Sign in to follow this  
Carab_Dheere

Is it wrong?

Pujah   

why? do people crash at your place at all hours....just curious :cool: .

To answer your quesion, nothing is worng with enjoying your own company...LIVE AS YOU WISH.

Som@li   

Are u scared to mix and be with pple, and what makes u feel confortable to be alone? social-phobia? you will not get the answers here, by getting some pple like you and then that will be make you happy..go to a doc, Man..

Nothing is wrong if one enjoys being in or around their home alone, sometimes you need peace and quiteness.

What is disturbing is wanting to only go out when its dark, I'm almost too scared to ask why you enjoy going out only in the dark? Why not daylighT? Don't you enjoy going on and about your life, looking up the sky, and enjoying the sun and the warmth around you?

and lastly, hating having company in your home definitely qualifies you as anti-social. Entertaining friends and family should be an enjoyment, it should bring a sense of togetherness.

I love having my people over, I guess because I love being a good host. I make sure everyone is having a good ole time, na mean. I'm a loud individual, and I dont mind a bunch of loud pple screaming their lungs out under one roof. You know how somalis do, qeeli 10x. Its why we were once kicked out of the YMCA, we yelled nearly 80% of the time while we were there playing ball.

I really hope I answered your questions, but at the end of the day, if you are comfortable in your own skin, then thats all that matters.

Too much Steven Spielberg Horror movies aa batsatay maahino sxb? sxb, dish-ka aa ku wareegi rabo iska gaar nooh haddii oo calamatkas isku aragtay! qatar waaye nooh! :D

Salaan...

Few aspects in life I've realized since I arrived Galbeedka: Increasingly likelihood of depression [walbahaar iyo walwal] in our community and the ever shrinking of young Soomaali men without bidaar, salaxyo and others. Perhaps the two are related.

Back home waxaan xasuustaa xataa haddii dhiibatada weyntahay xataa saan desperate depresson uma jirin, however now we have unwittingly acquired West's jirooyinkooda baas.

And about bidaarta. If you ever looked old pictures from home, most young men spotted afros, even those in colonial pictures. Compare that kuwa qurbaha ku koray. Very few ayaa afro-like timo qabo, even haddee deystaan timahooda. I'm personally coming across a lot of young men, some just barely coming out of their teens, with salaxyo [the first sign of bidaar] and some already with bidaar.

Is it biyaha? Environment? Weather? Laqabsasho la'aanta dhaqanka cusub, thus jahwareerka which results depression, the old belief bidaarta keento?

Hadda usoo noqdo mawduucaan, nothing wrong having time with yourself. It is something new to all-the-time socially-prone Soomaalis, but nothing wrong, as far as I am concerned. I do have my quite moments to read the papers with koob shaah. In fact, it is one of my best moments.

I also like when Soomaalis gather, be it martiqaad consisting a small group or a large social gathering -- they never get tired of talking and storytelling. I sometimes do not even listen the stories per se, but follow the interesting ways of how stories flow and change. Try doing that, you'll see yourself how quite interesting it is when a story starts with reer miyi and ends in Bush's Aqalkacas' last issued public policy and back to why Islii, the xaafad in Neyroobi, is unworthy of living in just two minutes without no discernible interruption. Very, very interesting, ay tel yuu. :D

Prefering to stay alone could be motivated by several reasons; principally, either the usual people surrounding you are not quite interesting and you are the type of person who like to read, think and let your imagination run.

For instance, I've noticed that me and my brothers used to feel most comfortable when between us, or with close cousins and friends when playing; we were simply reared such as not to mingle with "potentially misleading" children of our age and concentrate on our games and activities at home or with the family.

Hence, our conception of happiness was week-end pick-nique/beach with the family and playing at home the rest of time, while being with the cousins during summer vacations.

Obviously, my most preferred activity, reading and daydreaming was inconceivabe surrounded by typical Somali noise and I'm still very selective with people I'm intimate with (usually like-minded people, who can not be intrusive/distractive).

Of course, social phobia is altogether another topic, if you dislike any company at all and every time or going to markets/shops and other dense areas' likewise depression and addiction to TV/internet ect...

Shakti   

Originally posted by Carab_Dheere:

Is it wrong if a person enjoys markuu kaligii guriga joogo, or love to go out when is dark outside, or hates having ppl guriigiisa?

yes yes yes (and yes 2 the 4th question, u might ask) ....

yes 2 all three questions. One can not function well in society if he/she likes all those three things.. i suggest( listen careful coz i will not repeat myself ) that u see ur local wadaados so they can slap the jiiny out of u.. talking like a galoo

"oh,i think.. i might be the 1st somaliyan serialkiller..In training " is no way 4 faraax 2 talk. Ok. :mad:

Ps im a qualified wadad if u like me to slap the jiiny out of u.. but plz make ur appointment soon. at least b4 25th December ;)

laakin the "when it is dark" clause need explanations; only going out when it is dark? Other depressions symptoms ect?

At any rate, it always helps a lot to excercice regularly (even simple walking), watch out your diet and pray/take lessons at the Masjid (make sure they follow the correct creed before they teach you); you can also ask ina qur'aan lagu saaro, it always works when you believe in it and for many purposes...