Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

BBC producer shot dead in Somalia

Diamante   

It's sad, but what can you expect nowadays.

She had couple of things going against her, she was white, and a reporter. People get killed for less.

A while ago, my friends dad went to Somalia and on a given day, as he was walking the streets of Mogodisho, a young rebel stepped up to him wanting his mobile phone. He had him at guns range and was going to shoot him if he didn't hand over the phone. My friend's father ofcourse refused, thinking that bystanders were going to come to his rescue.

He ended up with his mobile phone gone and a shot in the leg.

He is fine, thank Allah, but it could've been worse, he could've been killed. For a mobile phone.

Sad

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by DinkiWinki:

Im not surprised. She's going to burn in hell for all eternity. Who said, Muhammed said so. :rolleyes:

Are you the one who dictates the person who goes to hell or not. It is disoriented people like you who mis-represent the Muslim religion and the mar the Honourable name of our Prophet Mohamed SCW.

Pacifist   

Dinki Winki

when ever you mention anywhere the prophets name.

you are supposed to say salallahu cayleyhi wa salaam or peace be upon him. or example prophet mohamed (saw) or (pbuh) example.

^^

Is it that hard to pay your respects to our Prophet? If God in His mercy didn't send His last Prophet (peace be upon him), we'd still be following the altered version of Jesus'religion (peace be upon him).

Also one of the reasons no true Muslim (including the Prophet) makes any claims of who goes to hell and who doesn't, is because to do so would be to persume that we have the same knowledge Allah (SWT) has, and because we don't, no one can make any pronouncements over the fate of others, for Allah knows each of us better than we do ourselves and only He knows who is deserving of reward or punishment.

As for the Hell issue, I understand to a small extent where you're coming from. It is a terrible fate to wish upon anyone. However, Allah made it clear which sins would be deserving of hellfire and then did everything possible to facilitate other things which would keep us away from hell and included the promise that those who seek true forgiveness will be forgiven. You can't have the promise of paradise as a reward and not have anything as punishment. Luckily it's that punishment which is keeping a lot of people from doing bad things to themselves and each other.

Back to the topic.

It is really sad actually to hear of her death. It would have been nice to see someone try to put the focus back on Somalia and its problems. Now the focus is back on us in a way that's not helpful at all. I hope they catch the guy who did it.

Originally posted by DinkiWinki:

Why do we have to say peace be upon him. Did he tell us to say this when he dies? He is the last prophet of Islam, is he not the most perfect example of a human in the history of the humanity?

Do you mean you believe that God might also send him to hell? If so...then what about you and me? If the most perfect example of a muslim is in hell...than what are you chances of getting the REWARD?

Or is this just another formality to show respect even though it may not make any sense?

Don't we ask that God blesses him and his famliy the same way, God blessed Ibrahim and his family, when we pray??

"Peace be upon him" ....what does it mean? Is he still alive?

Admin, would you gas this guy before he regurgitates more insults to our prophet PBUH...

Little knowledge can be detrimental to your health. Better to study and learn more about the diin and when you get to astage where you understand the basics, then perhaps one can talk.

^^ I'm pretty sure we wish peace upon the Prophet (saw), not just out of respect (though that's an important part), but because we it is recommended that we do so. I wasn't sure about the wording of the hadith, so I had to do a little research for that:

Ubayy ibn Ka`b relates: I said, "O Messenger of Allah, I send much blessings on you. What proportion of my prayer should I devote to you?" He said, "As much as you like." I said, "A quarter?" He said, "As much as you like, and if you increased it would only be better for you." I said, "Then a half?" He said, "As much as you like and if you increased then it would only be better for you." I said, "Then two thirds?" He said, "As much as you like and if you increased it would only be better for you." I said, "I'll devote all of my prayers to sending blessings on you." The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, "In that case it will suffice you from your worries and your sins will be forgiven. " [Reported by Tirmidhi who declared it well authenticated]

4. Attaining intercession of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace)

Abu al-Darda' relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said,
"Whoever sends blessings on me ten times in the morning and ten in the evening will have my intercession on judgement day."
[Tabarani]

Sourc: Sunnah.org: Fikh of Salawat

Read the rest of the article, it goes into more depth.

Anybody correct me if I'm wrong.

Sky   

Oh...How does the Prophet know that person's sins will be forgiven? I thought only Allah knows who will be forgiven. You could say that the Prophet will interced for that person on the Day of Judgement, but does this automatically mean that all the persons sins will be forgiven.

the prophet saws.gif knows, because hes the archimaam. he has the knowledge as the messenger of Allah swt. and as a muslim, regarding the arkaanul imaan, you should have faith in the prophets like believing in Allah swt, His angels, fate and judgement day. to say it bluntly, they just cannot be questioned, you just have to believe it, its why its called 'believing'.

if you mean that by only devoting all his prayers to the prophet saws.gif will automatically have his sins forgiven. than no of course not. thats just not how islam works. as in matter of fact this story abot the prophet saws.gif and a man i remember from dugsi quraan is quit useful here:

a man once said to the prophet saws.gif , "o messenger of Allah swt. a woman is known for her much prayer, fasting and charity, but she hurts her neighbours with her sharp tongue" the prophet saws.gif replied, "shell go to hell!"

the man than said, "there is another woman who does not observe her prayer and fasting, and gies dry pieces of cheese in charity, but she never hurts her neighbours." the prophet saws.gif said, "she goes to paradise!"

moral of the story is that morality is the soul and essence of worship in islam. hope you are wise enough to use this to answer your questions.

[im afraid im talking to a wall here, but its worth a try punch.gif ]

DinkiWinki, Allah(SWT) tell us many times in the Holy Quran that those who truly repent will be forgiven.

Allah Almighty says:

He is the One that accepts repentance from His Servants and forgives sins: and He knows all that ye do.

Surah 42 Verse 25

Know they not that God doth accept repentance from His votaries …

Surah 9 Verse 104

"But, without doubt, I am (also) He that forgives again and again, to those who repent, believe, and do right, who,- in fine, are ready to receive true guidance."

Surah 20 Verse 82

In this, there is no difference between sins, whether a few or many, for Allah Almighty says:

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of God: for God forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Surah 39 Verse 53

God accepts the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will God turn in mercy: For God is full of knowledge and wisdom.

Surah 4 Verse 17

When those come to thee who believe in Our signs, Say: "Peace be on you: Your Lord hath inscribed for Himself (the rule of) mercy: verily, if any of you did evil in ignorance, and thereafter repented, and amend (his conduct), lo! He is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Surah 6 Verse 54

Source: Islamonline

Also you might want to read Punishment for wrongdoers... why?

Hope that's helpful smile.gif