Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Ubax

Who

I was born in Copenhagen, Denmark to immigrant parents from Somalia. I was raised in Stockholm, Sweden and worked as a dishwasher for a convalescent home during my teens. I also worked as a journalist for a youth magazine. I sang at every talent show in my high school and have been a song writer from an early age. I moved to the Americas seduced by capitalism and blossomed into an NFL-watching, Starbucks-guzzling, Holiday-celebrating gal. I finished college and started singing outside of the shower. Here I am.

She is upcoming singer, or wants to be one. Either way, we hope the best.

Check her website to sample her songs.

To listen one of her songs. [Windows Media Player.]

image_yellow1.jpg

image_10.jpg

image_09.jpg

And why am I bringing her here? Good question. I like the name, Ubax. :D I am fond of original Soomaali names, like Idil, Istaahil, Ladan, Sagal, Haboon, Hodan, Ayaan, etc.

PS, hadaa waran lasoo boodi rabtid, don't blame me. I am only a messenger. ;)

ElPunto   

^A truly lovely name. :D

I don't know what it is - but a lot of Somali women have such a distinctive look to them. Without knowing her background - I would've said that girl is Somali from the pic.

PS - what does Sagal mean?

Heey, folks. It is lovely name, believe me. :D

what does Sagal mean?

Sagal = Rainbow

That is the rough translation. It is something that covers the whole sky clearly and wonderfully, gees ka gees.

Kids used to call rainbow caashocarabdheer. I don't know why and how it came. Anyone?

Sure Castro....Just roll so nicely from the tongue...Ubax "scanning her from head to toe"

Point...I thought all Somalis had that distinct look. Maybe it is farah in her.

ElPunto   

^Che - It's more the women imo but I think I know what u saying.

Getting into music biz is hard - she should look into modeling. No talent needed.

Castro   

Ubah sings country music? The whole business of show is tough. The things you have to do just to succeed may not be worth it.

Good luck to her whatever she does.

Shakti   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar @loooooooooool.. yeah im ashamed 4 listen 2 the song. no disrespect but the sister needs 2 stick with the modeling, mashallah she has a very authentic xalimo look and she should rock that with gontinoo and dirac…. but the singing part she needs 2 4get about it :D

Abaadir   

No disrespect but why would any mother name her daughter Ubax. I have a feeling that girls name Ubax, Ayaan, Deeqo and Hodan will not behave well as they grow old. The Ubax in the picture is smoke hot though… I have a second wife position open… I wonder if she would accept it.

Originally posted by Abaadir:

No disrespect but why would any mother name her daughter Ubax. I have a feeling that girls name Ubax, Ayaan, Deeqo and Hodan will not behave well as they grow old. The Ubax in the picture is smoke hot though… I have a second wife position open… I wonder if she would accept it.

:D:D:D