly because of the Wilders film and perceptions of an increased al-Qaeda threat.

source

me   

Dutch MP posts Islam film on web

Dutch right-wing politician Geert Wilders has posted a controversial film critical of Islam's holy book, the Koran, on the internet.

The opening scenes show a copy of the Koran, followed by footage of the attacks on the US on 11 September 2001.

The 17-minute film was posted on video-sharing website LiveLeak.

Its planned release had sparked angry protests in Muslim countries. Dutch PM Jan Peter Balkenende said the film wrongly equated Islam with violence.

"We believe it serves no purpose other than to offend," he said in a statement.

"But feeling offended must never be used as an excuse for aggression and threats."

The film is called "Fitna", a Koranic term sometimes translated as "strife".

Dutch broadcasters have declined to show the production by 44-year-old Freedom Party (PVV) leader Mr Wilders, who lives under police protection because of earlier death threats.

'Spiteful'

Graphic images from the bomb attacks on London in July 2005 and Madrid in March 2004 are shown.

Pictures of a woman being stoned, scenes from a beheading and images of the Dutch director Theo van Gogh, who was murdered by a radical Islamist in 2004, are also included.

And pictures appearing to show Muslim demonstrators holding up placards saying "God bless Hitler" and "Freedom go to hell" also feature.

The film shows a young girl in a headscarf making derogatory comments about Jewish people.

It also displays a graph showing how the number of Muslims in the Netherlands and Europe has grown.

The film ends with someone turning pages of a Koran, followed by a tearing sound.

A text that appears on the screen says: "The sound you heard was from a page (being torn from a) phone book.

"It is not up to me, but up to the Muslims themselves to tear the spiteful verses from the Koran."

The film concludes: "Stop Islamisation. Defend our freedom."

Two years ago the publication in Denmark of cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad sparked protests across the Muslim world.

But Brahim Bourzik, a spokesman for a Dutch Moroccan group, told Reuters news agency he did not believe Mr Wilders' film would spark fury from Muslims in Holland.

"It is not a film, it is propaganda," he said. "All the elements have been seen before, there is nothing new in it."

The UK-based website which allowed the film to be posted online defended its decision on Thursday.

"LiveLeak.com has a strict stance on remaining unbiased and allowing freedom of speech so far as the law and our rules allow," it said in a statement posted online.

Your comments

Of course the film should be posted on the internet. Freedom of speech needs to be protected. "I do not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

Siobhan Cooney, Dublin, Ireland

I've seen the film and while it's distasteful, it'll give the moderate Muslims a chance to speak out. The negative image concerning Islam could in my opinion largely be counteracted by the moderate speaking out against radicalism, which is not happening enough.

Erwin Kuipers, Hoogeveen, The Netherlands

I believe it should not have been posted. Every human on God's earth has the right to choose his or her religion and beliefs and as fellow humans it is our duty to respect that. Why should anyone make fun of anyone else's beliefs?

Syed Kazmi, London, UK

As a law abiding Muslim being born and raised in the West I think this film is appalling. I am all for freedom of speech, every human being has the right to be heard but as the saying goes with power comes responsibility. This film has no other purpose but to perpetuate a growing sense of division in an already deeply divided world.

Lena, Luton, UK

Of course, they should be posted. We, in Western Europe, have won our rights to freedom of speech and we need to retain and defend these rights.

Charles Roffey, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

BBC

N.O.R.F   

It starts with the following verse 8:60 from the Noble Quran (not sure of the movie’s translaton). “8:60 Hence, make ready against them whatever force and war mounts [64] you are able to muster, so that you might deter thereby the enemies of God, who are your enemies as well, [65] and others besides them of whom you may be unaware, [but] of whom God is aware; and whatever you may expend [66] in God's cause shall be repaid to you in full, and you shall not be wronged.” - Muhammed Asad

Then the 9//11 footage is shown along with the bombing of a train in India (I think).

Another verse is quoted “4:56 for, verily, those who are bent on denying the truth of Our messages We shall, in time, cause to endure fire: [and] every time their skins are burnt off, We shall replace them with new skins, so that they may taste suffering [in full] [73] Verily, God is almighty, wise.” - Muhammed Asad

This is followed by footage of Somalis dragging dead soldeirs through the streets and the aftermath of the London bombings.

I couldn’t be bothered watching the rest of it.

Fabregas   

Hadi mar sheekadu sidan ghadey:.......

quote:Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

Former Dutch Labour Party politician Ehsan Jami, the founder of the Committee of ex-Muslims, has announced that he is producing an anti-Islamic cartoon called The Life of Muhammad which will be released on the 20th of April. The film will show a sexually aroused Prophet Muhammad with his nine-year-old wife Aisha.

Members of the Muslims and government contact organisation, CMO, who have viewed a section of the film, say they will go to court in an attempt to have The Life of Muhammad banned. The organisation has described the The Life of Muhammad as totally unacceptable and extremely offensive.

Mr Jami announced last year that he was planning to make a movie. He said the film would be shocking and even more controversial than the Danish Muhammad cartoons.

Fabregas   

I don't think people can be silent when images of terrorism and sexual insults are depicted against the Prophet Muhamad( saw). Hadi Kale, tomorrow they will say we are making a ponography about the Prophet (saw)!

Marka maxa la odhanaya? Freedom speech? Though I agree burning flags, screaming and burning embassies is not the way forward!