Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Saviour of Hip-Hop

OK,am really getting tired of this "saving hip hop" bidneth(if may go hip on yall hehe). What is exactly there to be saved? Hip hop has evolved & every evolving genre will see some variations. I am tired of these hip hop pundits coming and raving about a particular artist they like.Soon as some new guy jets in,with a different message,he suddenly a messiah. Don’t get me wong, Lupes hot OK,but he aint no savior.

Seems like, we get these raves every freaking five years. Remember in the late 90s it was common who saved hip hop, then in 2003 it was Kanye & now its Lupe. Suprisingly, this dyoing music is the fastest growing genre of music in the world. Correct me if am wrong,but when something is dying,shouldn’t the sales, be dropping as well? WTF?

Someone needs to put a sock in these ravesters awright. OK,so you like Lupe,Great for you! Listen to him,and write great reviews about him, but don’t shove him down my throat. He aint no savior,Hip hops not dead.

No thanks, am content with my video H0es ok. Let me turn the volume to my stereo and hear Akon say smack that,OK. Matter of fact,I feel hip hopish,when I hear my boy Wizzy tell me about duffle bug boy aight. And oh yeah, the greatest dance is the soldier boy dance. :D

Originally posted by - Pujah -:

^^LOL FB that wasn't directed at you. calm down walaal
:D

I am just protesting & protecting. Hows that for rhyming? smile.gif

No doubt,Lupe drops rhymes like bush drops bombs,But savior he is not smile.gif

mos def is overrated

common is overrated

and I hope to God Lupe Fiasco doesn't follow.

ok--I can't totally hate on MosDef, I know he's giving back and collaborating with artists (I most admire) & supporting some much needed initiatives---but then again, I can't help but think he's sorta a sell-out!

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

^^Lool.

FB:

hmmm.. waan kuu soo noogoyah 2moorow. I have no energy right now, Pluz I need to brush up my own Shid.
:D

Go on gurl! or as Mr cheeks would say,

Do whatcha gotta do, I ain't mad at 'chu ...something something....

am a faraax, need that Sippin on caano geel, askin where the jaad at( :D )

Lemme put you onto somethin'

You messin' with a big forheaded farax,

no frontin'....messin with me for real, it's gone be somethin'...Yea, I'm talkin lights, camera, action

Xalimo,You had me singing Waa Qalanjo Yaab leh :Dsmile.gif

J.Lee   

I absolutely love Lupe Fiasco; ever since Kick Push, my god, I tied my star to his fan wagon and I haven't let go yet. His content is amazing and beyond reproach however if you judge greatness by clever word play then he is not great but if you judge by content, he is up there with the rest of 'em.

Side note: Go baby on his second album is addictive: "And you're my sure-fire, superstar, sure-shot, firecracker extravaganza, fantastic, super-size with extra cheese"

I saw Common in concert as well as Mos Def and think those were the only two moments in my life were I honestly thought "love at first" sight exists. My God, they were just beautiful to me.

Big L is another favorite of mine: Ebonics is a classic; I never get tried of that song.

B.T.W

Amir is extremely talented. I used to watch him on Def Poetry Jam back in the day and I recently watched his rap video but I doubt mainstream America will like it or relate to it.

I like Weezy F. Baby too but I'm more into his mixtapes. The boy is Fyah! Twista too. Po Pimp, that is my throwback joint. I can't live in the west without bumpin' Mac Dreezy either [We coasting out here].

Originally posted by J.Lee:

I absolutely love Lupe Fiasco; ever since Kick Push, my god, I tied my star to his fan wagon and I haven't let go yet. His content is amazing and beyond reproach however if you judge greatness by clever word play then he is not great but if you judge by content, he is up there with the rest of 'em.

Side note: Go baby on his second album is addictive: "And you're my sure-fire, superstar, sure-shot, firecracker extravaganza, fantastic, super-size with extra cheese"

I saw Common in concert as well as Mos Def and think those were the only two moments in my life were I honestly thought "love at first" sight exists. My God, they were just beautiful to me.

Big L is another favorite of mine: Ebonics is a classic; I never get tried of that song.

B.T.W

Amir is extremely talented. I used to watch him on Def Poetry Jam back in the day and I recently watched his rap video but I doubt mainstream America will like it or relate to it.

I like Weezy F. Baby too but I'm more into his mixtapes. The boy is Fyah! Twista too. Po Pimp, that is my throwback joint. I can't live in the west without bumpin' Mac Dreezy either [We coasting out here].

Speaking of Mac Dreezy(and doing what it do,LOL), i love when he be like, I'm out the roof of a old school

Trynna campaign

Smokin' champagne{How do you smoke champaigne?)

Doin' the damn thang

Now this a damn shame

How these smurf's hate.....some some....Mannnn,I love that smurA :D

I got tha Weezy mix tape with me right here,its FYAH as you said smile.gif

Juicy lee,abayo,I likes Lupe,but he aint no savior,thats all smile.gif

J.Lee   

Savior, ismavior. It doesn't matter to me, he is just a good looking talent who happens to be Muslim and Single. Mmmmm

Lol Mac Drizzle was feeling himself. [i'm dipper in butter, I'll rob your brother, pimp the blood out your mother] yadadameen.