Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Let's swab food RECIPES!!

Pucca   

Originally posted by umu zakaria:

SA,

Here is my recipe for KIMMIS, SUBAAYAD, JABAATI or JABATIS whatever u call it.

Ingredients

500g all purpose flour

2 cups of water u must add water gradually and avoid too loose dough.

pinch of salt

1 egg(optional

a little sugar

Method

Pour the flour in to a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well, use all ur strenghs i prefer my hands rather than flour mixers

let it lay for about 3 hrs note the more it lays the softer it gets.

after 3 or u can opt for 1 or 2 hrs instead, devide the dough in to small 2cm cubes and spread each cube in to a small Kibbis, apply oil and fold it to its orignal shape, cover them with plasic paper and leave it for another 30 minutes, finally heat ur bir canjeero or frying pan and splash little oil, spread the jabatis one by one and cook from both sides turning it regularly using oil as little as possible to reduce fat contents. u must store the cooked jabatis in a tightly closed container.

Goes so well with chicken, meat or fish stew and digir also.

u can sometimes apply honey and grab a cup of hot shaah. waa quraac fiican.

that is my way i hope u will like it

if you use hot water it'll save you time and no 'waiting' will be needed as the dough will already be soft.

Does anyone have a good recipe for bisbaas, i have make a couple good sasla style green bisbaas, but want to find out how to make the red tomato based one, i think its called shiil-shiil or something beginning with shiil- but i cant remember,

thankx

Pujah   

^^^this is what you need for shidni....dont hold me to it laakin cuz i am not bisbaas person

chilli peppers, 1 large onion, bunch of garlic cloves, dried cummin seeds, cliantra, basil leaves, 2 tomatoes, and table spoon of olive oil or whatever type of oil you have.

Then put all the engridients in a food processor finely chopp or you can use good old knife and dice it yourself

in a small pan heat the oil and put your chopped engridients, let it simmer until the oil is on top

walaa you got your self bisbaas guduud

Ariadne   

If you are like me and think that peanut butter is the best nut spread on bread.

You will die of pleasure once you try almond butter.

You need a good food processor, but it's really easy to make.

ingredients:

1 lb whole almonds

6 tablespoons vegetable oil

3 tablespoons honey

1. Put the almonds flat on a metal baking pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until almonds are all lightly roatsed.

2. put almonds into food processor and slice and chop them.

3. when they are chopped very finely add a tablespoon vegetable oil and a tablespoon hoeny.

4. repeat this process until blended and creamy.

5. place in a number 4 plastic jar or glass jar. It keeps in the fridge for about a month, but it's better stored in a warm dry environment.

Try it on toast in the morning with soft dates. Or Blend it in with 4 soft large dates and a tablesspoon of almodn butter and voila

date almond smoothies which are the best smoothies in the world.

Ariadne   

All I know about xalwo is it requires copius amounts of sugar and butter.... and a lethal amount of stirring :(

Ariadne   

Raw Food Recipe ( I heart raw food)

"spaghetti"

ingredients:

4 zuccinnis

4 medium sized tomatoes

a pinch of cayenne pepper

1 large portabello mushroom

half a tspn black pepper

punch of sea salt ( not pinch punch)

1 tbspn of hot sauce

1tbspn of tomato paste

4 cloves of garlic

1 medium sized onion

cilantro

a little bit of parsley

fresh basil

fresh oregano

1) Take cheese grater and shred zucinni finely into bowl. When finished shredding set aside in the fridge.

2) Cut tomatoes into quarters.

3) put the tomatoes in a food processor. with the tomato paste, garlic, cialntro, basil, oregano, hot sauce, sea salt, black pepper, cayenne and sea salt.

4) Puree them until it is to the consistancy of your liking.

5) On the stove with a medium sized frying pan lightly drizzle vegetabel oil and semi caramelize the onions.

6) After onions are finished. Grill the mushroom.

7) serve with the mushroom on the sides of the "spaghetti" ( like a mushroom mountian)and cilantro or parsley to garnish. As well as soy feta cheese... or real cheese

Pujah   

CRISPY FROG LEGS RECIPE

5 lbs. small frog legs

3/4 cup lemon juice or vinegar

Crushed ice

1 cup milk

6 eggs, separated

2 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil

1/4 tsp. salt

Salt and pepper

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Vegetable oil

Wash frog legs thoroughly. Place in a large Dutch oven; sprinkle with lemon juice, and cover with crushed ice. Refrigerate 1 to 3 hours.

Combine milk, egg yolks, olive oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt; mix well. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.

Sprinkle frog legs with salt and pepper; dip each in batter, and dredge in flour. Fry until golden brown in deep oil heated to 375 degrees F. Drain on paper towels.

You can thank me later :D

i cant, mine r family secret. sorry

why u wanna eat frog legs?? i mean, there is plenty of rich thick meat? wazup with dat.

cc, u spoking all reer hargeysa, xalwo is not good for yah. try qulaab jamoons! u will like it. go to any indian or paki, store and get 2. ok. but make sure that u order them when guys are around...just an fyi.