Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

man dies after 50 hours of computer games

Muhammad   

S.Korean man dies after 50 hours of computer games

SEOUL (Reuters) - A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing on-line battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play on-line games on August 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games ( ), the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.

South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry.

Som@li   

.Korean man dies after 50 hours of computer games

Some of computer games are very addictive,,but some1 dying as result of playing,,maybe this is just co-incident! :(

Ohhhhhh ,,, i'm lucky ,, i'm not into playing games ,,, i should do something else ,,,, Ohhhhhh Noo,,,, wait ,,,, i like watching movies ,,,, :D

Goonle   

I mean lots of guys have had marathon sessions but 50 hours is truly amazing. The interesting thing these days is older brothers are still in the game. Its a great pass time and a nice escape from the bickering of women lol.

At least he died doing what he loved, as for me

I’d probably die beside a Jawaan of odkac watching all five seasons of the Sopranos, of course after praying salaat subax.

but i'm sure it's better than just sitting there and chewing Qat in Somalia ,,,,,, ppl there are dying of sitting 50 hours with an endless debating on Qabyaalad sandwitched with Qat ,,,,

They’d probably have a show called Survivor: Eating Qat in Somalia, the winner gets a lifetime supply of Qat. They would last more than 3 days, I’ve heard Qat tales, people lasting days.

Has anyone ever overdosed from Qat?

i know some friends overdosed da Qat and had a very very strange stories. i know one of them was chewing for 3 days then as he was sitting he stoood up and started talking to himself ,,, he is mentally ill now ,,,,,

another one forgot his son on one Qat table in da market and rememebered him just after midnight when he went home and da wife asked him about da kid ,,, ,,,,, :D:D

Many many tales ,,,,, fortunately i never chew ,,,,, nor smoke ,,, and i won't do it insha Allah ,,,

Som@li   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

fortunately i never chew ,,,,, nor smoke ,,, and i won't do it insha Allah ,,, [/QB]

Bro,,u never tried,Qat,not even once,,just tell us ;):D

Never heard of one who died of Qat overdose,,btu kills many slowly,or many have died in the process of attainig it. But this Korean guy,,has beein sleeping,,eating and gaming,,how did he die? something is fishy??

Foxy   

Any man concentrating more than 5 hours on a ****** virtual game needs to die no doubt......

there is more to life than a ****** game......even damn Khat is better than ****** virtual game....dont get me wrong I am not endorsing khat chewing over anything........but playing ****** virtaul game for 50 hours is insane.....

cheers

The strangest thing is that many young Somalis are resorting to the fine art of Qat addiction. Who would have thought, they’re no longer interested in weed, but instead Qat, of course they still sip on the regular but who would have thought Qat.

Question: Anyone ever made Qat tea? I did once after studying the whole night, I heard rumors that Qat keeps you up, instead of coffee I resorted to Qat tea, and that was the strangest morning I’ve ever had.

WARNING // DON’T CHEW AND DRIVE