Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

SOL Poetry Volume 1:: what do you think

People how many poems have been posted in this website? Where are they? Why not put together a book, online or otherwise to highlight the poetic talent of say the Nomad next to you?

SOL, POEMS volume one: coming to a screen near you.

^^^ No its for everyone dear...

Should SOL which means us, put together a poetry book, an e-book or even traditional. Of our finest poems?

How should go about doing this...

J.Lee   

^Why don't you start Duke? smile.gif I stated it before and I'll state it again: Your poems were your best posts on this site so be kind and share dee.

Indeed.

That is it, I'm loggin' off now.

How much does self-publishing cost? A collection of the best of SOL poetry- a small pamphlet even sold for a small price(to cover publishing costs and earn a small profit) at Somali establishments with the profit going to a Somali-leaning charity sounds good. On paper. ;)

U'd need permission from all involved including the owner of the site and do a hell a lot of running around and organising.

I like the sound of an SOL spin-off charity-poetry talent combo. It shouldn't be difficult to work out costs and potential profit; the exposure for the poets would be welcome I'm sure. Just how badly do you want to do this Duke? 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration, u know. And it is Somalis u're dealing with. Gotta factor that into the cost. ;)

^^^ Good point. First step why not put the best 50/ 100 poems together, as voted for by members on SOL. This is what I had in mind, while we work out all the legal and financial details with regards to having a paper back.

Give it all to charity or to the website itself.. Difficult this aint, but lets agree on what we want to do. Whats the point of all these poems?

Castro   

^ The Duke is taking on ever more difficult tasks. Between the opposition to the History section and the lethargy in the Poetry section, I worry for him. Hopefully his strength, stamina and will are great enough to overcome the difficulty of dealing with our people.

I don't know that poets care about purpose necessarily when they write but write they do and if it's something positive about our culture I'm all for its proliferation, promotion and proanotherwordIcan'tthinkof. Square it with the owner first and go from there?

Castro I salute you again.. My sister Sharhazad, you are right, but some of these poems are great and we as an oral society should appreciate, keep and as you said promote the art of wordplay.

The owner and his baby faced admins, will only be moved by the power of the mob, so let us unite and see how fast they respond to our demands ;) ..

This one has a potential to succeed. It is feasible and can easily be done. I am all for it.

There is some thing in my DNA that loves poetry in particular and literature in general. Although Arabic is my thing, I do appreciate and respect all the literary works. So bring it on I say, and this time (unlike your history proposal), good General, you have my vote :D .

Kasoo qeyb gal maansada haddaad ka qatanaan weydey!